Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
What does America seem to represent to Frank McCourt in "Angela's Ashes?" What does Ireland represent? In a comparison essay, examine the symbolic nature of these two places for Frank, using examples from the text to support your arguments.
Compare and contrast Frank and his father. In many ways, Frank was purposely trying to be as different from Malachy as possible. Was he successful? Why was he trying to differentiate himself to such an extent?
Frank McCourt uses humor to help entertain the reader in "Angela's Ashes." Describe, in details, the ways in which McCourt uses humorous anecdotes and comical stories to lighten up an otherwise very serious memoir.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)