|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
2. From what dead figure does Ethel Rosenberg send a "hello" in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Joseph Welch
(b) Whitaker Chambers
(d) Her husband
3. What is Roy Cohn most proud of in his entire career?
(a) The Rosenberg execution
(b) The Alger Hiss case
(c) The Army-McCarthy hearings
(d) The Reagan Revolution
4. What is the title of the paperback novel that Belize quotes in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Silence of Ragged Plains
(b) Love's Breath in the Wind
(c) In Love with the Night Mysterious
(d) Cold Hands of the Morning
5. According to Prior's rant in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 7, the Recording Angel snaps the spine of what book?
(a) The Book of Life
(b) The Book of Heaven
(c) The Book of Days
(d) The Book of the Dead
6. To what philosopher does Louis compare his world-view when speaking to Rabbi Chemelwitz?
7. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
(a) He becomes paralyzed
(b) He gets an erection
(c) He pisses himself
(d) He sweats profusely
8. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Black coffee
(b) Red wine
(c) Hot cocoa
(d) Holy water
9. What is to be Prior Walter's role, according to his ancestors in Act 3, Scene1?
10. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man has a partner at home
(b) The Man lives with his parents
(c) The Man does not trust Louis
(d) The Man is homeless
11. How long did Hannah Pitt wait for Joe to pick her up at the airport?
(a) Three and three quarters hours
(b) Two and a half hours
(c) Five hours
(d) Four and a quarter hours
12. Who does Belize call as soon as he realize Roy Cohn has been admitted?
(a) His mother
(c) His partner
13. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
(b) He will not say
(d) He did not vote
14. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Jacob and the Angel
(b) The story of Saul's conversion
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and Isaac
15. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They both love the night
(b) They both need someone
(c) They are both terrible people
(d) They are both afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 7, Joe wonders aloud if who ever loved him?
2. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
3. Why, according to Joe, does he not want to have sex with Harper most days?
4. Whom does Louis imply is gay in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)