|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
(b) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
(c) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(d) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
2. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(b) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(c) He believes there is work there.
(d) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
3. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
(a) Pat Sheehan's house.
(b) Margaret's house.
(c) Agnes' house.
(d) Paddy's house.
4. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) Margaret and Agnes.
(b) Frank and young Malachy.
(c) No one is allowed to visit her.
(d) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
5. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(b) The body was cremated.
(c) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(d) The body disappeared from the morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
3. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
4. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)