|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
(a) He works in a factory.
(b) He works in a shop.
(c) He delivers telegrams.
(d) He delivers coal.
2. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(b) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(c) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(d) He spends the evening at the pub.
3. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) The home on Roden Lane.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) Mikey Molloy's house.
4. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
(a) The work is too difficult for him.
(b) The coal dust is irritating his eyes.
(c) She does not approve of Mr. Hannon.
(d) He is missing school because of work.
5. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Getting consumption.
(b) Dying of typhoid.
(c) Getting gangrene.
(d) Dying of pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
2. Which of the following items does Frank take from Mrs. Finucane?
3. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
4. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
5. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)