|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher of the class when Georgia gets in trouble?
2. Who is the first guest to come while Georgia's mother is gone?
3. How does Georgia react to her teacher's answer?
4. Georgia and Jas dress in black and wear hats, emulating who?
5. What is Georgia's plan regarding Lindsay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Georgia's plan in the April chapter?
2. What does Georgia worry about at the end of the February chapter?
3. Why is Georgia the talk of her school in the June chapter?
4. Why does Georgia have to forfeit the tennis semifinals?
5. What happens that gets Georgia in trouble at school, in the May chapter?
6. Why does Georgia have to wash her mother's robe?
7. Why did Robbie want to see Jas after school?
8. What are the important events that occur at Georgia's slumber party?
9. Why does Georgia stay home from school in the July chapter?
10. What causes the fight between Georgia and Jas in the February chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgia looks to Cosmo magazine for advice about boys and beauty. Analyze how realistic and accurate the information she received from this source, and others like it, was. How did it affect her self-image? How useful was the information she received? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Georgia and her mother. How does Georgia feel about her mother? What does she dislike about her? Does she trust her mother for advice? Why does Georgia prefer to consult her mother's books and magazines, instead of looking to her mother for answers to her questions? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Georgia and her friends have scoring systems for many things. They use a numerical scale to gauge their appearances, how far they have gone with a boy, etc. Does this seem like a practical system? Why do you think they chose to do so? What are the drawbacks to using such a system? Who gets hurt as a result? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)