|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the priest that Frank meets on the boat from?
(b) New York.
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) He blinks to clean his eyes.
(b) He squints because of the sun.
(c) He is tired and falling asleep.
(d) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
3. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He was eating in the library.
(b) He is stealing books.
(c) He is reading inappropriate material.
(d) He is making too much noise.
4. What is Angela's new job in Chapter 17?
(a) Shoveling coal.
(b) Reading to children.
(c) Caring for an elderly man.
(d) Working in a factory in London.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
(a) For Mrs. O'Connell.
(b) At the post office.
(c) At the pub.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
2. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
5. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)