|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raffe say in Chapter 25 “are forbidden to Angels”?
2. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 25 that a group of angels called what “were stationed on Earth to observe the humans”?
3. In Chapter 25, Raffe tells Penryn that a group of angels were stationed on Earth to observe humans. Some of these angels got lonely and took human wives. What were the hybrid children called?
4. What happened to the angels stationed on Earth that married human women and had hybrid children, according to Raffe in Chapter 25?
5. Of the ragged people that leer at the car while Penryn drives in Chapter 26, she says, “The way they stare, the way they hide, the way their furtive, dirty faces peer at us with burning curiosity brings to mind the hated word.” What is this word?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Penryn’s reaction to the information she’s learned through Josiah and Raffe’s conversation in Chapter 32?
2. What angel does Raffe watch in Chapter 29? What does he ask Penryn do to?
3. How is the setting of the financial district described in Chapter 27?
4. Where does Penryn first encounter the Politician in Chapter 30? How is this character described?
5. What does Paige do to the angel that attacks Penryn in Chapter 39?
6. Where does Penryn encounter Paige in Chapter 37? How is Paige described?
7. Describe the chaos at the camp in Chapter 21. Where do Penryn and Raffe go?
8. How is the setting of the interior of the aerie described in Chapter 28? What do Penryn and Raffe do upon entering?
9. How does Raffe save Penryn in Chapter 23? What does Penryn do to help?
10. How does Penryn communicate with the Tweedle brother in Chapter 34? What does she learn from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Penryn’s response to the abduction of her sister Paige in the beginning of the novel. Given the supreme power that has been illustrated by the angels, why is Penryn determined that she will even be capable of finding, much less rescuing her sister? How far does Penryn’s determination take her?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Obadiah West in Angelfall. How old is Obadiah? What are Penryn’s expectations of this character? How are Penryn’s perceptions of Obadiah different than those of Raffe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Josiah in the novel. How is Josiah’s appearance described? What are Josiah’s actions, objectives, and obstacles in the story? Is Josiah on the side of the protagonists or antagonists?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)