|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Act 3, Scene 7 | Part 1: Act 3, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what Bible story was the picture that obsessed Joe at a young age?
(a) David and Bathsheba
(b) The raising of Lazarus
(c) Jacob wrestling the Angel
(d) Saul on the road to Taursus
2. To what does Joe Pitt compare his heart in Act 2, Scene 9?
(a) An overgrown garden
(b) A dead planet
(c) A void
(d) A hot spike
3. In what country does Louis' Act 3, Scene 2, story of about subtle antisemitism abroad take place?
4. What commodity did Prior's ship captain ancestor bring to England?
(a) Chippendale furniture
(b) Whale oil
(c) Tropical fruit
5. Where in his apartment is Prior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) In the bed
(b) On the sofa
(c) On the floor
(d) In the bath tub
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Roy borrow from one of his clients?
2. From what organization is the latter that Roy gives Joe in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Why is Harper confused by seeing Prior in her hallucination?
4. Who does Harper realize is the "man with the knives?"
5. Of whom does Ed Meese remind Martin Heller?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)