|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faith tried to do what, but was overruled by Patsy?
(a) Cancel the book club meeting.
(b) Invite everyone to a movie.
(c) Babysit Julia.
(d) Invite everyone out to eat.
2. The argument over the book club is the first time Merit's husband has done what?
(a) Punched a hole in the wall.
(b) Drank heavily.
(c) Hit Merit.
(d) Stormed out of the house.
3. Audrey is convinced that her husband is doing what?
(a) Stealing from their friends.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Taking drugs.
(d) Having an affair.
4. In what location does the novel open?
(a) A house.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
5. What is Faith's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faith finally puts the babies to bed, she settles on the couch to read a book only moments before what happens?
2. The friends watch as what happens to Kari's daughter?
3. Kari introduced the Angry Housewives to Julia where?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things the friends are doing, as the novel opens?
5. As Faith watches the street, she sees a group of what she believes are teenagers come out of their houses and begin throwing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it was right for Fred to enlist to go to Vietnam?
2. How does the book club come by its name?
3. Do you think that Kari should tell her brother that the baby is his daughter, Mary Jo's?
4. When a woman they don't like comes over, Faith, Audrey and Slip flash the woman. How do you feel about the flashing incident?
5. Define Faith's attitude, as the book opens.
6. Why does Patsy cover for Faith, when Faith is almost caught in a lie and what is the resulting conversation between Patsy and Faith?
7. Why does Audrey's ability upset Faith?
8. Friendship is set up as the main theme of the novel, in the prologue. What do you think are two qualities that make a good friend and why?
9. Why do you think that Eric beats Merit?
10. When Faith is nearly caught in a lie, Patsy covers for her. Do you think it was right for Patsy to cover for Faith?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)