|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(b) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(c) There is less money for the charity to give.
(d) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
2. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(b) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
3. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
(a) He is accidentally hit with a piece of coal.
(b) He misses his mother.
(c) He is sick with pneumonia.
(d) He has a dirty diaper.
4. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) It is cold outside.
5. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(b) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
2. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
3. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
4. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
5. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)