|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) He was late to work.
(b) Because Angela came to his work.
(c) Because he has been drinking on the job.
(d) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
2. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy won money gambling.
(b) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(c) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
(d) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
3. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
(a) He is getting older.
(b) He beat up Mikey Molloy.
(c) He is smarter than the other children at school.
(d) He is employed.
4. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(d) He is robbed walking home.
5. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He becomes very ill.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He has puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
5. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)