|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the ladies actually related?
2. Kari invited the Angry Housewives over for what, the day after she got home with Julia?
3. Who is sunbathing topless?
4. What is Faith's mother-in-law's name?
5. Merit's husband's name is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
2. Do you agree with Merit hiding things in her hair? Why or why not?
3. Friendship is set up as the main theme of the novel, in the prologue. What do you think are two qualities that make a good friend and why?
4. What secrets are discussed in this section and what do they say about how the book will progress?
5. What secrets is Faith hiding from the others?
6. How do you think that Merit should handle Eric's abuse?
7. Why does Patsy cover for Faith, when Faith is almost caught in a lie and what is the resulting conversation between Patsy and Faith?
8. Do you think that Merit is strong or weak?
9. When a woman they don't like comes over, Faith, Audrey and Slip flash the woman. How do you feel about the flashing incident?
10. Do the women in the story appear to be close, in the prologue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perspective changes everything in the book. For example, Slip is mad at Faith over Faith's lying, until Slip's son points out that, from his perspective, Slip has led a charmed life and should cut Faith a little slack. Describe three situations from the book and how each situation was viewed differently by at least two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Foreshadowing is used a lot throughout the book. Write about one instance each for any three book club members where foreshadowing was used to give the reader a glimpse into that club member's future.
Essay Topic 3
Using a minimum of three examples from the story, one from the beginning, one from the middle and one from the end, describe which character you think changed the most, as the book went on, and in what ways they changed. Also, do you feel that their changes were for the better or for the worse and why?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)