|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgia decide to do every day before school so she can look good for Robbie?
2. How old is Georgia?
3. What is Georgia afraid she will become?
4. What is Georgia's response when her parents tell her that they will be moving to New Zealand?
5. What does Robbie say to Georgia about her friends in the December chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the disease Jas supposedly has?
2. According to the narrator, why is there a glossary in the back of the book?
3. Why does Robbie give Georgia a dismissive look when Georgia and Jas see him outside the gate to their school?
4. Who is Lindsay?
5. What are some of the problems Georgia has, which she mentions in the first chapter?
6. What does Libby say to Robbie that shocks him and embarrasses Georgia?
7. Why doesn't Georgia want to put her arm around Jas when Jas is upset?
8. Why isn't Georgia enthusiastic about the party she and Jas will be attending?
9. What is "Operation Sausage"?
10. Why doesn't Georgia want to attend the bonfire for Guy Fawkes Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One recurring theme in the novel is that just when Georgia is beginning to succeed, something happens that sets her back. What are some of the major events that fit this pattern? Why? What message was the author trying to convey via these events? What information is given, regarding Georgia's personality, by the way she handles these setbacks? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
This novel fits the pattern of all other novels, in that the plot has five stages of action. Separate this novel into its component stages, and explain why you made your selections, in terms of where each stage begins and ends. Is the transition between each stage marked by a major event? If so, what is that event? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
There are many pop culture references throughout the book -- for example, Rolf Harris and Claudia Schiffer. Analyze what sort of influence pop culture icons have on adolescent teenagers, such as Georgia and her friends. Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)