|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At home, Slip learns her brother has been injured where?
2. During the opening scene, the ladies begin to do what?
(a) Reminisce about their past.
(b) Sing and dance.
3. As Faith watches the street, she sees a group of what she believes are teenagers come out of their houses and begin throwing what?
4. Audrey decides to loosen up the group by providing what?
(d) A male stripper.
5. Eric likes Merit to wear her hair how?
(a) French Roll.
(c) Pony Tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patsy uses an old derogatory phrase to refer to Julia's what?
2. Kari invited the Angry Housewives over for what, the day after she got home with Julia?
3. What is Audrey's husband's name?
4. Merit's father dies of what the day after calling Merit?
5. Faith is concerned because her daughter is more what than her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define Faith's attitude, as the book opens.
2. Why do you think that Eric beats Merit?
3. What affect does Merit's father's death have on Eric and what does that say about Eric's character?
4. What secrets are discussed in this section and what do they say about how the book will progress?
5. Why does Audrey's ability upset Faith?
6. Describe Audrey's unique gift that is discussed in this section.
7. Why does Patsy cover for Faith, when Faith is almost caught in a lie and what is the resulting conversation between Patsy and Faith?
8. In this section, Kari adopts her niece's baby girl. What are your views of adoption, in general?
9. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
10. Do the women in the story appear to be close, in the prologue?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)