|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
3. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
4. How does Frank feed himself at Pat Sheehan's?
5. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Each one of the teachers Frank McCourt mentions in "Angela's Ashes" played a significant role in his education and in making him the person he later became. Trace McCourt's experiences with these teachers, and analyze the impact that each one had on his later life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Frank and his father. In many ways, Frank was purposely trying to be as different from Malachy as possible. Was he successful? Why was he trying to differentiate himself to such an extent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship dynamic between Angela and Malachy. What plays the most important part in the demise of their relationship?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)