|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(b) They cannot afford any groceries.
(c) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(d) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
2. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
(a) Pat Sheehan's house.
(b) Agnes' house.
(c) Paddy's house.
(d) Margaret's house.
3. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has left Paddy's mother.
(b) He works too many hours.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has consumption.
4. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
(a) Mikey's father decides to stop drinking.
(b) Mikey's father has the consumption.
(c) Mikey's father leaves his mother.
(d) Mikey's father quits his job.
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) Malachy did not send any money home.
(b) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(c) The telegram boy was fired.
(d) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Frank miss his collection?
3. How does Mikey get hurt?
4. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
5. Why is Frank hospitalized?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)