|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8, Chapter 1 | Book 8, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has returned to the canyon to help with the new efforts on the irrigation scheme?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Elliott
(b) Frank, John, Wiley and the cook Wan
(c) Thomas Hudson, Frank, and Lizzie
(d) Don Gustavo, Emelito
2. What does Lyman consider to be the only intrusion to the routine of his days in Grass Valley?
(a) The highway noise
(b) Ada's nightly ministrations
(c) Shelley's arrival in the afternoons to work for him
(d) The ball games
3. Who is charged with the care of Pricey after his injury?
4. Why does Lyman Ward return to his family home?
(a) To escape from the present and explore his family's history for answers to his own life.
(b) To drink beer and watch television all day long.
(c) To serve as a marriage counselor to Ada.
(d) To start a relationship with Shelley Rasmussen.
5. Rodman is concerned about his father living alone because
(a) Rodman is romantically interested in Shelley
(b) Rodman is afraid Ada will steal Lyman's money
(c) Lyman is disabled and his caretakers are also elderly
(d) Rodman wants to live in Zodiac Cottage by himself
Short Answer Questions
1. When Susan returns home to Milton to spend the winter and get Ollie, what project does she begin?
2. Why does Lyman begin fictionalizing his grandparents' lives in a novel?
3. What observations does Shelley share with Lyman about his grandfather?
4. How does Susan deal with her frustration?
5. What does Oliver tell Susan about his manager at the mine?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)