|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aleksii in Act 1, Scene 1, what must the human race have in order to move forward?
(a) Desire for Change
2. What does Joe Pitt say he has to do before accepting a job with the Justice Department?
(a) Pray about it
(b) Ask his wife
(c) Sublet his apartment
(d) Quit his current job
3. What addition to the Antarctica of Act 3, Scene 3 confuses Mr. Lies?
(a) An Eskimo
(b) A pizza
(c) A deer
(d) A taxi
4. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They are both afraid
(b) They both love the night
(c) They both need someone
(d) They are both terrible people
5. What does Louis worry aloud will happen to Joe if he touches him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) They will both die
(b) His hand will fall off
(c) He will see Louis's iniquity
(d) He will fall in love with Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Which of the following is not a symptom that Prior lists off to Louis in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. What does Harper bring with her when she enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
5. What is the title of the paperback novel that Belize quotes in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hannah's principal concern in talking to Sister Ella Chapter in Act 2, Scene 10?
2. What does Louis say to Joe to upset him in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
4. Why does Harper long for the end of days?
5. Describe the interchange between Henry and Belize in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. What happens to Prior in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. To what understanding concerning beliefs do Hannah and Prior come in Act 4, Scene 6?
8. What is Prior's reaction to Belize's gift in Act 5, Scene 8?
9. Describe Harper in Act 5, Scene 9.
10. How do Harper and Prior meet?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)