|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audrey also tell Faith that she once predicted?
2. Audrey's husband has what working relationship with Audrey's father?
(a) The husband is the father's boss.
(b) The father is the husband's boss.
(c) The husband and the father are partners.
(d) The father fired the husband.
3. Slip's daughter goes by what name?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things the friends are doing, as the novel opens?
5. Shortly before what holiday Slip learns that her brother has enlisted in the military?
(b) The Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the aftermath of Kent State, Slip joins a protest at what kind of local festival?
2. Merit's baby is what?
3. Kari hid what in her luggage?
4. Kari names her new baby what?
5. Last year, after what event of Kari's did Eric beat Merit savagely for wearing political buttons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Merit hiding things in her hair? Why or why not?
2. How does hiding things in her hair make Merit feel?
3. What secrets is Faith hiding from the others?
4. Do you think that Kari should tell her brother that the baby is his daughter, Mary Jo's?
5. What is Merit's relationship to her father?
6. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
7. When Faith is nearly caught in a lie, Patsy covers for her. Do you think it was right for Patsy to cover for Faith?
8. Why do you think that Eric beats Merit?
9. Why does Patsy cover for Faith, when Faith is almost caught in a lie and what is the resulting conversation between Patsy and Faith?
10. Why does Audrey's ability upset Faith?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)