|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Penryn takes a drink from the waiter and is hidden from the Politician angel in Chapter 30, she becomes aware that what is likely to take place soon?
2. Which of Paige’s friends does Penryn describe in Chapter 31 as having “wobbled when he walked and had to contort his face painfully to form coherent words which often let out an embarrassing amount of drool”?
3. What happened to the angels stationed on Earth that married human women and had hybrid children, according to Raffe in Chapter 25?
4. What weapon does one of the men threaten to attack Penryn and the Tweedle brother with before Penryn’s mom arrives and intervenes in Chapter 35?
5. When Penryn notices that the soldiers have their rifles aimed at about the height of their waists, she questions whether what animal might have killed the other soldiers in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Raffe explain his religious views in Chapter 33?
2. Describe the chaos at the camp in Chapter 21. Where do Penryn and Raffe go?
3. What does Paige do to the angel that attacks Penryn in Chapter 39?
4. What information does Penryn learn as she listens to Raffe and Josiah in Chapter 31?
5. How does Raffe save Penryn in Chapter 23? What does Penryn do to help?
6. What gory scene do Raffe and Penryn encounter in Chapter 24? How does Penryn react?
7. How is Penryn saved from the gang of thugs that surrounds her and the Tweedle brother in Chapter 35?
8. What information does Raffe relate to Penryn of the Watchers and the Nephilim in Chapter 25?
9. How is the setting of the financial district described in Chapter 27?
10. Why does Raffe solicit Josiah’s help in Chapter 31? How does Josiah respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the archangel Gabriel in the novel. What is Gabriel’s role in the Biblical depictions of him? How do these depictions compare with Gabriel’s role in Angelfall? How does Gabriel’s death set in motion the events that dominate the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Obadiah West in Angelfall. How old is Obadiah? What are Penryn’s expectations of this character? How are Penryn’s perceptions of Obadiah different than those of Raffe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in Angelfall. How is this theme developed through the characters of Penryn, Raffe, Paige, and Paige’s mother? Which side do you think is the victor in this battle? Why?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)