|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
(a) He did not vote
(b) He will not say
2. Why is Harper confused by seeing Prior in her hallucination?
(a) She has never met him
(b) She did not think she took that much Valium
(c) She rarely sees drag queens
(d) She never has visitors in her hallucinations
3. From what dead figure does Ethel Rosenberg send a "hello" in Act 3, Scene 5?
(b) Her husband
(c) Joseph Welch
(d) Whitaker Chambers
4. What is the identity of Harper's Eskimo?
(c) Mr. Lies
5. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
6. Where does Harper think she heard the man with the knife in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) On the fire escape
(b) In the closet
(c) In the shower
(d) In bed
7. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
(a) The Alger Hiss case
(b) The Army-McCarthy hearings
(c) The Reagan Revolution
(d) The Rosenberg execution
8. In what room of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals does Act 1; Scene 6 take place?
(a) The clerical pool
(b) The bathroom
(c) The central court
(d) The cafeteria
9. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Calling her "lady"
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(d) Calling so late
10. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Saul's conversion
(b) The story of Jacob and Isaac
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and the Angel
11. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Touch him
(b) Call the hospital
(c) Leave him
(d) Freak out
12. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
(b) Accepting responsibility
13. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Nancy Reagan
(b) Ed Meese
(c) Ronald Reagan
(d) Alexander Haig
14. To what does Louis compare the gash on his forehead?
(a) An Ash Wednesday marking
(b) The scarlet letter
(c) The stigmata
(d) The mark of Cain
15. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
(a) The Omen
(b) The Exorcist
(d) Rosemary's Baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
2. What do homosexuals lack, according to Roy?
3. What does Harper threaten to do if Joe walks out on her in Act 1, Scene 8?
4. How many hot dogs is Joe eating when Louis sits with him in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)