|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the BBC run articles with warnings of the growing power of the Illuminati?
2. What could 5 ng of antimatter do if put in the wrong hands?
(a) Provide light for a year.
(b) Destroy anything within a half-mile radius.
(c) Power a large car.
3. What is the ancient brotherhood in this book called?
(b) Priori of Scion.
(c) Opus Dei.
4. Where was Vittoria's orphanage?
5. How was the first cardinal killed by the Hassassin?
(a) Suffocated with earth.
(b) Burnt to death.
(d) Punctured lungs.
6. Who tells Vittoria and Langdon where the first Altar of Science is when they realize they are in the wrong place?
(a) The Camerlengo.
(c) The guide of the Pantheon.
(d) The Hassassin.
7. What does Vittoria find on the floor outside the upper lab?
(a) A gram of antimatter.
(b) A bloody footprint.
(c) Her father's ID badge.
(d) An eyeball.
8. What does Vetra cry out to his murderer before he dies?
(a) Science will prevail.
(b) There is no password.
(c) The secret will die with me.
(d) Spare my daughter.
9. Why does Vittoria think the antimatter should be licensed?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is rare.
(c) It is expensive to create.
(d) It is valuable.
10. How does Kohler first contact Langdon?
(c) Coded message.
(d) Phone call.
11. Where did Vetra first go to study physics?
(a) The Venetian Council of Science.
(b) The University of Geneva.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Oxford University.
12. What does Olivetti tell the Camerlengo they should do to buy time after the phone call from the Hassassin?
(a) Hold the Conclave as scheduled.
(b) Pray for help.
(c) Seal the Vatican.
(d) Call the police.
13. Why does Vittoria feel so guilty when she sees that the large specimen of antimatter is gone?
(a) She convinced her father to make the larger specimen.
(b) She knows this is why her father was killed.
(c) She left the door unprotected.
(d) She suggested the retina scan.
14. How long does the Hassassin wait in the stone tunnel before entering the door that was opened for him after he steals the anti-matter?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 15 seconds.
(d) 15 minutes.
15. What does Vittoria say to Olivetti that convinces him to continue his trek to what Langdon think is the first Altar of Science?
(a) Tells him to trust in Langdon's intelligence.
(b) Explains how a person could commit murder there.
(c) Reminds him that he has no other clues.
(d) Cries and pleads with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time will the battery on the canister of antimatter run out?
2. Where does Langdon think the first Altar of Science is after finding the book he was looking for?
3. What was Vetra trying to support and promote with his scientific discoveries?
4. What job did Vetra have before he became a scientist?
5. What did Vittoria and her father talk about the first time they met at the orphanage?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)