Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship dynamic between Angela and Malachy. What plays the most important part in the demise of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Frank's family leaves America for Ireland at the beginning of the book, but Frank spends most of the book dreaming about going to America. Discuss the irony in this, and the journey required of Frank in order to leave Ireland and go to America.
Essay Topic 3
The opening line of "Angela's Ashes" states "My father and mother should have stayed in New York where they met and married and where I was born." How does this foreshadow the rest of the book? How does this one line set the tone for the rest of the book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)