|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
(a) Mr. Hannon cannot get to work at such an early hour.
(b) Mr. Hannon would like to share his wealth with Frank.
(c) Mr. Hannon has two much work for one person.
(d) Mr. Hannon has bad legs.
2. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Dying of pneumonia.
(b) Getting consumption.
(c) Dying of typhoid.
(d) Getting gangrene.
3. Why does Mikey call Frank a bastard in Chapter 11?
(a) Frank had relations with a girl at the pub.
(b) Frank and Mikey had gotten into an argument.
(c) Frank's parents were not married when he was born.
(d) Frank's parents were not married for nine months before he was born.
4. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(b) Paddy won money gambling.
(c) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(d) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
5. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She uses a chamber pot.
(b) She has a wart on her face.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) She cannnot cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
2. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
3. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
5. What does Frank sometimes do when Mrs. Finucane falls asleep?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)