|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(b) The Beatles.
(c) Beethoven and Mozart.
(d) Classical Irish jigs.
3. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They help Angela with her housework.
(b) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(c) They go work at the Post Office.
(d) They visit their friend Mikey.
4. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(b) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(c) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(d) Frank sells newspapers.
5. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Agnes can better provide for the children.
(b) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(c) Frank is misbehaving.
(d) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mikey get hurt?
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
5. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)