|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
(a) A new harvest will grow
(b) The Troubles will come
(c) Christ will return to Earth
(d) The ozone layer will heal itself
2. Where is Hannah in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Mormon Visitor's Center
(b) The Mariott Marquis
(c) Joe's apartment
(d) Grand Central Station
3. To what philosopher does Louis compare his world-view when speaking to Rabbi Chemelwitz?
4. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Mr. Lies
5. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Additional staff
(b) White scrubs
(c) Extra clipboards
(d) Roy's file
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the plague that killed Prior 2 originate?
2. Which of the following is not an historical figure Roy considers a father figure?
3. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
4. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
5. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis use an explanation of smell in Act 1, Scene 6, as a sexual come-on?
2. Why does Joe punch Louis in Act 4, Scene 8?
3. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
4. Why is Hannah lost in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. Why does Belize want Louis to say Kaddish over Roy's body?
6. How does Louis' liaison with the Man in the Park end?
7. What bad news does Prior deliver to Louis the day of Sarah Ironson's funeral?
8. What does Louis say to Joe to upset him in Act 3, Scene 4?
9. Why does Harper not want to stay in heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
10. Describe Joe's interpretation of Jacob and the Angel.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)