Prologue: September 1998, Faith
• The novel follows five friends over the course of thirty years, through the trials and tribulations of marriage, motherhood, and everyday life.
• Together the women guide each other through the darkness to find the light of love and friendship at the end of the road.
• Five women are sitting around a hospital room. One is knitting, one is sleeping, and the others are either reading or daydreaming.
• When a nurse comes in to check the patient she mistakes the ladies for sisters despite their obvious physical differences.
• The women are members of a book club, they explain to the nurse.
Part One: 1968-1970, The Members
• Faith has just moved to Minnesota from Texas because her husband has taken a job based there.
• Faith's husband, Wade, is a pilot, which means Faith is often left alone with her twin babies, Beau and Bonnie.
• Across the street...
This section contains 4,461 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)