|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5, how long has he been in the hospital?
(a) He does not remember
(b) 2 days
(c) A week and and a half
(d) An eternity
2. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To borrow her car
(b) To help her pack
(c) To sell the house
(d) To have lunch
3. Which of the following characters does not appear in Act 2, Scene 9?
(c) Mr. Lies
4. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) The raising of Lazarus
(b) Saul on the road to Taursus
(c) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(d) David and Bathsheba
5. What does Joe Pitt say he has to do before accepting a job with the Justice Department?
(a) Pray about it
(b) Ask his wife
(c) Sublet his apartment
(d) Quit his current job
6. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) A mirror
(c) A crucifix
(d) A wooden stake
7. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
(a) Her style fo dress
(b) Her unpresupposing manner
(c) Her quietness
(d) Her unfriendliness
8. What addition to the Antarctica of Act 3, Scene 3 confuses Mr. Lies?
(a) An Eskimo
(b) A taxi
(c) A pizza
(d) A deer
9. To what does Harper joke she will give birth in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A homo
(b) A pill
(c) A puppy
10. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They both need someone
(b) They both love the night
(c) They are both afraid
(d) They are both terrible people
11. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
(a) 5 million dollars
(b) 1 million dollars
(c) An undisclosed amount
(d) 500,000 dollars
12. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He has a bleeding ulcer
(b) His mother is in New York
(c) Harper is missing
(d) He think he loves a man
13. Whom does Louis imply is gay in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Rock Hudson
(b) Vice President Bush
(c) Ed Koch
(d) Ron Reagan, Jr.
14. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Calling her "lady"
(b) Calling so late
(d) Taking the Lord's name in vain
15. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
(a) Staying out late at night
(c) Leaving Salt Lake City
(d) Being gay
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
2. Where does Harper think she heard the man with the knife in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What revelation does Prior make to Harper in their shared dream state?
4. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)