|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank sell for ten pounds in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Mikey call Frank a bastard in Chapter 11?
3. Where is the priest that Frank meets on the boat from?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
What do you consider to be the major theme of the book? Give specific examples and details from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship dynamic between Angela and Malachy. What plays the most important part in the demise of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Frank's family leaves America for Ireland at the beginning of the book, but Frank spends most of the book dreaming about going to America. Discuss the irony in this, and the journey required of Frank in order to leave Ireland and go to America.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)