|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) An old American western.
(b) A James Cagney movie.
(c) A science fiction thriller.
(d) A Disney cartoon.
2. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) His grandmother's.
(c) The home on Roden Lane.
(d) The land by the river.
3. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She uses a chamber pot.
(b) She has a wart on her face.
(c) She cannnot cook.
(d) She falls down the stairs.
4. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) Angela wants to move there.
(b) He is tired of Ireland.
(c) America has joined the war.
(d) His father is living in England.
5. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He is sick with pneumonia.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He wants to go back to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. What is the name of the ship Frank will take to America?
5. What does the Franciscan priest tell Frank about Theresa?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)