|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) His father is living in England.
(b) Angela wants to move there.
(c) America has joined the war.
(d) He is tired of Ireland.
2. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(b) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(c) He fights with Frank.
(d) He is kidnapped.
3. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has broken his arm.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He must have his tonsils removed.
(d) He has gained weight.
4. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
(a) At Mrs. O'Connell's shop.
(b) At the barbership.
(c) Tutoring students at school.
(d) At Eason's delivering newspapers.
5. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
(b) Peter beats him up.
(c) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(d) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
3. What does Angela bring Frank in the hospital?
4. What is the Confraternity?
5. What is Paddy's dream?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)