|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 7 | Book 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Susan and Oliver first meet?
(a) In an elevator
(b) At a high society party
(c) On a train headed west
(d) Inside a mine
2. What are Susan's hopes about Thomas Hudson?
(a) That he will ask her to marry him, or at least stay single so she, Thomas, and Augusta will be an eternal threesome.
(b) That he will purchase a horse for her
(c) That he will move west
(d) That he will buy her family's home so she can move the entire family west
3. What is the dream that Susan will lose if the cement is not successful?
(a) To buy a large diamond ring
(b) To buy the boardinghouse
(c) To take a cruise around the world
(d) Building a mansion in Santa Cruz that rivals Augusta's home in New York and a permanent home
4. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
(a) San Francisco, CA
(b) Milton, NY
(c) Houston, TX
(d) New Almaden, California
5. Rodman is concerned about his father living alone because
(a) Rodman wants to live in Zodiac Cottage by himself
(b) Rodman is afraid Ada will steal Lyman's money
(c) Rodman is romantically interested in Shelley
(d) Lyman is disabled and his caretakers are also elderly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rodman?
2. What does Susan tell Mrs. Elliott that shocks the older woman?
3. Oliver is offered a mining job in another country - which one?
4. What does Lyman consider to be the only intrusion to the routine of his days in Grass Valley?
5. Who meets her train when she arrives at her destination?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)