|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
(a) The ozone layer will heal itself
(b) Christ will return to Earth
(c) A new harvest will grow
(d) The Troubles will come
2. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Red wine
(b) Hot cocoa
(c) Holy water
(d) Black coffee
3. Whom does Louis imply is gay in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Ron Reagan, Jr.
(b) Rock Hudson
(c) Ed Koch
(d) Vice President Bush
4. Why does Prior not tell Louis about his first lesion immediately?
(a) He wanted to get a second opinion from a doctor
(b) He was denying it to himself
(c) He doesn't want to worry Louis
(d) He fears Louis will leave him
5. Like what does the snow of Harper's metaphysical Antarctica in Act 3, Scene 3 smell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
2. According to Rabbi Chemelwitz, what do Jews believe in concerning sin?
3. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
4. Which of the following is not a symptom that Prior lists off to Louis in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Prior tell the Continental Principalities regarding human progress in Act 5, Scene 5?
2. How does Mr. Lies explain Harper Pitt's ill sense of ease?
3. How does Louis end up in Prior's bedroom in Act 3, Scene 6?
4. What is Hannah's principal concern in talking to Sister Ella Chapter in Act 2, Scene 10?
5. What diagnosis does Roy demand of his doctor in Act 1, Scene 9, and why?
6. Describe the setting of the Epilogue.
7. What offer does Roy Cohn make Joe Pitt in Act 1; Scene 2?
8. What message does Sarah Ironson give Prior Walter Act 5, Scene 6?
9. What does Roy have to say about a father's love in Act 2, Scene 4?
10. Why is Hannah lost in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)