|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Frank is misbehaving.
(b) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
(c) Agnes can better provide for the children.
(d) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
2. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
(a) The Ocean's Guide.
(b) The Sea Merchant.
(c) The Irish Oak.
(d) The American Traveler.
3. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
(a) Laman won't lend Frank the bike.
(b) Laman found out about Frank's behavior in school.
(c) Laman took the parts Frank wanted for the bike.
(d) Laman found out Frank stole the bike.
4. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
(a) It is the only thing he has that does not have holes.
(b) He is trying to scare his aunt.
(c) He washes his clothes and is waiting for them to dry.
(d) He enjoys cross-dressing.
5. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
(a) Margaret's house.
(b) Agnes' house.
(c) Pat Sheehan's house.
(d) Paddy's house.
6. What does Frank find when returning with Mrs. Finucane's sherry?
(a) She has passed away.
(b) She has stolen all of the money.
(c) Her house is on fire.
(d) Angela is missing.
7. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
(a) Stealing the bike.
(b) Building one out of junk.
(c) Buying one from Kathleen.
(d) Borrowing it from Laman.
8. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) He is sick with pneumonia.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He wants to go back to Italy.
(d) His wife died.
9. Why is Frank fired from the post office?
(a) Mr. Harrington reports him for bad behavior.
(b) Frank was not showing up to work on time.
(c) Frank was losing letters.
(d) Frank was stealing letters.
10. What does Frank sell for ten pounds in Chapter 17?
(a) Five bags of coal.
(b) Bread and jam from Angela.
(c) Several new books about Ireland.
(d) Forty copies of page 16.
11. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Frank was stealing.
(b) Frank was fighting.
(c) Frank was drinking.
(d) Frank was out past his curfew.
12. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
(a) Like he had been in a fight.
(b) He has put on weight.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) Like he had been sick.
13. Where is the priest that Frank meets on the boat from?
(a) New York.
14. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Frank should go home to Angela.
(b) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(c) Frank should quit school.
(d) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
15. Why does Frank regret not taking the postal exam?
(a) He could have upgraded his seat on the boat.
(b) He could have supplied food and shoes to his family.
(c) He could have brought Angela with him.
(d) He could have traveled to America sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
2. How would Angela feel about Frank's work for Mrs. Finucane?
3. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following items does Frank take from Mrs. Finucane?
5. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)