|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8, Chapter 1 | Book 8, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver look in the procession of people headed to the mine for inspection?
(a) Like an Indian
(b) Like an eastern gentleman
(c) Like a prince
(d) Out of place in his Colorado gear, while eveyrone else is dressed in splendor
2. What job offer does Oliver finally take?
(a) Accompanying John Wesley Powell in the Geographical Survey
(b) Hunting guide for Teddy Roosevelt
(c) Teacher in Boise
(d) Superintendent of the New Almaden Mine
3. What is Susan's main character trait in this chapter?
(a) Whining and indecisiveness
(b) Fear of change
(c) Submission and resignation
(d) Resolve, determination and strength in the face of criticism
4. After several years of waiting for financial backers, what happens to Frank and Wiley?
(a) They get other jobs
(b) They join the army
(c) They begin writing and illustrating
(d) They get married
5. What task has Oliver given to Susan while he is gone?
(a) To write to her family for money
(b) To buy some pots
(c) To find a house if he decides to take the job
(d) To spy on Emelita
Short Answer Questions
1. What criticism does Shelley offer about Lyman's writing?
2. Who is Shelley Rasmussen?
3. What is the age difference between Susan and Frank
4. What does Susan tell Augusta and Thomas that she has not told her husband yet?
5. Lyman is thinking about his wife in this chapter. What is her name?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)