|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, Chapter 2 | Book 5, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Susan's overall impression of the mine workers?
(a) They did not know what they were doing
(b) They were ignorant and mean
(c) They were happy and tanned
(d) They appeared to be in a cruel and harsh environment, like a prison
2. Why is Al Sutton important to this story?
(a) He provides comic relief and helps to flesh out the character of Lyman, son of the richest family in town.
(b) He is Shelley's husband
(c) He caused Lyman to lose his leg
(d) He saved Lyman's life
3. What is the name of the big black dog that Oliver has for Susan's protection?
4. What does the conversation between Lyman and Shelley become after the writing suggestions?
(a) An argument about what to have for dinner
(b) The beginning of an affair between Lyman and Shelley
(c) A conversation about television
(d) A conversation about the difference of victorian era sexual attitudes and those of 1970 hippies.
5. What is the bad news her mother tells her on the first day home?
(a) Augusta has passed away
(b) Thomas is severely ill
(c) Her sister Bessie is ill
(d) Her mother is expecting a baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like on the trip to New Almaden?
2. What unusual event occurred at New Almaden?
3. Why does Lyman resist Shelley's suggestions?
4. What religion is Susan Ward?
5. Where is Susan and Oliver's first home?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)