Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
Essay Topic 1
Each one of the teachers Frank McCourt mentions in "Angela's Ashes" played a significant role in his education and in making him the person he later became. Trace McCourt's experiences with these teachers, and analyze the impact that each one had on his later life.
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider to be the major theme of the book? Give specific examples and details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Frank and his father. In many ways, Frank was purposely trying to be as different from Malachy as possible. Was he successful? Why was he trying to differentiate himself to such an extent?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)