|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) Frank and young Malachy.
(b) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
(c) Margaret and Agnes.
(d) No one is allowed to visit her.
2. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She falls down the stairs.
(b) She has a wart on her face.
(c) She uses a chamber pot.
(d) She cannnot cook.
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
4. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
(a) To retire.
(b) To see Frank.
(c) To attend his mother's funeral.
(d) For a summer vacation.
5. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He brings his mother to work with him.
(b) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
(c) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(d) He does not know how to do the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
2. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
3. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)