|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faith is concerned because her daughter is more what than her son?
2. At home, Slip learns her brother has been injured where?
3. Slip's daughter goes by what name?
4. In the aftermath of Kent State, Slip joins a protest at what kind of local festival?
5. What is Slip's brother's name?
6. In what location does the novel open?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A house.
7. Merit's husband is a what?
8. Faith tried to do what, but was overruled by Patsy?
(a) Invite everyone out to eat.
(b) Invite everyone to a movie.
(c) Cancel the book club meeting.
(d) Babysit Julia.
9. What is causing tension between Audrey and her husband?
(a) They are worried about the health of their unborn child.
(b) Lack of intimacy.
(c) Audrey being out of work.
(d) Audrey's husband being out of work.
10. Audrey's husband has what working relationship with Audrey's father?
(a) The father fired the husband.
(b) The father is the husband's boss.
(c) The husband is the father's boss.
(d) The husband and the father are partners.
11. Merit was attending what sort of school when she met her husband?
(a) Business school.
(b) Secretarial school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Medical school.
12. Merit's last name is what?
13. Merit's baby is what?
(a) A boy.
(b) A girl.
(c) Still born.
14. When Faith finally puts the babies to bed, she settles on the couch to read a book only moments before what happens?
(a) The house catches fire.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) There's a knock at the door.
(d) Her husband comes home.
15. What is the book the women are discussing?
(a) Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Dr. Faustus.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the person who enters the room mistakenly think the ladies know each other?
2. Eric likes Merit to wear her hair how?
3. Who enters the room and makes a mistake about the relationship between the ladies?
4. Faith has just moved to what state?
5. The novel follows the friends over the course of how many years?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)