|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank fired from the post office?
(a) Frank was not showing up to work on time.
(b) Frank was losing letters.
(c) Mr. Harrington reports him for bad behavior.
(d) Frank was stealing letters.
2. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
(a) Reading to the elderly.
(b) For a garage.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
(d) Loading coal.
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A pub.
(b) A cement factory.
(c) The butcher's shop.
(d) A potato farm.
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He must have his tonsils removed.
(c) He has broken his arm.
(d) He has gained weight.
5. What does Malachy's letter say to Angela in Chapter 12?
(a) He is staying in London.
(b) He will be home before Christmas.
(c) He has lost his job.
(d) There is more money coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
2. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
3. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
4. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)