|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(b) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(c) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(d) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
2. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
(a) He ate bad bread.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He has growing pains.
(d) He has pneumonia.
3. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) His mother died.
(b) He is sick with pneumonia.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He wants to go back to Italy.
4. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(a) She is tired of working.
(d) She has gone crazy.
5. How does Frank feed himself at Pat Sheehan's?
(a) He gets a job selling books.
(b) He gets the food from Angela.
(c) He borrows money from Margaret.
(d) He steals food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
2. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
3. What does Frank do with Mrs. Finucane's ledger?
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
5. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)