|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Louis compare the gash on his forehead?
(a) The stigmata
(b) The mark of Cain
(c) The scarlet letter
(d) An Ash Wednesday marking
2. in what famous English record is one of Prior Walter's ancestors featured?
(a) The Bayeux Tapestry
(b) The Domesday Book
(c) Bede's Ecclesiastical History
(d) Hobein's Ambassadors
3. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Harper is missing
(b) His mother is in New York
(c) He has a bleeding ulcer
(d) He think he loves a man
4. Why, according to Joe, does he not want to have sex with Harper most days?
(a) She is ugly when high
(b) She makes him feel small
(c) He is tired from work
(d) He does not love her anymore
5. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
(a) Being gay
(b) Staying out late at night
(c) Leaving Salt Lake City
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals does Act 1; Scene 6 take place?
2. What does Louis worry aloud will happen to Joe if he touches him in Act 3, Scene 7?
3. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
4. According to Prior's rant in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7, the Recording Angel snaps the spine of what book?
5. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Roy Cohn play on Ethel Rosenberg at the end of Act 4?
2. What does Louis say to Joe to upset him in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. How do people change, according to the Mormon Mother?
4. Why does Joe punch Louis in Act 4, Scene 8?
5. How does Louis' liaison with the Man in the Park end?
6. What offer does Roy Cohn make Joe Pitt in Act 1; Scene 2?
7. Why is Hannah lost in Act 3, Scene 4?
8. Describe the interchange between Henry and Belize in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. What diagnosis does Roy demand of his doctor in Act 1, Scene 9, and why?
10. How do Prior and Harper meet for the first time in the real world?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)