|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
(a) Write threatening letters to her customers.
(b) Read to her.
(c) Carry her bags of coal.
(d) Walk her dog.
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
(b) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
(c) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
(d) He rushes him to the doctor.
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Irish dancing lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Reading lessons.
4. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
(a) A book.
(b) New boots.
(c) A new drum.
(d) An apple.
5. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) His wife died.
(b) His mother died.
(c) He is sick with pneumonia.
(d) He wants to go back to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
2. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
3. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
4. What does Angela bring Frank in the hospital?
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)