|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Prior's rant in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7, the Recording Angel snaps the spine of what book?
(a) The Book of the Dead
(b) The Book of Heaven
(c) The Book of Days
(d) The Book of Life
2. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
(a) The Reagan Revolution
(b) The Alger Hiss case
(c) The Army-McCarthy hearings
(d) The Rosenberg execution
3. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Leave him
(b) Touch him
(c) Call the hospital
(d) Freak out
4. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They are both afraid
(b) They are both terrible people
(c) They both need someone
(d) They both love the night
5. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
(a) John Reed
(b) Joe Hill
(c) Leon Trotsky
(d) Emma Goldman
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harper bring with her when she enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
3. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
4. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
5. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revelation of Roy's past shocks Joe in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. Describe Joe's interpretation of Jacob and the Angel.
3. How does Louis end up in Prior's bedroom in Act 3, Scene 6?
4. What offer does Roy Cohn make Joe Pitt in Act 1; Scene 2?
5. Why does Joe punch Louis in Act 4, Scene 8?
6. What is Louis' point about fear in America at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
7. Why does Prior wrestle the Angel in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. Describe Roy's response to Belize in Act 1, Scene 5.
9. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
10. What information about Joe does Belize tell Louis in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)