|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Belize call as soon as he realize Roy Cohn has been admitted?
(c) His mother
(d) His partner
2. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) The raising of Lazarus
(b) Saul on the road to Taursus
(c) David and Bathsheba
(d) Jacob wrestling the Angel
3. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
(b) Salt Lake City
(d) New York
4. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) A wooden stake
(c) A crucifix
(d) A mirror
5. Of whom does Ed Meese remind Martin Heller?
(a) John Haldemann
(b) Alexander Hamilton
(c) Earl Warren
(d) Teddy Roosevelt
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. In Prior's drag dream, at what age does he fear he will die?
3. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
4. What does Harper threaten to do if Joe walks out on her in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexii Antedilluvianovich Prelapsarianov compare the Theory of the Bolshevik Revolution with the Theory of the present?
2. Describe Prior's appearance in Act 2.
3. How does Harper come to realize she is not in the Antarctic in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, why does Belize fear that Prior is losing his mind?
5. What desperate question does Louis Ironson ask Rabbi Chemelwitz?
6. What is Louis' point about fear in America at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
7. What is the Angel's official edict, and why does she want it delivered to Earth?
8. Describe Harper in Act 5, Scene 9.
9. What request does Prior make of Louis at the end of their pained meeting in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What does Martin Heller say is the result of loading the federal courts with conservative judges?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)