|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7, Chapter 6 | Book 7, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job offer does Oliver finally take?
(a) Accompanying John Wesley Powell in the Geographical Survey
(b) Superintendent of the New Almaden Mine
(c) Teacher in Boise
(d) Hunting guide for Teddy Roosevelt
2. Who does Susan kiss in error upon her and Ollie's arrival in Leadville?
(a) Mrs. Elliott
(b) Mr. King
(c) Frank Sargeant
3. Where do the Wards go after New Almaden?
(a) Milton, New York
(b) New York City, New York
(c) Santa Cruz, California, to live at Mrs. Elliott's boarding house while Oliver looks for another job
(d) San Francisco
4. What happens to Ollie in this chapter?
(a) He gets a horse
(b) He becomes ill again
(c) He is bitten by a rattlesnake
(d) He has a birthday
5. As the irrigation project becomes less and less of a reality, Susan writes and illustrates more. What does Oliver do to relieve his frustration?
(a) Builds another house
(b) Finds another woman
(c) Learns another language
(d) Drinks heavily
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyman is thinking about his wife in this chapter. What is her name?
2. What does Susan encourage Oliver to do instead of moving their family to another country?
3. How does Lyman's wife tell him she is leaving him for his surgeon?
4. Oliver is offered a mining job in another country - which one?
5. Why is progress stopped in the Argentina mine?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)