|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
(a) The child is named for Angela's father.
(b) Malachy was drunk and the clerk writing the birth certificate did not understand what he was saying.
(c) The child is given an American name.
(d) Malachy is disgusted by his own name.
2. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) Washing them with salt water.
(b) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(c) Closing them for three days.
(d) St. Anthony's spit.
3. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
(a) He is getting older.
(b) He beat up Mikey Molloy.
(c) He is employed.
(d) He is smarter than the other children at school.
4. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is making too much noise.
(b) He was eating in the library.
(c) He is reading inappropriate material.
(d) He is stealing books.
5. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She never tips the delivery boys.
(b) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
(c) She has consumption.
(d) There are rumors that she is very mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
2. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
3. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
4. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)