|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harper confused by seeing Prior in her hallucination?
(a) She rarely sees drag queens
(b) She did not think she took that much Valium
(c) She has never met him
(d) She never has visitors in her hallucinations
2. What does Louis worry aloud will happen to Joe if he touches him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) He will fall in love with Louis
(b) He will see Louis's iniquity
(c) His hand will fall off
(d) They will both die
3. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Ronald Reagan
(b) Alexander Haig
(c) Nancy Reagan
(d) Ed Meese
4. To what film director's work does Prior compare his room in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Martin Scorsese
(b) Luis Bunuel
(c) Steven Spielberg
(d) Piero Paolo Passolini
5. For what Broadway musical does Roy Cohn get tickets for Mrs. Hollins?
(a) A Little Night Music
(b) Les Miserables
(d) Le Cage aux Folles
6. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Saul's conversion
(b) The story of Jacob and Isaac
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and the Angel
7. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
(a) Christ will return to Earth
(b) The ozone layer will heal itself
(c) A new harvest will grow
(d) The Troubles will come
8. Who does Belize call as soon as he realize Roy Cohn has been admitted?
(b) His mother
(c) His partner
9. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) A crucifix
(c) A mirror
(d) A wooden stake
10. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man lives with his parents
(b) The Man does not trust Louis
(c) The Man has a partner at home
(d) The Man is homeless
11. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They are both terrible people
(b) They both love the night
(c) They are both afraid
(d) They both need someone
12. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her loneliness
(b) Her abusive father
(c) Her never having a job
(d) Her addictive personality
13. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
(a) Her quietness
(b) Her unpresupposing manner
(c) Her unfriendliness
(d) Her style fo dress
14. To what philosopher does Louis compare his world-view when speaking to Rabbi Chemelwitz?
15. To what does Louis compare the gash on his forehead?
(a) An Ash Wednesday marking
(b) The stigmata
(c) The mark of Cain
(d) The scarlet letter
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the pay phone that Joe uses to call his mother in Act 2, Scene 8?
2. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
3. Which of the following names does Rabbi Chemelwitz accuse of being goyish?
4. Why does Prior not tell Louis about his first lesion immediately?
5. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)