|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 2 | Book 7, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Susan reflect upon as she and Oliver prepare to leave Mexico?
(a) Her last meeting with Augusta
(b) Her wedding night
(c) Her last conversation with Frank Sargeant when he confesses his love for her
(d) A childhood day of play
2. Who is Marian Prouse?
(a) Augusta's brother
(b) The genteel woman sent from Oliver's family in Connecticut to assist Susan in New Almaden with the new baby.
(c) Oliver's sister
(d) An author Susan admires
3. Lyman believes that his grandparents were
(a) Afraid to take chances.
(b) Boring and untalented.
(c) Wealthy and selfish.
(d) Tough, resilient, creative and enduring.
4. What was the weather like on the trip to New Almaden?
(a) pleasantly warm
(b) Icy and cold
(c) Hot and dusty
(d) Cool and breezy
5. Why was Thomas Hudson a frail and sickly man?
(a) He was a vegetarian
(b) He had been injured in the war.
(c) He abused alcohol
(d) He had cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
2. Why is the baby nicknamed Ollie?
3. Where do Susan and Oliver first meet?
4. Who is Frank Sargeant?
5. Where do the Wards go after New Almaden?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)