Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship dynamic between Angela and Malachy. What plays the most important part in the demise of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist in "Angela's Ashes?" Use specific details and events from the story to back up your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role alcohol plays in "Angela's Ashes." Alcohol serves as almost another character; it affects the family, society and well-being of everyone in the memoir. Discuss the role of alcohol, "pub-culture," and how alcohol is seen by both the McCourt family and society as a whole.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)