|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following qualities does Roy says he does not possess in Act 3, Scene 5?
2. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
(a) John Reed
(b) Emma Goldman
(c) Joe Hill
(d) Leon Trotsky
3. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
(a) The Alger Hiss case
(b) The Reagan Revolution
(c) The Army-McCarthy hearings
(d) The Rosenberg execution
4. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Tropical fruit
(b) Chippendale furniture
(d) Whale oil
5. For what Broadway musical does Roy Cohn get tickets for Mrs. Hollins?
(b) Le Cage aux Folles
(c) A Little Night Music
(d) Les Miserables
6. To what destination does the Homeless Woman give Hannah directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Prospect Park
(b) The Mormon Visitor's Center
(c) St. Patrick's Cathedral
(d) The Grand Concourse
7. What does Harper bring with her when she enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A fishing spear
(b) A polar bear
(c) A pine tree
(d) An oboe
8. From what organization is the latter that Roy gives Joe in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The Better Business Bureau
(b) The National Bar Association
(c) The Department of Justice
(d) The FBI
9. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Saul's conversion
(b) The story of Jacob and Isaac
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and the Angel
10. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
11. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(b) Saul on the road to Taursus
(c) David and Bathsheba
(d) The raising of Lazarus
12. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her abusive father
(b) Her loneliness
(c) Her never having a job
(d) Her addictive personality
13. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
(b) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(c) Represent him in divorce proceedings
(d) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
14. What revelation does Prior make to Harper in their shared dream state?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) The world is ending
(c) She will ahve to go to Washington
(d) Her husband is gay
15. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
(a) Salt Lake City
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
2. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
3. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
4. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
5. Where has Harper been the whole time she thought she was in Antarctica?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)