|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Penryn say her mother has stuffed in every pocket of her sweater and jacket as well as in her cart in Chapter 1?
2. What is the “gang symbol” that is nailed to the front door of Penryn’s family’s condo building in Chapter 2?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 16 as Raffe and Penryn are tied up, “The moonlight filtering through the window is bright enough to show the leader watching Raffe with the intensity of a wolf watching” what?
4. Raffe tells Penryn in Chapter 11, “If you’re ever going to kill an angel” to do it how?
5. In Chapter 16, Penryn narrates, “I've been casually trying to collect information on the angels just in case it might come in handy. The hope of an organized resistance, though, went up in smoke along with” what cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Penryn learn about the wounded angel in Chapter 10?
2. How does Obadiah explain the reaction of the soldiers during Penryn’s fight with Boden in Chapter 19?
3. Where is Raffe taken at the camp in Chapter 15? What does Penryn do?
4. What do Penryn and her mother carry downstairs from their condo in Chapter 1? What is their plan for traveling?
5. How does Raffe help Penryn escape the dogs in Chapter 14? How is Raffe captured?
6. How are the dead bodies described that Penryn and Raffe encounter in Chapter 12? What other items are found nearby?
7. How does the angel attack Penryn in Chapter 8? How does Penryn respond?
8. How does Penryn describe the setting of the novel in Chapter 1? What is she doing as the novel opens?
9. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
10. What does Penryn do after Paige is abducted in Chapter 5? What does Paige say about the angel parts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Uriel in Angelfall. What does Uriel want in the story? How does he go about achieving this objective? What are Penryn’s impressions of Uriel when she first sees him?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of Angelfall in the first chapters and the author’s use of imagery in the setting. How might you imagine the Silicon Valley area prior to the apocalypse? How has it changed in the period before the novel opens? Who “rules the streets” in Cassie’s neighborhood?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the narrative point of view from which Angelfall is related. Is the story told from first, second, or third person perspective? Is the story related in the present or past tense? What effect does this narrative style have on you as a reader?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)