|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Red wine
(b) Hot cocoa
(c) Black coffee
(d) Holy water
2. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
(a) He pisses himself
(b) He sweats profusely
(c) He becomes paralyzed
(d) He gets an erection
3. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(b) Represent him in divorce proceedings
(c) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
(d) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
4. According to Aleksii in Act 1, Scene 1, what must the human race have in order to move forward?
(b) Desire for Change
5. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man has a partner at home
(b) The Man is homeless
(c) The Man lives with his parents
(d) The Man does not trust Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following qualities does Roy says he does not possess in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
3. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
4. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
5. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martin Heller say is the result of loading the federal courts with conservative judges?
2. Which of Louis' assertions particularly offends Belize in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What trick does Roy Cohn play on Ethel Rosenberg at the end of Act 4?
4. What does Prior tell the Continental Principalities regarding human progress in Act 5, Scene 5?
5. Why is Joe Pitt confused by Louis' invitation to come home with him?
6. How does Louis end up in Prior's bedroom in Act 3, Scene 6?
7. Where is Roy the last time we see him in the play?
8. Describe Joe's interpretation of Jacob and the Angel.
9. What call does Hannah receive as soon as she arrives at Joe's apartment?
10. What bad news does Prior deliver to Louis the day of Sarah Ironson's funeral?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)