|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
(a) The Ocean's Guide.
(b) The Sea Merchant.
(c) The American Traveler.
(d) The Irish Oak.
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Classical Irish jigs.
(d) Beethoven and Mozart.
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
(a) Delivering newspapers.
(b) Reading to the elderly.
(c) For a garage.
(d) Loading coal.
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) The home on Roden Lane.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
(a) At the pub.
(b) In the library.
(c) At the post office.
(d) For Mrs. O'Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
2. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
3. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
5. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)