|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(b) So that he can make his father proud.
(c) So that he could own a factory.
(d) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
3. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
(a) Mickey is a liar.
(b) Mickey is a Protestant.
(c) Mickey looked at dirty pictures.
(d) Mickey is a thief.
4. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(b) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(c) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
5. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
(a) To give him his lunch.
(b) To do his homework.
(c) To look at his naked sister.
(d) To sneak him into the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
2. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
3. What is the Confraternity?
4. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
5. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)