|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Irish dancing lessons.
(d) Violin lessons.
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(b) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(c) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(d) They cannot afford any groceries.
3. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
(a) He washes his clothes and is waiting for them to dry.
(b) He enjoys cross-dressing.
(c) He is trying to scare his aunt.
(d) It is the only thing he has that does not have holes.
4. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(b) A place where there is no rain.
(c) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(d) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
5. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
(a) He has learned that his parents know he skipped school.
(b) His mother has consumption.
(c) There will be no food at home.
(d) His father found out he went to the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
2. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
3. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
4. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
5. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)