|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following qualities does Roy says he does not possess in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. According to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5, how long has he been in the hospital?
(a) He does not remember
(b) 2 days
(c) An eternity
(d) A week and and a half
3. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) The raising of Lazarus
(b) Saul on the road to Taursus
(c) David and Bathsheba
(d) Jacob wrestling the Angel
4. How many hot dogs is Joe eating when Louis sits with him in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Of whom does Ed Meese remind Martin Heller?
(a) Earl Warren
(b) John Haldemann
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) Alexander Hamilton
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
2. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
3. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
4. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is the title of the paperback novel that Belize quotes in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What diagnosis does Roy demand of his doctor in Act 1, Scene 9, and why?
2. Which of Louis' assertions particularly offends Belize in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. How does Hannah Pitt react to Joe's late night call to her?
4. What does Roy have to say about a father's love in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. How has Prior Walter's illness progressed over the course of Angels in America?
6. What does Prior determine about Louis in Act 2, Scene 9?
7. Why does Prior wrestle the Angel in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. How does Louis' liaison with the Man in the Park end?
9. What do Prior and his two ancestral visitors in the beginning of Act 3 have in common besides a name?
10. What final pearls of wisdom does Roy provide to Joe in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)