|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 8, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Oliver live while he was waiting for his house to be finished?
(a) In a car
(b) With friends
(c) In a tent
(d) At Mother Fall's Boardinghouse
2. Who is Susan finally reunited with after Mexico?
(a) Mrs. Elliott
(b) Augusta and Thomas Hudson
(d) Frank Sargeant
3. What does Susan tell Augusta and Thomas that she has not told her husband yet?
(a) She has sold a book
(b) She is getting divorced
(c) She is carrying their second child
(d) She has sold his elk head
4. Why does Lyman resist Shelley's suggestions?
(a) He does not understand her meaning
(b) He is jealous of her writing abilities
(c) He is not writing for a modern reader, but as a way to find out more about himself through his family history.
(d) She does not express her suggestions well.
5. Who is charged with the care of Pricey after his injury?
Short Answer Questions
1. After several years of waiting for financial backers, what happens to Frank and Wiley?
2. Who has returned to the canyon to help with the new efforts on the irrigation scheme?
3. What does Susan encourage Augusta and Thomas to do?
4. What unusual event occurred at New Almaden?
5. What is the purpose of Oliver's visit to the Michoacan mine
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)