|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kari invited the Angry Housewives over for what, the day after she got home with Julia?
(a) To plan a birthday party for Wade.
(b) To plan a wedding ceremony.
(d) To review the latest book.
2. In the aftermath of Kent State, Slip joins a protest at what kind of local festival?
3. What is the book the women are discussing?
(a) Dr. Faustus.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
4. Audrey is sitting where, as she is wearing the uncomfortable wool?
(b) In a car.
(d) On a bus.
5. Merit met her husband where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kari travels to what city?
2. Merit's baby is what?
3. The argument over the book club is the first time Merit's husband has done what?
4. Merit's husband's name is what?
5. What does Audrey also tell Faith that she once predicted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Merit's relationship to her father?
2. Do the women in the story appear to be close, in the prologue?
3. Faith and Slip see Audrey sunbathing topless next door. How do you feel about Audrey's antics.
4. Why does Audrey's ability upset Faith?
5. Kari's baby, Julia, is biracial. How does that affect Kari and those around her?
6. Friendship is set up as the main theme of the novel, in the prologue. What do you think are two qualities that make a good friend and why?
7. Why do you think that Eric beats Merit?
8. How do you think that Merit should handle Eric's abuse?
9. Do you think that Kari should tell her brother that the baby is his daughter, Mary Jo's?
10. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)