|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney passes away.
(b) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(c) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
(d) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
2. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(a) She has gone crazy.
(b) She is tired of working.
3. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
(d) Taking food to Galvin.
4. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(b) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(c) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
5. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She cannnot cook.
(b) She has a wart on her face.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) She uses a chamber pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank miss his collection?
2. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
4. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)