|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
2. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) A crucifix
(c) A mirror
(d) A wooden stake
3. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
(a) Leon Trotsky
(b) Emma Goldman
(c) Joe Hill
(d) John Reed
4. How many bastards have crept into the Prior Walter bloodline, according to Prior 1?
5. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To borrow her car
(b) To help her pack
(c) To sell the house
(d) To have lunch
6. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
(a) Christ will return to Earth
(b) A new harvest will grow
(c) The ozone layer will heal itself
(d) The Troubles will come
7. What does Louis worry aloud will happen to Joe if he touches him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) He will see Louis's iniquity
(b) He will fall in love with Louis
(c) His hand will fall off
(d) They will both die
8. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
(d) Accepting responsibility
9. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Alexander Haig
(b) Nancy Reagan
(c) Ronald Reagan
(d) Ed Meese
10. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) On the floor
(b) In the bed
(c) In the bath tub
(d) On the sofa
11. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
(a) He'll be back soon
(b) He had to go
(c) Get better
(d) He love him
12. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(b) The raising of Lazarus
(c) David and Bathsheba
(d) Saul on the road to Taursus
13. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They both need someone
(b) They are both afraid
(c) They are both terrible people
(d) They both love the night
14. Which of the following is not an ingredient Belize suspects was used in the production of the salve he brings to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Cheap perfume
(c) Kiwi fruit
(d) Jergens lotion
15. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Saul's conversion
(b) The story of Jacob and the Angel
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and Isaac
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is the title of the paperback novel that Belize quotes in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Harper bring with her when she enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Harper threaten to do if Joe walks out on her in Act 1, Scene 8?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)