|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7, Chapter 6 | Book 7, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job offer does Oliver finally take?
(a) Hunting guide for Teddy Roosevelt
(b) Teacher in Boise
(c) Superintendent of the New Almaden Mine
(d) Accompanying John Wesley Powell in the Geographical Survey
2. What happens to Ollie in this chapter?
(a) He is bitten by a rattlesnake
(b) He has a birthday
(c) He becomes ill again
(d) He gets a horse
3. Why is progress stopped in the Argentina mine?
(a) It has been moved to Denver
(b) There is nothing to mine there
(c) Ownership has been questioned and it is tied up in litigation.
(d) An explosion closed the mine
4. As the irrigation project becomes less and less of a reality, Susan writes and illustrates more. What does Oliver do to relieve his frustration?
(a) Drinks heavily
(b) Builds another house
(c) Learns another language
(d) Finds another woman
5. Lyman is thinking about his wife in this chapter. What is her name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes an unexpected appearance in Grass Valley?
2. There is trouble in Leadville with Oliver's claim. What has happened?
3. What observations does Shelley share with Lyman about his grandfather?
4. What does Susan ask of Oliver that he cannot give her?
5. Oliver is offered a mining job in another country - which one?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)