|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Merit's new friend is named Mr. what?
2. The whole family reunites in Mississippi to hear the story about Faith and her mother and Bonnie. Who is shocked and angry?
3. Kari receives an invitation to whose wedding?
4. Audrey has stopped attending book club meetings to avoid:
5. What position does Julia have in the circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kari's attitude towards Julia in this section of the book and how might it affect Kari later in the book?
2. What is the difference between Mr. Paradise and Eric, Merit's ex-husband?
3. How is Slip's illness reminiscent of the opening of the book and what could it mean in reference to the beginning of the book?
4. Julia and Kari don't speak for over a year. What finally causes them to reconcile?
5. How did Faith's mother die?
6. How does Kari finally tell Julia the truth and what happens, as a result?
7. How does Merit feel about the man who watches her in the library?
8. Why do Audrey and Slip argue?
9. How does Faith actually feel about Beau's secret?
10. Do you think it was right for Audrey to let Grant join the Angry Housewives book club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of the story, a nurse mistakes the club members for sisters.
Part 1. Which two of the club members do you feel are most like sisters and why? Use at least two examples from the story to support your answers.
Part 2. Which two of the club members are least like sisters and why? Use at least two examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Using a minimum of three examples from the story, one from the beginning, one from the middle and one from the end, describe which character you think changed the most, as the book went on, and in what ways they changed. Also, do you feel that their changes were for the better or for the worse and why?
Essay Topic 3
Fred and Slip are on opposite sides of the war issue, even though they are brother and sister. Fred enlists and Slip goes to anti-war rallies. Which one of them do you side with, as far as war goes, and why? Use several examples from both the book and real life wars to back up your answer.
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)