|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the paperback novel that Belize quotes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) In Love with the Night Mysterious
(b) Silence of Ragged Plains
(c) Cold Hands of the Morning
(d) Love's Breath in the Wind
2. From where did the plague that killed Prior 2 originate?
(c) Water pump
3. To what philosopher does Louis compare his world-view when speaking to Rabbi Chemelwitz?
4. What do homosexuals lack, according to Roy?
(c) A history
5. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
(a) 5 million dollars
(b) 1 million dollars
(c) 500,000 dollars
(d) An undisclosed amount
Short Answer Questions
1. From what dead figure does Ethel Rosenberg send a "hello" in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
3. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis use an explanation of smell in Act 1, Scene 6, as a sexual come-on?
2. What desperate question does Louis Ironson ask Rabbi Chemelwitz?
3. Describe Harper in Act 5, Scene 9.
4. How does Hannah Pitt react to Joe's late night call to her?
5. How do Prior and Hannah meet the second time?
6. What do Prior and his two ancestral visitors in the beginning of Act 3 have in common besides a name?
7. What does Prior tell the Continental Principalities regarding human progress in Act 5, Scene 5?
8. What offer does Roy Cohn make Joe Pitt in Act 1; Scene 2?
9. What is Prior's reaction to Belize's gift in Act 5, Scene 8?
10. What diagnosis does Roy demand of his doctor in Act 1, Scene 9, and why?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)