|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Georgia hopes she doesn't end up with someone like who?
2. What boy does Jas like?
3. What does Robbie say to Georgia about her friends in the December chapter?
4. How does Slim punish Georgia and her friends?
5. How does Robbie behave when he sees Georgia at school after Jas's breakup with Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the disease Jas supposedly has?
2. Why is Georgia upset after she and her friends rate one another in German class?
3. What does Peter Dyer teach Georgia during her lesson?
4. Why does Mark tell Georgia he can't see her anymore?
5. Why does Robbie give Georgia a dismissive look when Georgia and Jas see him outside the gate to their school?
6. Why isn't Georgia enthusiastic about the party she and Jas will be attending?
7. Why doesn't Georgia want to attend the bonfire for Guy Fawkes Day?
8. Why is Georgia worried after she and Jas measure themselves?
9. What object does Georgia confront her father about at the beginning of the September chapter, and why?
10. What does Mark do to Georgia while walking her to school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One recurring theme in the novel is that just when Georgia is beginning to succeed, something happens that sets her back. What are some of the major events that fit this pattern? Why? What message was the author trying to convey via these events? What information is given, regarding Georgia's personality, by the way she handles these setbacks? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Georgia has many problems with girls her own age -- she argues, even with her friends, on a regular basis. How well does Georgia relate to her peers? What are some of the factors that make it difficult for Georgia to get along with other girls her own age? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Georgia and Jas. What do they have in common? Why are they best friends, considering how often they argue? What are the reasons for their arguments? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)