|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 2 | Book 7, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What criticism does Shelley offer about Lyman's writing?
(a) He uses too many big words
(b) He is not descriptive enough about scenery
(c) It is not easy to read
(d) His love scenes between Oliver and Susan are not graphic enough
2. What does Susan tell Mrs. Elliott that shocks the older woman?
(a) Susan is going to buy the boardinghouse
(b) Susan is in love with another man
(c) Susan's income from writing and illustrating is the only money the Ward family has at the moment
(d) Susan and Oliver are Hindu
3. Who is Pricey?
(a) The gardener
(b) Oliver's clerk from England
(c) Susan's horse
(d) Susan's pet name for her wagon
4. How does Susan occupy her time while Oliver and the others are inspecting the mine?
(a) She takes long rides in the country
(b) She works on her illustrations and writing
(c) She assists Emelita in cleaning the house
(d) She watches television
5. When Lyman's mother dies, who takes responsibility for his education?
(a) Frank Sargeant
(b) The state of Colorado
(c) His grandmother, Susan Ward
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter highlights several of Oliver's traits - what are some of them?
2. What is the next mining job for Oliver?
3. What does Susan encourage Augusta and Thomas to do?
4. What is Lyman's fear?
5. Why is Susan upset with Oliver?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)