|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerry get upset with Frank in Chapter 17?
(a) Frank made fun of Rose.
(b) Frank walked Rose home.
(c) Frank proposed to Rose.
(d) Frank attacked Rose.
2. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
(a) Write threatening letters to her customers.
(b) Walk her dog.
(c) Read to her.
(d) Carry her bags of coal.
3. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Frank should quit school.
(b) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(c) Frank should go home to Angela.
(d) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
4. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Frank was stealing.
(b) Frank was drinking.
(c) Frank was fighting.
(d) Frank was out past his curfew.
5. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
(a) New boots.
(b) A book.
(c) A new drum.
(d) An apple.
6. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is reading inappropriate material.
(b) He is stealing books.
(c) He is making too much noise.
(d) He was eating in the library.
7. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She is begging for charity at churches.
(c) Her dress is ripped.
(d) She had disappeared overnight.
8. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) He squints because of the sun.
(b) He is tired and falling asleep.
(c) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
(d) He blinks to clean his eyes.
9. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
(a) He is smarter than the other children at school.
(b) He is employed.
(c) He is getting older.
(d) He beat up Mikey Molloy.
10. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
(a) For a garage.
(b) Loading coal.
(c) Reading to the elderly.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
11. What does Angela's note to Frank say at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) It urges him to come home.
(b) It says that he should never return to Laman's.
(c) It begs him to go back to work.
(d) It asks him to go find his father.
12. What does Frank do with Mrs. Finucane's ledger?
(a) He gives it to Agnes.
(b) He throws it in the river.
(c) He burns it.
(d) He packs it for America.
13. Which of the following items does Frank take from Mrs. Finucane?
(a) Her bag of potatoes.
(b) Her new candlesticks.
(c) Her fur coat.
(d) Her sherry.
14. Why is Frank fired from the post office?
(a) Frank was losing letters.
(b) Mr. Harrington reports him for bad behavior.
(c) Frank was stealing letters.
(d) Frank was not showing up to work on time.
15. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She never tips the delivery boys.
(b) She has consumption.
(c) There are rumors that she is very mean.
(d) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
2. What does Frank sell for ten pounds in Chapter 17?
3. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
4. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
5. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)