|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(d) There is consumption going around.
2. What happens when the family waits for Malachy at the train station?
(a) The train crashes.
(b) They are told that Malachy is not coming home at all.
(c) He does not arrive until the next day.
(d) He arrives early.
3. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has left Paddy's mother.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has consumption.
4. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Frank should quit school.
(b) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(c) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
(d) Frank should go home to Angela.
5. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is very sick.
(b) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
2. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
3. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
4. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)