|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy offer to do for Joe to help his decision regarding Washington in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Pay to move Harper back to Salt Lake City
(b) Pay for a townhouse and car in Washington
(c) Represent him in divorce proceedings
(d) Take care of paperwork for Harper's committal
2. Which horror movie does Harper fear takes place in Brooklyn?
(a) Rosemary's Baby
(b) The Exorcist
(d) The Omen
3. In Act 1, Scene 9, who does Roy claim he can reach on the phone in five minutes?
(a) Alexander Haig
(b) Ronald Reagan
(c) Nancy Reagan
(d) Ed Meese
4. From what dead figure does Ethel Rosenberg send a "hello" in Act 3, Scene 5?
(b) Whitaker Chambers
(c) Joseph Welch
(d) Her husband
5. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
6. Why can Louis and the Man not go back to the Man's house in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The Man lives with his parents
(b) The Man is homeless
(c) The Man has a partner at home
(d) The Man does not trust Louis
7. Where is the apartment where Hannah arrives?
(a) The Bronx
8. What happens to Prior whenever he hears the celestial voice?
(a) He pisses himself
(b) He gets an erection
(c) He becomes paralyzed
(d) He sweats profusely
9. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) An overgrown garden
(b) A void
(c) A dead planet
(d) A hot spike
10. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Tropical fruit
(b) Chippendale furniture
(c) Whale oil
11. In what city does Roy believe he met Mormons?
(a) Rapid City
(b) Las Vegas
(c) St. Louis
(d) Salt Lake City
12. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) In the bath tub
(b) On the sofa
(c) In the bed
(d) On the floor
13. What addition to the Antarctica of Act 3, Scene 3 confuses Mr. Lies?
(a) A taxi
(b) A deer
(c) A pizza
(d) An Eskimo
14. What does Louis ask Emily to tell Prior when he wakes in the hospital?
(a) He had to go
(b) He'll be back soon
(c) He love him
(d) Get better
15. Which of the following is not a reason Joe gives for declining Roy's Justice Department offer in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He think he loves a man
(b) Harper is missing
(c) His mother is in New York
(d) He has a bleeding ulcer
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom does Ed Meese remind Martin Heller?
2. What is the one thing Prior begs Louis not to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why, according to Joe, does he not want to have sex with Harper most days?
4. What does Harper bring with her when she enters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where is Hannah in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)