|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 7 | Book 4, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Grass Valley?
(a) Shelley's husband Larry
(b) Ada's ex-husband
(c) Mark Twain
(d) Susan Ward
2. Where do Susan and the baby go when he takes the job?
(b) Back to Milton, New York, to live with Susan's parents
(c) They stay in Santa Cruz with Mrs. Elliott
(d) with Oliver
3. Who is Marian Prouse?
(a) An author Susan admires
(b) Augusta's brother
(c) The genteel woman sent from Oliver's family in Connecticut to assist Susan in New Almaden with the new baby.
(d) Oliver's sister
4. Why does Susan find the advice confusing?
(a) Mrs. Elliott is recommending Susan make her husband happy, after Mrs. Elliott has endorsed womens rights.
(b) Susan is unable to understand the situation
(c) Susan has a hearing problem
(d) Susan does not speak Mrs. Elliott's language
5. How does Susan view Lizzie?
(a) A noisy, bothersome helpmate
(b) Stong, patient, resilient mother who has accepted her conditions well.
(c) A thief
(d) A competitor for Oliver's attention
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
2. What does Lyman originally think of Shelley?
3. This chapter highlights several of Oliver's traits - what are some of them?
4. Why does Oliver quit the New Almaden mine?
5. Where did Oliver live while he was waiting for his house to be finished?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)