|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to be Prior Walter's role, according to his ancestors in Act 3, Scene1?
2. Where is Hannah in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Grand Central Station
(b) The Mormon Visitor's Center
(c) Joe's apartment
(d) The Mariott Marquis
3. From what dead figure does Ethel Rosenberg send a "hello" in Act 3, Scene 5?
(b) Her husband
(c) Joseph Welch
(d) Whitaker Chambers
4. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) On the floor
(b) In the bath tub
(c) In the bed
(d) On the sofa
5. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) David and Bathsheba
(b) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(c) Saul on the road to Taursus
(d) The raising of Lazarus
6. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
7. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Represent him in divorce proceedings
(b) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
(c) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(d) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
8. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He think he loves a man
(b) Harper is missing
(c) He has a bleeding ulcer
(d) His mother is in New York
9. Like what does the snow of Harper's metaphysical Antarctica in Act 3, Scene 3 smell?
10. According to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5, how long has he been in the hospital?
(a) An eternity
(b) 2 days
(c) A week and and a half
(d) He does not remember
11. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) Mr. Lies
12. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They are both afraid
(b) They both need someone
(c) They are both terrible people
(d) They both love the night
13. In Act 2, Scene 7, Joe wonders aloud if who ever loved him?
(a) His father
(c) Hannah Pitt
14. Why does Prior not tell Louis about his first lesion immediately?
(a) He fears Louis will leave him
(b) He doesn't want to worry Louis
(c) He was denying it to himself
(d) He wanted to get a second opinion from a doctor
15. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
(a) He will not say
(b) He did not vote
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
3. In what room of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals does Act 1; Scene 6 take place?
4. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)