|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(b) Frank's illness.
(c) Their trip to Limerick.
(d) Frank's bad behavior.
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place where there is no rain.
(b) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(c) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(d) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
3. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(b) South Africa.
4. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
(b) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(c) Selling her belongings.
(d) Going to the dispensary.
5. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) The home on Roden Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
2. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
3. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
4. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
5. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)