|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Chippendale furniture
(b) Tropical fruit
(d) Whale oil
2. According to Louis in Act 2, Scene 7, what do you have to be willing to do even if you are scared?
(a) Abandon what hurts you
(c) Follow your heart
(d) Break the law
3. Which of the following is not an ingredient Belize suspects was used in the production of the salve he brings to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Jergens lotion
(c) Cheap perfume
(d) Kiwi fruit
4. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
(b) Rosemary's Baby
(c) The Omen
(d) The Exorcist
5. Why is Harper confused by seeing Prior in her hallucination?
(a) She rarely sees drag queens
(b) She never has visitors in her hallucinations
(c) She did not think she took that much Valium
(d) She has never met him
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
2. According to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5, how long has he been in the hospital?
3. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. In what room of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals does Act 1; Scene 6 take place?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Prior's reaction to Belize's gift in Act 5, Scene 8?
2. How do Prior and Hannah meet the second time?
3. Why does Joe punch Louis in Act 4, Scene 8?
4. Describe the interchange between Henry and Belize in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Why does Harper not want to stay in heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
6. To what understanding concerning beliefs do Hannah and Prior come in Act 4, Scene 6?
7. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
8. What does Belize warn Roy about regarding his AZT?
9. What information about Joe does Belize tell Louis in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. What is the Angel's official edict, and why does she want it delivered to Earth?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)