|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hassassin promise to tell Glick while he is in the Vatican City?
(a) The position of the first murder of a cardinal.
(b) The name of the new pope before he is chosen.
(c) The place where he can go to be safe during the bombing.
(d) The best position to view the first speech by the new pope.
2. Why does Vittoria think the antimatter should be licensed?
(a) It is valuable.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is rare.
(d) It is expensive to create.
3. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when he first enters his office?
(a) A picture of an atomic bomb mushroom cloud.
(b) The faxed picture of Vetra's dead body.
(c) A picture of the canister of anitmatter.
(d) A hug.
4. What kind of accent does the person have who calls the Camerlengo while Langdon is in his office?
(a) Middle Eastern.
5. What does Vittoria hope that antimatter will be?
(a) The energy source of the future.
(b) A bridge between science and religion.
(c) A source of peace products.
(d) A healing element.
6. What job did Vetra have before he became a scientist?
(a) A Catholic priest.
(b) A Methodist preacher.
(c) A Cardinal.
(d) A Presbyterian minister.
7. What is antimatter?
(a) The opposite of matter.
(b) A powerful energy source.
(c) A very dense form of matter.
(d) A poisonous material.
8. What does Langdon first notice about Vittoria when he meets her for the first time?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She looks very intelligent.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She does not look very upset about losing her father.
9. What does Vittoria say to Olivetti that convinces him to continue his trek to what Langdon think is the first Altar of Science?
(a) Cries and pleads with him.
(b) Explains how a person could commit murder there.
(c) Reminds him that he has no other clues.
(d) Tells him to trust in Langdon's intelligence.
10. What sets the missing cardinals apart from the others?
(a) They are the ones most likely to be elected as the new Pope.
(b) They have traveled the farthest.
(c) They were closest to the Pope in life.
(d) They are the ones who are to run the meeting.
11. What does Langdon use to remove the bag that surrounds the book he was looking for?
(b) A tissue.
(c) A gloved hand.
(d) His own fingers.
12. What do Langdon and Vittoria do when they enter what Langdon thinks is the first Altar of Science?
(a) Run as fast as they can.
(b) Fire a gun and challenge the Hassassin to show himself.
(c) Act like tourists.
(d) Say the Lord's prayer.
13. What is the ancient brotherhood in this book called?
(a) Priori of Scion.
(c) Opus Dei.
14. What could 5 ng of antimatter do if put in the wrong hands?
(a) Provide light for a year.
(b) Destroy anything within a half-mile radius.
(d) Power a large car.
15. What seems to be Langdon's chief concern about the position of the antimatter?
(a) The art collection at the site.
(b) The sacred manuscripts kept there.
(c) The historical artifacts housed there.
(d) The many people there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the deadly army of the ancient brotherhood called?
2. What does Olivetti tell the Camerlengo they should do to buy time after the phone call from the Hassassin?
3. Who performed the ritual to confirm the Pope's death?
4. How many of the Catholic cardinals are in the Vatican City due to the Pope's death?
5. Where is the Conclave supposed to take place when Langdon reaches the Vatican?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)