|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) Because Angela came to his work.
(b) Because he has been drinking on the job.
(c) He was late to work.
(d) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
2. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is stealing books.
(b) He is reading inappropriate material.
(c) He was eating in the library.
(d) He is making too much noise.
3. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To give it to Patricia.
(b) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
(c) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
(d) To sell it for food money.
4. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) There is consumption going around.
(c) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(d) It is cold outside.
5. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has not followed the rules in church.
(b) He is too poor.
(c) He is not old enough.
(d) He has bad manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
2. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
4. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
5. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)