|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jas's crush work?
2. What is Georgia's response when Mum asks her if she misses her father?
3. What is Georgia's New Year's resolution?
4. What does Mark do while walking to school with Georgia in the December chapter?
5. What is the real name of the school's caretaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Georgia want to attend the bonfire for Guy Fawkes Day?
2. How does the fight at the Christmas party start?
3. How does Georgia cheer Jas up?
4. Why isn't Georgia enthusiastic about the party she and Jas will be attending?
5. What happens when Georgia and Peter go outside at Katie's party?
6. Why does Robbie give Georgia a dismissive look when Georgia and Jas see him outside the gate to their school?
7. What happens to Georgia during La Marche avec Mystery?
8. What does Mark do to Georgia while walking her to school?
9. What object does Georgia confront her father about at the beginning of the September chapter, and why?
10. Why do Georgia and her friends get in trouble with Slim at the end of the October chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgia dates several boys throughout the course of the novel. Compare and contrast the characters of Peter, Mark, and Robbie. What do the three have in common? What undesirable characteristics do Peter and Mark possess that Robbie doesn't? Why does Georgia prefer Robbie over the others? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Georgia looks to Cosmo magazine for advice about boys and beauty. Analyze how realistic and accurate the information she received from this source, and others like it, was. How did it affect her self-image? How useful was the information she received? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
There are many events that occur in the novel that are quite significant for Georgia, but in different ways. Which event is the most significant for her, and why? In what way did it change her? Was the change for the better or for the worse? Why? What factors brought about the event in question? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)