|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
(a) Frank has thrown up his first communion.
(b) The priest has come to visit the family.
(c) The Pope's picture has been left outside in the rain.
(d) Frank has left his prayer book outside.
2. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
(a) Mickey is a Protestant.
(b) Mickey looked at dirty pictures.
(c) Mickey is a liar.
(d) Mickey is a thief.
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On alcohol at the pub.
(b) At the cinema.
(c) On dirty magazines.
(d) At the baseball game.
5. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) Angela wants to move there.
(b) He is tired of Ireland.
(c) His father is living in England.
(d) America has joined the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
2. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
3. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)