|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He is round, like a dot.
(b) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(c) He is small, like a dot.
(d) His middle name is "Dot."
2. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
(a) He dismisses class early.
(b) He brings the boys food.
(c) He likes America.
(d) He sleeps in class.
3. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) America has joined the war.
(b) His father is living in England.
(c) Angela wants to move there.
(d) He is tired of Ireland.
4. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
(a) To show her children where their father is working.
(b) To ask his boss to give her Malachy's wages.
(c) To apply for a job herself.
(d) To visit her husband and bring him lunch.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
(a) To America.
(b) To the pub.
(c) To India.
(d) To work in a factory in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
2. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
3. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
5. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)