|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the apartment where Hannah arrives?
(d) The Bronx
2. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
(a) The Troubles will come
(b) A new harvest will grow
(c) The ozone layer will heal itself
(d) Christ will return to Earth
3. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Mr. Lies
4. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
(b) Accepting responsibility
5. Which of the following is not a symptom that Prior lists off to Louis in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) New lesions
(b) Protein in urine
(c) Defecating blood
(d) Blacking out
Short Answer Questions
1. To what film director's work does Prior compare his room in Act 3, Scene 7?
2. What is the identity of Harper's Eskimo?
3. Where has Harper been the whole time she thought she was in Antarctica?
4. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
5. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harper long for the end of days?
2. What message does Sarah Ironson give Prior Walter Act 5, Scene 6?
3. How does Hannah Pitt react to Joe's late night call to her?
4. How does Harper come to realize she is not in the Antarctic in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Describe the interchange between Henry and Belize in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. Describe Harper in Act 5, Scene 9.
7. Why does Harper not want to stay in heaven in Act 5, Scene 2?
8. How does Louis end up in Prior's bedroom in Act 3, Scene 6?
9. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
10. How does Belize secure some of Roy's AZT in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)