|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 2 | Book 5, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oliver look in the procession of people headed to the mine for inspection?
(a) Out of place in his Colorado gear, while eveyrone else is dressed in splendor
(b) Like an eastern gentleman
(c) Like an Indian
(d) Like a prince
2. What religion is Susan Ward?
3. Who is Don Gustavo?
(a) The name of the town
(b) The host for the Ward visit, and a principal in the mine where Oliver is considering being employed
(c) Emelita's husband
(d) The name of the horse Susan rides in Mexico
4. Why does Oliver quit the New Almaden mine?
(a) He has found another job
(b) He realizes he cannot do the job satisfactorily
(c) He was turned down for a promotion
(d) Because he is ordered to tear down a fired man's house, and he refuses to do so.
5. How did Lyman first hear of Susan and Oliver's time in Mexico?
(a) He read it in a letter from Susan to Augusta
(b) It was in a newspaper clipping
(c) His mother told him
(d) He was doing a school project about Mexico and his grandmother told him the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good description of the Ward home?
2. Where is Oliver's next mining job?
3. What is the name of the big black dog that Oliver has for Susan's protection?
4. What criticism does Shelley offer about Lyman's writing?
5. Why is Al Sutton important to this story?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)