|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
3. Where is the priest that Frank meets on the boat from?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
5. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role poverty places in "Angela's Ashes." What is the role of economic struggle in the book? How do the characters deal with this struggle? How does this struggle shape their lives? Support your arguments with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Angela seems to have a love/hate relationship with her extended family. Examine this relationship, and give examples showing the dynamic of their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be the major theme of the book? Give specific examples and details from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)