|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Job opportunities up north.
(b) Frank's grandfather.
(c) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(d) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) There is less money for the charity to give.
(b) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
3. Why is Angela upset with Frank when he returns from the pub at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Frank was drinking.
(b) Frank was out past his curfew.
(c) Frank was fighting.
(d) Frank was stealing.
4. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
(b) They do not see their fathers.
(c) The children get to go visit their fathers.
(d) The families usually move to England.
5. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) Closing them for three days.
(b) St. Anthony's spit.
(c) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(d) Washing them with salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's new job in Chapter 17?
2. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
3. What does Frank sometimes do when Mrs. Finucane falls asleep?
4. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)