|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only food that Penryn and Raffe are able to find in the house before leaving in Chapter 11?
2. The leader of the people who have captured Penryn and Raffe in Chapter 16 “We figured someone else was carrying the matching half of the supplies. Although, frankly, I wasn't expecting a rescue attempt. And certainly not” what?
3. What clothing is the wounded angel wearing as he sleeps on the sofa in the abandoned office building in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Penryn put the angel’s sword when she takes him from the scene of his attack and runs off into the night in Chapter 5?
5. How old does Penryn say Paige was when she became crippled in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Penryn take the wounded angel in Chapter 6? How is this setting described?
2. How is Paige’s injury described in Penryn’s flashback in Chapter 7? When did Paige become disabled?
3. How is the outdoor setting described in Chapter 2? What objects fall from the sky in this chapter?
4. Who solicits Penryn to start a fight with Anita at the camp in Chapter 19? Why?
5. How does Penryn describe the setting of the novel in Chapter 1? What is she doing as the novel opens?
6. What impressions do the camp soldiers express of Raffe and Penryn in Chapter 16?
7. What does Penryn do after Paige is abducted in Chapter 5? What does Paige say about the angel parts?
8. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword in Chapter 4? Why?
9. How are the angels described in Chapter 3? What are they doing when Penryn’s family encounters them?
10. How does the angel attack Penryn in Chapter 8? How does Penryn respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the gender roles and gender expectations presented in Angelfall. In what ways is Penryn expected to fulfill traditional “female roles” in the story? How does Penryn stand out amongst these expectations? How are the male roles different in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting of the aerie when Penryn and Raffe approach it in Chapters 27 and 28. How is this setting compared to a typical night club? How does it differ?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Obadiah West in Angelfall. How old is Obadiah? What are Penryn’s expectations of this character? How are Penryn’s perceptions of Obadiah different than those of Raffe? Why?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)