|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 2 | Book 5, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Oliver's visit to the Michoacan mine
(a) To buy property
(b) To locate a missing engineer
(c) To become a citizen of Mexico
(d) To determine whether reports of a rich vein of silver is true
2. What is the name of the big black dog that Oliver has for Susan's protection?
3. What criticism does Shelley offer about Lyman's writing?
(a) His love scenes between Oliver and Susan are not graphic enough
(b) It is not easy to read
(c) He is not descriptive enough about scenery
(d) He uses too many big words
4. Where do Susan and the baby go when he takes the job?
(b) They stay in Santa Cruz with Mrs. Elliott
(c) with Oliver
(d) Back to Milton, New York, to live with Susan's parents
5. Where is Oliver's next mining job?
(a) Santa Cruz
(c) Deadwood in the Black Hills of the Dakotas
(d) New Almaden
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter highlights several of Oliver's traits - what are some of them?
2. What is a good description of the Ward home?
3. Why is Susan angry at Oliver?
4. Why does Oliver quit the New Almaden mine?
5. What is the bad news her mother tells her on the first day home?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)