|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(a) South Africa.
2. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
(a) He misses his mother.
(b) He has a dirty diaper.
(c) He is sick with pneumonia.
(d) He is accidentally hit with a piece of coal.
3. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(b) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(c) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(d) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
4. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She falls down the stairs.
(b) She cannnot cook.
(c) She uses a chamber pot.
(d) She has a wart on her face.
5. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
(a) He has put on weight.
(b) He has new clothes.
(c) Like he had been in a fight.
(d) Like he had been sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's new job in Chapter 17?
2. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
3. Why does Frank miss his collection?
4. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
5. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)