|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the apartment where Hannah arrives?
(a) The Bronx
2. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(a) A crucifix
(b) A wooden stake
(d) A mirror
3. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man lives with his parents
(b) The Man does not trust Louis
(c) The Man has a partner at home
(d) The Man is homeless
4. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(b) Whale oil
(c) Tropical fruit
(d) Chippendale furniture
5. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) A hot spike
(b) An overgrown garden
(c) A void
(d) A dead planet
6. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To sell the house
(b) To help her pack
(c) To borrow her car
(d) To have lunch
7. What bible story does Louis ask Joe to tell him in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) The story of Jacob and the Angel
(b) The story of Saul's conversion
(c) The story of Lazarus
(d) The story of Jacob and Isaac
8. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
(a) Salt Lake City
(b) New York
9. Who has the last line of Millennium Approaches?
(d) The Angel
10. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
(b) Staying out late at night
(c) Being gay
(d) Leaving Salt Lake City
11. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
12. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her abusive father
(b) Her loneliness
(c) Her never having a job
(d) Her addictive personality
13. How many hot dogs is Joe eating when Louis sits with him in Act 2, Scene 7?
14. Which of the following qualities does Roy says he does not possess in Act 3, Scene 5?
15. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
(a) He'll be back soon
(b) Get better
(c) He love him
(d) He had to go
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
2. In what room of the Brooklyn Federal Court of Appeals does Act 1; Scene 6 take place?
3. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
5. What does Prior do while Louis is on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)