|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
(a) Grace Jones
(b) Joan Jett
(c) Peggy Noonan
(d) Barbara Bush
2. What does Henry tell Belize he should have in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Roy's file
(b) Extra clipboards
(c) White scrubs
(d) Additional staff
3. Why does Sister Ella Chapter come to Hannah's house in Act 2, Chapter 10?
(a) To have lunch
(b) To sell the house
(c) To borrow her car
(d) To help her pack
4. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
(a) Accepting responsibility
5. What characteristic of Hannah's does Sister Ella Chapter like most?
(a) Her unpresupposing manner
(b) Her quietness
(c) Her style fo dress
(d) Her unfriendliness
6. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(b) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
(c) Represent him in divorce proceedings
(d) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
7. What is the identity of Harper's Eskimo?
(d) Mr. Lies
8. To what does Louis compare the gash on his forehead?
(a) An Ash Wednesday marking
(b) The stigmata
(c) The mark of Cain
(d) The scarlet letter
9. What does Joe blame for Harper's pills in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her loneliness
(b) Her never having a job
(c) Her addictive personality
(d) Her abusive father
10. What do homosexuals lack, according to Roy?
(b) A history
11. To what film director's work does Prior compare his room in Act 3, Scene 7?
(a) Piero Paolo Passolini
(b) Luis Bunuel
(c) Martin Scorsese
(d) Steven Spielberg
12. What does Prior do while Louis is on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Soils himself
(b) Passes out
(c) Leaves the apartment
13. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
14. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) On the sofa
(c) On the floor
(d) In the bed
15. Like what does the snow of Harper's metaphysical Antarctica in Act 3, Scene 3 smell?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
2. According to Louis in Act 2, Scene 7, what do you have to be willing to do even if you are scared?
3. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
5. Where has Harper been the whole time she thought she was in Antarctica?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)