|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Louis in Act 3, Scene 7, what do he and Joe have in common?
(a) They both need someone
(b) They are both terrible people
(c) They are both afraid
(d) They both love the night
2. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Ronald Reagan
(b) Alexander Haig
(c) Ed Meese
(d) Nancy Reagan
3. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Freak out
(b) Leave him
(c) Call the hospital
(d) Touch him
4. To what does Harper joke she will give birth in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A homo
(c) A pill
(d) A puppy
5. According to Prior in Act 2, Scene 5, how long has he been in the hospital?
(a) An eternity
(b) A week and and a half
(c) He does not remember
(d) 2 days
6. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
(a) He pisses himself
(b) He becomes paralyzed
(c) He gets an erection
(d) He sweats profusely
7. Like what does the snow of Harper's metaphysical Antarctica in Act 3, Scene 3 smell?
8. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Tropical fruit
(c) Chippendale furniture
(d) Whale oil
9. To what destination does the Homeless Woman give Hannah directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) St. Patrick's Cathedral
(b) Prospect Park
(c) The Grand Concourse
(d) The Mormon Visitor's Center
10. What is Mr. Lies' career?
(c) Travel agent
11. For what Broadway musical does Roy Cohn get tickets for Mrs. Hollins?
(a) A Little Night Music
(b) Les Miserables
(c) Le Cage aux Folles
12. What addition to the Antarctica of Act 3, Scene 3 confuses Mr. Lies?
(a) A taxi
(b) A deer
(c) An Eskimo
(d) A pizza
13. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
14. According to Rabbi Chemelwitz, what do Jews believe in concerning sin?
15. What revelation does Prior make to Harper in their shared dream state?
(a) She will ahve to go to Washington
(b) The world is ending
(c) She is pregnant
(d) Her husband is gay
Short Answer Questions
1. Before hanging up on Joe, for what does Hannah chastise him?
2. According to Louis in Act 2, Scene 7, what do you have to be willing to do even if you are scared?
3. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
4. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
5. Which of the following is not a prediction Harper makes about the coming of the Millennium?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)