|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the crowds by the gates doing as women are admitted or turned away by the entrance guards in Chapter 27?
(a) Placing bets on who’s let in.
(b) Taking photographs.
(c) Booing and hissing.
(d) Cat-calling to the women.
2. When Penryn notices that the soldiers have their rifles aimed at about the height of their waists, she questions whether what animal might have killed the other soldiers in Chapter 21?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A rabid fox.
(c) A mountain lion.
(d) A bear.
3. What is Obadiah’s last name in the novel?
4. When Penryn and Raffe arrive by the club in Chapter 27, she wishes she could put her boots in the tiny clutch she has, but says there’s only room for what?
(a) Lipstick and mascara.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A flashlight and pocketknife.
(d) Brass knuckles and a knife.
5. In Chapter 25, Raffe tells Penryn that a group of angels were stationed on Earth to observe humans. Some of these angels got lonely and took human wives. What were the hybrid children called?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men appear and surround Penryn and the Tweedle brother as they are trying to get into the aerie’s parking garage in Chapter 34?
2. What does Penryn grab from a table and hurl at the angel in the science lab, cutting him on the neck, in Chapter 38?
3. Laylah tells Raffe in Chapter 32, “We’re not made to be alone. No more than” what are?
4. Who walks into the door with another angel just as explosions rock the ground in Chapter 39?
5. As Penryn inwardly negotiates her options in Chapter 17, she realizes that if Raffe “tells the other angels and they kill off the movement, I'll be the” what “of my kind”?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)