|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Join the army in America.
(b) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(c) Play soccer against Britain.
(d) Read the news on the BBC.
2. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is hostile and unkind.
(b) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
(c) She is welcoming.
(d) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
3. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(d) He teases the other boys with it.
4. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "A Modest Proposal."
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(c) "The Tempest."
(d) The Holy Bible.
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(b) He spends the evening at the pub.
(c) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(d) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
2. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
3. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
4. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
5. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)