|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) Closing them for three days.
(b) Washing them with salt water.
(c) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(d) St. Anthony's spit.
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(b) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(c) He i working late and she is worried.
(d) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
3. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A bottle of Guiness.
(d) A half-eaten box of chocolates.
4. Who is Frank excited to see when he is hospitalized the second time?
(a) Nurse Rita.
(d) Dr. O'Connor.
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(b) They steal money to buy it.
(c) They steal it by causing a distraction.
(d) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
3. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
4. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Frank regret not taking the postal exam?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)