|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What road does Penryn plan to take into San Francisco in order to avoid highly populated areas as long as possible in Chapter 13?
(a) Skyline Boulevard.
(b) Willow Street.
(c) Sunset Boulevard.
(d) Paige Mill.
2. Where does Penryn hide her pack and the angel wings as she watches the men take Raffe into the camp in Chapter 15?
(a) By a rock in the river.
(b) In a tree hollow.
(c) Under a rug.
(d) In the top branches of a tree.
3. Penryn says that her father has a master’s degree in what subject in Chapter 10?
(a) Musical composition.
4. Penryn describes the houses outside of town that she and Raffe ransack for food as being largely hidden behind what kind of trees in Chapter 13?
(a) Maple trees.
(b) Redwood trees.
(c) Birch trees.
(d) Willow trees.
5. The main artery of town in Chapter 2 is described as “El Camino Real” which is translated into English as what, according to Penryn’s Spanish teacher?
(a) "The Angel’s Path."
(b) "The Hero’s Path."
(c) "The Royal Path."
(d) "The Faithful Road."
Short Answer Questions
1. Penryn says in Chapter 1 that her favorite boots used to be her favorites because she once got a compliment from whom about the look of the leather strips on the sides?
2. When Raffe says in Chapter 13, “I never kid about my demigod status,” Penryn responds by telling him, “You are nothing but” what?
3. What is the name of the man that Penryn says was their neighbor until a week ago in Chapter 5?
4. Penryn says in Chapter 2 that her sister Paige has been a vegetarian since what age?
5. In Chapter 16, Penryn narrates, “I've been casually trying to collect information on the angels just in case it might come in handy. The hope of an organized resistance, though, went up in smoke along with” what cities?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)