|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items does Frank take from Mrs. Finucane?
(a) Her sherry.
(b) Her new candlesticks.
(c) Her bag of potatoes.
(d) Her fur coat.
2. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
(b) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
(c) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
(d) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
3. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(b) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
(c) Frank should go home to Angela.
(d) Frank should quit school.
4. What does Malachy's letter say to Angela in Chapter 12?
(a) There is more money coming.
(b) He will be home before Christmas.
(c) He is staying in London.
(d) He has lost his job.
5. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
(a) He works in a factory.
(b) He delivers telegrams.
(c) He works in a shop.
(d) He delivers coal.
6. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
(b) Her parents forced her to go to America.
(c) She left town without him saying goodbye.
(d) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
7. Why is Frank fired from the post office?
(a) Frank was not showing up to work on time.
(b) Frank was losing letters.
(c) Mr. Harrington reports him for bad behavior.
(d) Frank was stealing letters.
8. Where is the priest that Frank meets on the boat from?
(b) New York.
9. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
(a) Laman found out Frank stole the bike.
(b) Laman found out about Frank's behavior in school.
(c) Laman won't lend Frank the bike.
(d) Laman took the parts Frank wanted for the bike.
10. How does Frank feed himself at Pat Sheehan's?
(a) He steals food.
(b) He gets a job selling books.
(c) He borrows money from Margaret.
(d) He gets the food from Angela.
11. Why does Mikey call Frank a bastard in Chapter 11?
(a) Frank had relations with a girl at the pub.
(b) Frank's parents were not married when he was born.
(c) Frank's parents were not married for nine months before he was born.
(d) Frank and Mikey had gotten into an argument.
12. What does the Franciscan priest tell Frank about Theresa?
(a) Her spirit is haunting Frank.
(b) She must be in heaven.
(c) She must be in hell.
(d) He doesn't know where her soul ended up.
13. Why does Gerry get upset with Frank in Chapter 17?
(a) Frank made fun of Rose.
(b) Frank attacked Rose.
(c) Frank walked Rose home.
(d) Frank proposed to Rose.
14. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
(a) She is impressed with his reading.
(b) Frank wants to skip a grade level.
(c) He has been stealing books.
(d) He has been misbehaving at school.
15. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(b) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(c) He spends the evening at the pub.
(d) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
2. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
4. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)