|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(b) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(c) He spends the evening at the pub.
(d) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
2. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) Her parents forced her to go to America.
(b) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(c) She left town without him saying goodbye.
(d) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
3. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
(b) American History.
4. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
(a) Germany is more powerful than England or France.
(b) The war is profitable for Irish families.
(c) The war is good because the children can be soldiers.
(d) There is better food in Germany.
5. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
(a) New boots.
(b) A new drum.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
2. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
3. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
5. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)