|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6 | Book 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Susan angry at Oliver?
(a) Because she wanted him to continue working there
(b) Because he turned down the severance pay
(c) Because he did not put the toilet seat down
(d) Because Oliver finishes his assignments for the company before departing.
2. How many years after their first meeting do Susan and Oliver wait to marry?
(a) 8 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 10 years
3. What is a good description of the Ward home?
(a) Wide veranda, clean and comfortable house
(b) Tumble down shack
(c) A section of a boardinghouse
(d) House trailer
4. This chapter highlights several of Oliver's traits - what are some of them?
(a) Greed and avarice
(b) Compassion for those less fortunate, decency,misplaced loyalty, principals, lack of good business judgement, more of a dreamer
(c) Ignorance and selfishness
(d) Snobbery and high handed behavior
5. What is the reason for the Wards' financial problems when Susan arrives?
(a) Oliver has lost his job
(b) The mine supervisor originally said the improvements to the Ward home would be paid for by the mine, then changed his mind
(c) Oliver has an opium habit
(d) Susan has spent too much money on her wardrobe
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lyman Ward return to his family home?
2. What does Oliver tell Susan about his manager at the mine?
3. What does Lyman originally think of Shelley?
4. Why is the baby nicknamed Ollie?
5. Why does Susan agree to marry Oliver?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)