|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
(a) He becomes paralyzed
(b) He sweats profusely
(c) He pisses himself
(d) He gets an erection
2. To what does Harper joke she will give birth in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A pill
(b) A homo
(c) A puppy
3. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Jacob and Isaac
(b) The story of Jacob and the Angel
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Saul's conversion
4. According to Prior's rant in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7, the Recording Angel snaps the spine of what book?
(a) The Book of Life
(b) The Book of Days
(c) The Book of Heaven
(d) The Book of the Dead
5. Why is Harper confused by seeing Prior in her hallucination?
(a) She rarely sees drag queens
(b) She has never met him
(c) She never has visitors in her hallucinations
(d) She did not think she took that much Valium
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Joe, does he not want to have sex with Harper most days?
2. Why does Prior not tell Louis about his first lesion immediately?
3. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
4. Where has Harper been the whole time she thought she was in Antarctica?
5. How many hot dogs is Joe eating when Louis sits with him in Act 2, Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Roy's response to Belize in Act 1, Scene 5.
2. What offer does Roy Cohn make Joe Pitt in Act 1; Scene 2?
3. What is Louis' point about fear in America at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. How does Harper come to realize she is not in the Antarctic in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What revelation of Roy's past shocks Joe in Act 3, Scene 6?
6. Describe the setting of the Epilogue.
7. How does Roy react to Joe's admission that he is staying with a man in Act 4, Scene 1?
8. To what understanding concerning beliefs do Hannah and Prior come in Act 4, Scene 6?
9. How do Prior and Hannah meet the second time?
10. How do people change, according to the Mormon Mother?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)