|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
(a) She has rheumatic fever.
(b) She has consumption.
(c) She has pneumonia.
(d) She has diphtheria.
2. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money the students collect for the church.
(b) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(c) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(d) Food collected for the charity.
3. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(b) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
(c) Frank is misbehaving.
(d) Agnes can better provide for the children.
4. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Frank was fighting.
(b) Frank was stealing.
(c) Frank was drinking.
(d) Frank was out past his curfew.
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(b) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(c) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
2. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
4. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
5. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)