|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 2 | Book 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like on the trip to New Almaden?
(a) Icy and cold
(b) Hot and dusty
(c) Cool and breezy
(d) pleasantly warm
2. Why didn't Oliver send the train fare for his wife and her maid?
(a) He did send it, but it got lost in the mail
(b) He did not have the money to send
(c) He forgot
(d) He gambled away the money
3. How does Susan deal with her frustration?
(a) She falls in love with the gardener
(b) She begins a career as an illustrator for books and magazines
(c) She spends her time reading and ignoring the household duties
(d) She goes back east and divorces Oliver
4. What is a good description of the Ward home?
(a) A section of a boardinghouse
(b) House trailer
(c) Tumble down shack
(d) Wide veranda, clean and comfortable house
5. How does the author use Shelley to expand the storyline?
(a) By reminding the reader of the difference between 1970's culture and society the way it was when Susan and Oliver were dating.
(b) By showing Shelley's thoughts about Lyman
(c) By creating a romance between Shelley & Lyman
(d) By having Shelley read parts of the book out loud to Lyman
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Augusta give Susan for disliking Oliver?
2. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
3. What is Susan's main character trait in this chapter?
4. What is the reason for the Wards' financial problems when Susan arrives?
5. What sad news does Augusta's first letter to Susan in New Almaden include?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)