|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Penryn keep the angel’s wings wrapped in during their journey?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A silver kimono.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A winter coat.
2. The narrator says in Chapter 16 as Raffe and Penryn are tied up, “The moonlight filtering through the window is bright enough to show the leader watching Raffe with the intensity of a wolf watching” what?
(a) "A sheep."
(b) "The moon."
(c) "A rabbit."
(d) "A deer."
3. Why is Penryn unable to find a tree to climb to escape the dogs in Chapter 14?
(a) She is paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) The trees are covered in green slime.
(c) There are no low branches on the trees.
(d) There are only bushes in the forest.
4. What does Penryn do with the angel’s sword when she picks it up in Chapter 4?
(a) She throws it to her sister, Paige.
(b) She throws it to her mother.
(c) She throws it to the angel that’s being attacked.
(d) She uses it to stab the attacking angel.
5. What name does Penryn call the angel that cuts off the snowy-winged angel’s wings in Chapter 3?
(b) The Politician.
(c) Night Giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty at the camp is Penryn given in Chapter 18?
2. Penryn says in Chapter 10, “Giving him a name makes it sound like we’re somehow on the same side, which we can never be. It’s like acknowledging that we could become friends. But that’s not possible. It’s pointless to make friends with” what?
3. Next to the half-eaten family, Penryn discovers a bouquet of what wild sprigs in Chapter 12?
4. When the angel with the snowy wings rolls off the crushed car in Chapter 3, Penryn says that his athletic grace reminds her of what animal she once saw on TV?
5. What is Penryn’s last name in the novel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)