|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He think he loves a man
(b) Harper is missing
(c) His mother is in New York
(d) He has a bleeding ulcer
2. According to Prior's rant in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7, the Recording Angel snaps the spine of what book?
(a) The Book of Heaven
(b) The Book of Life
(c) The Book of Days
(d) The Book of the Dead
3. Why, according to Joe, does he not want to have sex with Harper most days?
(a) She is ugly when high
(b) He does not love her anymore
(c) He is tired from work
(d) She makes him feel small
4. In Act 2, Scene 7, Joe wonders aloud if who ever loved him?
(a) Hannah Pitt
(d) His father
5. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
(a) Her unfriendliness
(b) Her unpresupposing manner
(c) Her style fo dress
(d) Her quietness
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Louis imply is gay in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
3. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
4. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
5. From what organization is the latter that Roy gives Joe in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belize secure some of Roy's AZT in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Prior determine about Louis in Act 2, Scene 9?
3. What request does Prior make of Louis at the end of their pained meeting in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. How does Roy react to Joe's admission that he is staying with a man in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. How does Prior respond to the approach of the Angel in Act 3, Scene 7?
6. How does Mr. Lies explain Harper Pitt's ill sense of ease?
7. Why is Joe Pitt confused by Louis' invitation to come home with him?
8. What does Belize warn Roy about regarding his AZT?
9. What is Prior's reaction to Belize's gift in Act 5, Scene 8?
10. How does Harper come to realize she is not in the Antarctic in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)