|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malachy's letter say to Angela in Chapter 12?
(a) He will be home before Christmas.
(b) There is more money coming.
(c) He has lost his job.
(d) He is staying in London.
2. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is caught skipping school.
(b) He steals some food from the other children.
(c) He is caught cheating.
(d) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
3. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
(a) With Angela's cousin Laman.
(b) With Malachy's family in Northern Ireland.
(c) With Margaret.
(d) In a shelter.
4. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She was always poor.
(b) She once dated a senator.
(c) She was an excellent dancer.
(d) She was a great student.
5. Where is young Malachy working in Chapter 17?
(a) Delivering newspapers.
(b) For a garage.
(c) Loading coal.
(d) Reading to the elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
2. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
4. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
5. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)