|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
(a) Building one out of junk.
(b) Buying one from Kathleen.
(c) Stealing the bike.
(d) Borrowing it from Laman.
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
(b) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
(c) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
(d) He rushes him to the doctor.
3. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
(a) He has conjunctivitis.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He broke his leg.
(d) He has consumption.
4. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(b) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(c) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
(d) He believes there is work there.
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
3. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
4. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
5. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)