• Angelfall is a young adult novel by Susan Ee revolving around a post-apocalyptic California and the attempts of seventeen year-old Penryn Young to rescue her kidnapped sister.
• In Chapter 1, 17-year-old Penryn Young hides sharpened steak knives in her 7-year-old sister, Paige's, wheelchair, and into her mother's shopping cart.
• Penryn and her mother then bring Paige downstairs to the lobby of the building, which is full of old photos, Bibles, and empty bottles.
• The plan is to head down El Camino, to Page Mill, and then to the hills; the nights are dangerous, as street gangs and immortal predators roam at will.
• Penryn's father left the year before.
• In Chapter 2, Penryn knows it is the Apocalypse as she, her mother, and her sister head down the road through Silicon Valley, moving around abandoned cars and past debris.
• As the three of them head down the road, white...
This section contains 3,076 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)