|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
(a) At Eason's delivering newspapers.
(b) At the barbership.
(c) At Mrs. O'Connell's shop.
(d) Tutoring students at school.
2. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
(a) A bottle of Guiness.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A new coat.
(d) A half-eaten box of chocolates.
3. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
(a) Agnes' house.
(b) Pat Sheehan's house.
(c) Paddy's house.
(d) Margaret's house.
4. How would Angela feel about Frank's work for Mrs. Finucane?
(a) She would want all of the money.
(b) She would be proud of him.
(c) She would want him to quit school and work full time.
(d) She would not approve.
5. Why does Gerry get upset with Frank in Chapter 17?
(a) Frank attacked Rose.
(b) Frank made fun of Rose.
(c) Frank walked Rose home.
(d) Frank proposed to Rose.
6. What does Frank sometimes do when Mrs. Finucane falls asleep?
(a) Steals her money.
(b) Takes her letters and throws them away.
(c) Reads all of her books.
(d) Leaves to go visit Mikey.
7. Which of the following items does Frank take from Mrs. Finucane?
(a) Her sherry.
(b) Her new candlesticks.
(c) Her fur coat.
(d) Her bag of potatoes.
8. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not approve of Mr. Hannon.
(b) He is missing school because of work.
(c) The coal dust is irritating his eyes.
(d) The work is too difficult for him.
9. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
(a) Mikey's father has the consumption.
(b) Mikey's father leaves his mother.
(c) Mikey's father quits his job.
(d) Mikey's father decides to stop drinking.
10. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
(a) Borrowing it from Laman.
(b) Building one out of junk.
(c) Buying one from Kathleen.
(d) Stealing the bike.
11. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
(a) He has new clothes.
(b) He has put on weight.
(c) Like he had been sick.
(d) Like he had been in a fight.
12. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
(a) It is the only thing he has that does not have holes.
(b) He enjoys cross-dressing.
(c) He washes his clothes and is waiting for them to dry.
(d) He is trying to scare his aunt.
13. What does Angela's note to Frank say at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) It asks him to go find his father.
(b) It urges him to come home.
(c) It begs him to go back to work.
(d) It says that he should never return to Laman's.
14. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Agnes can better provide for the children.
(b) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(c) Frank is misbehaving.
(d) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
15. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
(a) Laman won't lend Frank the bike.
(b) Laman found out Frank stole the bike.
(c) Laman took the parts Frank wanted for the bike.
(d) Laman found out about Frank's behavior in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
3. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
4. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
5. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)