|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, Chapter 2 | Book 7, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lyman's father?
2. What happens to Ollie in this chapter?
(a) He has a birthday
(b) He is bitten by a rattlesnake
(c) He becomes ill again
(d) He gets a horse
3. Why was Thomas Hudson a frail and sickly man?
(a) He abused alcohol
(b) He had been injured in the war.
(c) He was a vegetarian
(d) He had cancer
4. What is the purpose of Oliver's visit to the Michoacan mine
(a) To buy property
(b) To locate a missing engineer
(c) To become a citizen of Mexico
(d) To determine whether reports of a rich vein of silver is true
5. Who is Emelita?
(a) Don Gustavo's pet dog
(b) Susan's sister
(c) Don Gustavo's sister-in-law and housekeeper
(d) Oliver's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the understanding between Oliver and Susan that develops during their five year correspondence?
2. What does Lyman consider to be the only intrusion to the routine of his days in Grass Valley?
3. There is trouble in Leadville with Oliver's claim. What has happened?
4. What are Susan's hopes about Thomas Hudson?
5. What is Susan's main character trait in this chapter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)