|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He is in a bad fight.
(c) He has typhoid.
(d) He has consumption.
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(b) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(c) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(d) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
3. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
(a) To America.
(b) To work in a factory in England.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To India.
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(b) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(c) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(d) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
5. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
(b) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(c) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(d) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
3. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
5. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)