|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
(a) She is relieved that Paddy is alright.
(b) She is happy to see Paddy's family.
(c) She is sad that Paddy's father is ill when she has known him for so long.
(d) She is upset with Frank for skipping school.
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(b) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(c) Frank's grandfather.
(d) Job opportunities up north.
3. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) Angela does not know where the store is.
(b) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(c) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(d) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
4. What does Frank sell for ten pounds in Chapter 17?
(a) Bread and jam from Angela.
(b) Five bags of coal.
(c) Forty copies of page 16.
(d) Several new books about Ireland.
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(c) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(d) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mikey get hurt?
2. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
3. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
4. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
5. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)