|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her never having a job
(b) Her addictive personality
(c) Her loneliness
(d) Her abusive father
2. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(c) Calling so late
(d) Calling her "lady"
3. To what film director's work does Prior compare his room in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Piero Paolo Passolini
(b) Martin Scorsese
(c) Steven Spielberg
(d) Luis Bunuel
4. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
(a) 5 million dollars
(b) An undisclosed amount
(c) 1 million dollars
(d) 500,000 dollars
5. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
6. To what destination does the Homeless Woman give Hannah directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) The Grand Concourse
(b) St. Patrick's Cathedral
(c) Prospect Park
(d) The Mormon Visitor's Center
7. According to Louis in Act 2, Scene 7, what do you have to be willing to do even if you are scared?
(a) Abandon what hurts you
(c) Break the law
(d) Follow your heart
8. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To have lunch
(b) To help her pack
(c) To sell the house
(d) To borrow her car
9. Where is the pay phone that Joe uses to call his mother in Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Penn Station
(b) Chambers Street
(c) Central Park
(d) East 57th Street
10. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
(a) Barbara Bush
(b) Grace Jones
(c) Joan Jett
(d) Peggy Noonan
11. What liquid does Harper theorize will come from her breasts after she gives birth to her Antarctic baby in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Holy water
(b) Black coffee
(c) Hot cocoa
(d) Red wine
12. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
13. Which of the following qualities does Roy says he does not possess in Act 3, Scene 5?
14. In which borough of New York is Hannah Pitt lost in Act 3, Scene 4?
15. What is Mr. Lies' career?
(a) Travel agent
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
2. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
3. According to Rabbi Chemelwitz, what do Jews believe in concerning sin?
4. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
5. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)