|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the big black dog that Oliver has for Susan's protection?
2. How long does Ollie stay away from his family after leaving Boise to attend St. Paul's in 1890?
(a) Twenty years
(b) 5 years
(c) three months
(d) Ten years
3. What does Lyman originally think of Shelley?
(a) That she is loud and brazen, completely different from his grandmother who was genteel and always dressed impeccably
(b) that she is attractive and fun
(c) that she is shy and boring
(d) that she will steal his story ideas and write her own book
4. How did Ollie almost lose his life in the canyon?
(a) He was bitten by a snake
(b) He slipped on a bridge and almost went into the swift, cold river
(c) He got lost in the plains
(d) He fell off his horse
5. Why does the author call this period a blissful time for his grandmother?
(a) She is falling in love with the mine supervisor
(b) Her career is growing; she has intelligent conversations with their visitors, and she is pregnant.
(c) She is back east with Augusta
(d) She is in a coma
Short Answer Questions
1. Rodman is concerned about his father living alone because
2. What does Frank tell Susan he misses the most?
3. Oliver has news for Susan when he returns to Santa Cruz - what is it?
4. What is Susan's first clue that her marriage may not be everything she has dreamed?
5. What is Oliver's mining job after Deadwood?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)