|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Extra clipboards
(b) Roy's file
(c) Additional staff
(d) White scrubs
2. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
(a) The Alger Hiss case
(b) The Rosenberg execution
(c) The Army-McCarthy hearings
(d) The Reagan Revolution
3. Which of the following is not an historical figure Roy considers a father figure?
(a) J. Edgar Hoover
(b) Richard Helms
(c) Joe McCarthy
(d) Walter Winchell
4. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) In the bed
(c) On the sofa
(d) On the floor
5. What is Mr. Lies' career?
(d) Travel agent
6. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
(a) He did not vote
(b) He will not say
7. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man does not trust Louis
(b) The Man has a partner at home
(c) The Man is homeless
(d) The Man lives with his parents
8. What does Harper threaten to do if Joe walks out on her in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Go to the roof and leap off
(b) Knock on doors until a man answers and have sex with him
(c) Turn on the oven until the building fills with smoke
(d) Board the first flight back to Salt Lake City
9. What is the identity of Harper's Eskimo?
(c) Mr. Lies
10. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
(a) Her father
(c) Mr. Lies
11. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Hot cocoa
(b) Holy water
(c) Black coffee
(d) Red wine
12. According to Aleksii in Act 1, Scene 1, what must the human race have in order to move forward?
(b) Desire for Change
13. To what does Louis compare the gash on his forehead?
(a) The scarlet letter
(b) The stigmata
(c) An Ash Wednesday marking
(d) The mark of Cain
14. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
(a) Salt Lake City
(c) New York
15. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(b) Tropical fruit
(c) Chippendale furniture
(d) Whale oil
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Harper joke she will give birth in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. To what destination does the Homeless Woman give Hannah directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. To what philosopher does Louis compare his world-view when speaking to Rabbi Chemelwitz?
5. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)