|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Act 3, Scene 7 | Part 1: Act 3, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harper threaten to do if Joe walks out on her in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Knock on doors until a man answers and have sex with him
(b) Go to the roof and leap off
(c) Board the first flight back to Salt Lake City
(d) Turn on the oven until the building fills with smoke
2. Why does Prior not tell Louis about his first lesion immediately?
(a) He wanted to get a second opinion from a doctor
(b) He was denying it to himself
(c) He fears Louis will leave him
(d) He doesn't want to worry Louis
3. Who did Joe Pitt vote for in the last presidential election?
(a) He will not say
(c) He did not vote
4. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(b) The raising of Lazarus
(c) David and Bathsheba
(d) Saul on the road to Taursus
5. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Whale oil
(b) Tropical fruit
(c) Chippendale furniture
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, Joe wonders aloud if who ever loved him?
3. What is Prior and Louis' cat's name?
4. To what destination does the Homeless Woman give Hannah directions in Act 3, Scene 4?
5. What instrument plays the dance tune to which Prior and Louis dance in Act 3, Scene 6?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)