|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tweedle brother tells Penryn as she enters the aerie’s underground garage that she needs to get out of there in how much time in Chapter 35?
2. Which of Paige’s friends is described as a “quadriplegic who needed a pump to keep him breathing” in Chapter 31?
3. About how old do the girls appear to be that Raffe and Penryn encounter hanging from the tree in Chapter 24?
4. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
5. What does Raffe tell Penryn after kissing her in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Penryn and Raffe find a vehicle to drive in Chapter 26? Whom do they encounter in this setting?
2. Where does Penryn encounter Paige in Chapter 37? How is Paige described?
3. Where does Penryn first encounter the Politician in Chapter 30? How is this character described?
4. What gory scene do Raffe and Penryn encounter in Chapter 24? How does Penryn react?
5. How does Raffe save Penryn in Chapter 23? What does Penryn do to help?
6. How is the setting of the financial district described in Chapter 27?
7. Where do Penryn and Raffe go in Chapter 23? What information does Raffe relate of the attackers?
8. How does Raffe explain his religious views in Chapter 33?
9. Where does the Tweedle brother take Penryn in Chapter 34?
10. Where does Raffe leave Penryn in Chapter 21? What does Penryn do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the narrative point of view from which Angelfall is related. Is the story told from first, second, or third person perspective? Is the story related in the present or past tense? What effect does this narrative style have on you as a reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Penryn’s discovery of the creatures in the glass tubes in Chapters 35 through 37. What do you think these creatures represent symbolically in the novel? How does Penryn respond to their appearance? How do these creatures explain the prior events of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of good versus evil in Angelfall. How is this theme developed through the characters of Penryn, Raffe, Paige, and Paige’s mother? Which side do you think is the victor in this battle? Why?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)