|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 2 | Book 7, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Oliver send the train fare for his wife and her maid?
(a) He gambled away the money
(b) He forgot
(c) He did not have the money to send
(d) He did send it, but it got lost in the mail
2. What is a recurring plot device used by the author?
(a) Several points of view
(d) Letters from Susan to Augusta and others which move the story along and let readers know what has happened.
3. What does Augusta ask Susan about Frank?
(a) If he can write for them
(b) If Susan is in love with him
(c) If he is a good horseman
(d) If he can draw
4. What religion is Susan Ward?
5. What does Susan encourage Oliver to do instead of moving their family to another country?
(a) Become a writer like her
(b) Continue trying to invent hydraulic cement
(c) Become a salesman for Sears
(d) Become a hotel manager
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Susan agree to marry Oliver?
2. Why is Oliver upset with Susan in this chapter?
3. Susan is distressed about leaving and encourages her husband to do what?
4. Why does Lyman begin fictionalizing his grandparents' lives in a novel?
5. What is the age difference between Susan and Frank
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)