|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposed the Big Bang Theory?
(a) A Catholic monk.
(b) An atheist scientist.
(c) A celibate priest.
(d) A member of the Nicean Council.
2. What does Kohler tell Langdon has answered most of man's questions in the recent years?
3. How does Kohler first contact Langdon?
(c) Coded message.
(d) Phone call.
4. What does Robert Langdon do when Kohler contacts him?
(a) Refuses to see him.
(b) Hangs up.
(c) Agrees to meet him the next day.
(d) Avoids confrontation.
5. Who sheltered the Illuminati when they fled Rome?
(a) The Freemasons.
(b) The Arabs.
(c) The Catholics.
(d) The Templar Knights.
6. Why does Vittoria think the antimatter should be licensed?
(a) It is valuable.
(b) It is rare.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is expensive to create.
7. What is the only reason Langdon can think of for the Illuminati to want the antimatter?
(d) A misunderstanding.
8. What does Kohler do when he is breathing well again?
(a) Pretends to be sicker than he is.
(b) Sneaks out of the infirmary.
(c) Calls Vittoria.
(d) Flies to the Vatican.
9. What was Vetra trying to support and promote with his scientific discoveries?
(a) The existence of God.
(b) The physical power of love.
10. Who helped the Hassassin to carry out his task?
(b) No one.
(c) The Pope.
11. What is antimatter?
(a) The opposite of matter.
(b) A powerful energy source.
(c) A poisonous material.
(d) A very dense form of matter.
12. What does Olivetti give Vittoria when she leaves the car to enter what Langdon thinks is the first Altar of Science?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A gun.
(c) A word of advice.
(d) A kiss.
13. Why has Kohler not called the police about Vetra's murder when he shows Langdon the body?
(a) He wants Langdon to examine the body first.
(b) He is not ready to say goodbye.
(c) He still has hope that Vetra can be revived.
(d) He wants Vetra's daughter to check their shared lab.
14. What does the Hassassin promise to tell Glick while he is in the Vatican City?
(a) The position of the first murder of a cardinal.
(b) The name of the new pope before he is chosen.
(c) The place where he can go to be safe during the bombing.
(d) The best position to view the first speech by the new pope.
15. Where does Langdon think the first Altar of Science is after finding the book he was looking for?
(a) Santi's Tomb.
(b) The Pantheon.
(c) The Vatican Graveyard.
(d) The Pope's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert Langdon work?
2. What does Vetra smell at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Langdon give the Camerlengo when he first enters his office?
4. What does Vittoria use for protection when she and Langdon enter the chapel behind the church containing the first Altar of Science?
5. How long does the Hassassin wait in the stone tunnel before entering the door that was opened for him after he steals the anti-matter?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)