|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Jas been doing to ensure that her skin is clear?
2. What does Libby do with Georgia's foundation that makes Georgia angry?
3. How does Georgia think Jas contracted a disease?
4. What does Georgia accidentally do to herself in the August chapter?
5. What is the real name of the school's caretaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgia feel when contemplating the possibility of her parents divorcing?
2. Why do Georgia and her friends get in trouble with Slim at the end of the October chapter?
3. Why isn't Georgia enthusiastic about the party she and Jas will be attending?
4. Who is Lindsay?
5. Why is Georgia worried after she and Jas measure themselves?
6. Why is Georgia irritated with Jas at school, after Katie's party?
7. How did Georgia get Angus?
8. Who is the novel's narrator?
9. What is the disease Jas supposedly has?
10. Why does Robbie give Georgia a dismissive look when Georgia and Jas see him outside the gate to their school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Georgia says that she appreciates the normalcy of Jas's family. Is Georgia's family really so abnormal, or is she simply a teenager who is embarrassed by her family in a typical fashion? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Angus is in the novel's title, and plays a significant role throughout the course of the novel. Why is he so significant? What is his relationship to Georgia? Why did she choose to have such a difficult and wild pet? In what ways does she identify with Angus? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Georgia and her friends have scoring systems for many things. They use a numerical scale to gauge their appearances, how far they have gone with a boy, etc. Does this seem like a practical system? Why do you think they chose to do so? What are the drawbacks to using such a system? Who gets hurt as a result? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)