|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Classical Irish jigs.
(b) Beethoven and Mozart.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
2. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
(a) He ate bad bread.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He has growing pains.
(d) He drank too much.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) The family has no one to watch the children.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
4. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
(b) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(c) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
(d) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
5. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
(a) The priest has come to visit the family.
(b) Frank has thrown up his first communion.
(c) The Pope's picture has been left outside in the rain.
(d) Frank has left his prayer book outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
2. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)