|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merit met her husband where?
2. What is the book the women are discussing?
(a) Dr. Faustus.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
3. How are the ladies actually related?
(a) They are members of a gardening club.
(b) They are members of a stamp collecting club.
(c) They are members of a book club.
(d) They are members of a sewing circle.
4. Audrey decides to loosen up the group by providing what?
(d) A male stripper.
5. What is Slip's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. To rebel against Eric, where does Merit hides things?
2. When Faith finally puts the babies to bed, she settles on the couch to read a book only moments before what happens?
3. Audrey is convinced that her husband is doing what?
4. The women are in whose house when they decide to start a book club?
5. Audrey is having a more difficult time with this pregnancy than she had with her other how many?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it was right for Fred to enlist to go to Vietnam?
2. When Faith is nearly caught in a lie, Patsy covers for her. Do you think it was right for Patsy to cover for Faith?
3. Describe what the five friends are doing, as the book opens.
4. How does hiding things in her hair make Merit feel?
5. How do you think that Merit should handle Eric's abuse?
6. How does the book club come by its name?
7. Faith and Slip see Audrey sunbathing topless next door. How do you feel about Audrey's antics.
8. Why do you think that Eric beats Merit?
9. What secrets are discussed in this section and what do they say about how the book will progress?
10. Faith narrates the prologue. What is the significance of Faith's name, as it seems to relate to the book?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)