|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6 | Book 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Susan deal with her frustration?
(a) She falls in love with the gardener
(b) She goes back east and divorces Oliver
(c) She spends her time reading and ignoring the household duties
(d) She begins a career as an illustrator for books and magazines
2. What is the name of the big black dog that Oliver has for Susan's protection?
3. What was the weather like on the trip to New Almaden?
(a) Icy and cold
(b) Hot and dusty
(c) pleasantly warm
(d) Cool and breezy
4. What is Susan's main character trait in this chapter?
(a) Whining and indecisiveness
(b) Submission and resignation
(c) Fear of change
(d) Resolve, determination and strength in the face of criticism
5. Where do Susan and Oliver first meet?
(a) On a train headed west
(b) In an elevator
(c) At a high society party
(d) Inside a mine
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author call this period a blissful time for his grandmother?
2. What is Susan's attitude towards Oliver during this time in New Almaden?
3. Why does Susan agree to marry Oliver?
4. How does the author use Shelley to expand the storyline?
5. Why does Oliver quit the New Almaden mine?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)