|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Prior tells Belize his wet dream involved a woman who is not "conventional," to whom does Belize suggest he is referring?
(a) Barbara Bush
(b) Peggy Noonan
(c) Grace Jones
(d) Joan Jett
2. Where has Harper been the whole time she thought she was in Antarctica?
(a) Rego Park
(b) Battery Park
(c) Central Park
(d) Prospect Park
3. From what organization is the latter that Roy gives Joe in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) The Department of Justice
(b) The Better Business Bureau
(c) The FBI
(d) The National Bar Association
4. In what city does the main portion of Act 1, Scene 1 of Perestroika take place?
(b) New York
(d) Salt Lake City
5. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
(b) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
(c) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(d) Represent him in divorce proceedings
6. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
7. What is the identity of Harper's Eskimo?
(c) Mr. Lies
8. For doing what does Hannah chastise the policeman she speaks to on the phone in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Calling so late
(c) Taking the Lord's name in vain
(d) Calling her "lady"
9. Which of the following is not something Prior keeps in his bed to ward off spirits in Act 3, Scene 6?
(b) A mirror
(c) A crucifix
(d) A wooden stake
10. What famous instigator does Louis Ironson claim his grandmother saw speak?
(a) Emma Goldman
(b) John Reed
(c) Leon Trotsky
(d) Joe Hill
11. In which borough of New York is Hannah Pitt lost in Act 3, Scene 4?
12. Which of the following is not a term that Louis uses to describe the lawyers that do not comfort him while he's crying?
13. According to Prior, of what is Louis incapable?
(d) Accepting responsibility
14. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Alexander Haig
(b) Ed Meese
(c) Nancy Reagan
(d) Ronald Reagan
15. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
(a) Her father
(b) Mr. Lies
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. How many hot dogs is Joe eating when Louis sits with him in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
4. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)