|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would always protect their mother.
(b) That they would never drink.
(c) That they would go to work like him.
(d) That they would die for Ireland.
2. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
(a) It is the only thing he has that does not have holes.
(b) He washes his clothes and is waiting for them to dry.
(c) He enjoys cross-dressing.
(d) He is trying to scare his aunt.
3. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
(b) She was in love with another man.
(c) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
(d) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
4. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) On the street.
(b) Inside a homeless shelter.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) In the police barracks.
5. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
(a) To attend his mother's funeral.
(b) To see Frank.
(c) To retire.
(d) For a summer vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
2. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
3. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
5. How does Mikey get hurt?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)