|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
(a) He is employed.
(b) He is getting older.
(c) He is smarter than the other children at school.
(d) He beat up Mikey Molloy.
2. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
(a) Mr. Hannon cannot get to work at such an early hour.
(b) Mr. Hannon has bad legs.
(c) Mr. Hannon has two much work for one person.
(d) Mr. Hannon would like to share his wealth with Frank.
3. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
(b) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
(c) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
(d) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
4. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
(a) A bottle of Guiness.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A half-eaten box of chocolates.
5. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Selling her belongings.
(b) Going to the dispensary.
(c) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(d) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
2. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
3. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. What does Angela's note to Frank say at the beginning of Chapter 14?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)