|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(b) She cannot pick them up from school.
(c) The family has no one to watch the children.
(d) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
2. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(b) Frank should quit school.
(c) Frank should go home to Angela.
(d) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
3. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) Because he has been drinking on the job.
(b) He was late to work.
(c) Because Angela came to his work.
(d) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
4. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
(a) He has put on weight.
(b) Like he had been in a fight.
(c) He has new clothes.
(d) Like he had been sick.
5. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Frank was stealing.
(b) Frank was fighting.
(c) Frank was drinking.
(d) Frank was out past his curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
3. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
4. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
5. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)