|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8, Chapter 1 | Book 8, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual event occurred at New Almaden?
(a) Oliver had an affair
(b) Augusta came to see Susan
(c) Susan went down into the mine
(d) Susan opened a restaurant
2. Who is Ferd Ward?
(a) Oliver's sister
(b) Oliver's father
(c) Distant cousin to Oliver, a financial Wall Street wizard
(d) Oliver's grandfather
3. Why doesn't Ollie come with Susan to Leadville?
(a) Her parents have kidnapped him
(b) Augusta has asked to keep him
(c) He has taken ill and needs to recover
(d) He has refused to come see his father
4. What does Susan encourage Augusta and Thomas to do?
(a) Send her roses
(b) Buy shares in the irrigation project
(c) Send her more money
(d) Make a homestead claim in the canyon
5. What are the names of the Ward children?
(a) Rodman, Ollie and Susan
(b) Ollie, Nellie and Elliott
(c) Ollie, Betsy and Agnes
(d) Susan, Betsy and Bessie
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyman begin fictionalizing his grandparents' lives in a novel?
2. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Grass Valley?
3. How is this project funded?
4. Oliver is offered a mining job in another country - which one?
5. Who is Pricey?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)