|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 2 | Book 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Augusta give Susan for disliking Oliver?
(a) Because he did not graduate from Harvard
(b) Augusta is jealous of Susan's affections for Oliver, and believes Oliver is not good enough for Susan.
(c) Because he is illiterate
(d) Because he is not from a wealthy family.
2. Why does Lyman Ward return to his family home?
(a) To drink beer and watch television all day long.
(b) To start a relationship with Shelley Rasmussen.
(c) To serve as a marriage counselor to Ada.
(d) To escape from the present and explore his family's history for answers to his own life.
3. Lyman believes that his grandparents were
(a) Wealthy and selfish.
(b) Boring and untalented.
(c) Afraid to take chances.
(d) Tough, resilient, creative and enduring.
4. How does Susan deal with her frustration?
(a) She goes back east and divorces Oliver
(b) She spends her time reading and ignoring the household duties
(c) She begins a career as an illustrator for books and magazines
(d) She falls in love with the gardener
5. How does Susan view Lizzie?
(a) A competitor for Oliver's attention
(b) A noisy, bothersome helpmate
(c) Stong, patient, resilient mother who has accepted her conditions well.
(d) A thief
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lyman originally think of Shelley?
2. Where did Oliver live while he was waiting for his house to be finished?
3. Where do Susan and Oliver first meet?
4. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
5. What is Susan's main character trait in this chapter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)