|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She was an excellent dancer.
(b) She once dated a senator.
(c) She was always poor.
(d) She was a great student.
2. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
(a) To become an altar boy.
(b) To volunteer in the church's soup kitchen.
(c) To read a sermon.
(d) His confirmation.
3. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(b) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(c) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(d) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
4. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She uses a chamber pot.
(b) She falls down the stairs.
(c) She has a wart on her face.
(d) She cannnot cook.
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) She cannot pick them up from school.
(b) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(c) The family has no one to watch the children.
(d) Angela is in a terrible mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
2. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
3. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
4. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)