|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slip learns she has what disease?
2. Faith's father died and left what for her?
3. Fred spends a lot of time sleeping or doing what?
4. How old is the teen Audrey counsels?
5. Wade talks to whom about Faith's moodiness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Slip's attitude toward her brother Fred's transformation?
2. Do you think it was right for Audrey to let Grant join the Angry Housewives book club?
3. How does Merit feel about the man who watches her in the library?
4. Why do Audrey and Slip argue?
5. Do you think it was right for grant's father to treat him differently, after finding out that Grant was gay?
6. Do you think that Faith handled Beau well, when Beau was crying in his room?
7. Julia and Kari don't speak for over a year. What finally causes them to reconcile?
8. Describe the complete change in Audrey between the beginning of the book and the nineties.
9. What family secret does Beau discover and tell Faith about and how does Faith react?
10. How did Faith's mother die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the story feel ashamed or guilty about their actions at various points.
Part 1. Choose a character and write about a situation where you feel that character was right to feel ashamed or guilty and why.
Part 2. Choose a character and write about a situation where you feel that character was wrong to feel ashamed or guilty and why.
Essay Topic 2
Eric abuses Merit throughout the book. His abuse eventually results in a divorce and, ultimately, Merit hits him when they meet up again at their daughter's college graduation.
Part 1. Why was Eric abusive towards Merit?
Part 2. Why did Merit take Eric's abuse for as long as she did?
Part 3. Choose two conflicts between Merit and Eric and describe alternative ways that Eric and Merit could have resolved the conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Faith lies to her friends about her past throughout the book.
Part 1. Why does Faith feel compelled to lie?
Part 2. Why does Faith finally feel compelled to tell the truth?
Part 3. Write about a time when you lied to someone and eventually told them the truth. What were the consequences?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)