|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what film director's work does Prior compare his room in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Steven Spielberg
(b) Martin Scorsese
(c) Piero Paolo Passolini
(d) Luis Bunuel
2. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To sell the house
(b) To borrow her car
(c) To help her pack
(d) To have lunch
3. To what does Harper joke she will give birth in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A pill
(b) A puppy
(c) A homo
4. Of whom does Ed Meese remind Martin Heller?
(a) Earl Warren
(b) Alexander Hamilton
(c) Teddy Roosevelt
(d) John Haldemann
5. How long did Hannah Pitt wait for Joe to pick her up at the airport?
(a) Five hours
(b) Two and a half hours
(c) Three and three quarters hours
(d) Four and a quarter hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
2. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
3. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
4. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
5. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trick does Roy Cohn play on Ethel Rosenberg at the end of Act 4?
2. To what understanding concerning beliefs do Hannah and Prior come in Act 4, Scene 6?
3. What message does Sarah Ironson give Prior Walter Act 5, Scene 6?
4. Describe Roy in Act 3, Scene 5.
5. What bad news does Prior deliver to Louis the day of Sarah Ironson's funeral?
6. How do Prior and Harper meet for the first time in the real world?
7. What is Louis' point about fear in America at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
8. Why does Harper long for the end of days?
9. What are Joe and Harper's secrets in Act 1, Scene 8?
10. What is the Angel's official edict, and why does she want it delivered to Earth?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)