|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the novel opens, one of the friends is doing what?
(a) Baking a cake.
(d) A puzzle.
2. Merit met her husband where?
3. Merit tells the story of her junior high what teacher who tried to rape her?
4. Audrey is convinced that her husband is doing what?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) Stealing from their friends.
(d) Drinking too much.
5. Slip is miserable from the heat, and upset over the resent death of Martin Luther King Jr. and whom?
(a) Slip's mother.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) John Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slip takes some lemonade, the book she is supposed to have finished already for the club meeting, and joins her daughter in what?
2. Kari invited the Angry Housewives over for what, the day after she got home with Julia?
3. At the next book club meeting, who do the women discuss?
4. What is Faith's husband's name?
5. The women are in whose house when they decide to start a book club?
Short Essay Questions
1. Faith and Slip see Audrey sunbathing topless next door. How do you feel about Audrey's antics.
2. Describe Kari's home life.
3. Do you think that Kari should tell her brother that the baby is his daughter, Mary Jo's?
4. Define Faith's attitude, as the book opens.
5. When a woman they don't like comes over, Faith, Audrey and Slip flash the woman. How do you feel about the flashing incident?
6. How do you feel about Slip's activist nature?
7. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
8. What affect does Merit's father's death have on Eric and what does that say about Eric's character?
9. What secrets are discussed in this section and what do they say about how the book will progress?
10. Do you think that Merit is strong or weak?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)