|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To America.
(c) To India.
(d) To work in a factory in England.
2. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
(a) She is upset with Frank for skipping school.
(b) She is sad that Paddy's father is ill when she has known him for so long.
(c) She is happy to see Paddy's family.
(d) She is relieved that Paddy is alright.
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) It is cold outside.
(b) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Taking food to Galvin.
(c) Fetching coal.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
5. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
(b) He is tired and falling asleep.
(c) He blinks to clean his eyes.
(d) He squints because of the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
2. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Mickey die?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)