|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
(b) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(c) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(d) Mr. Timoney passes away.
2. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
(a) Borrowing it from Laman.
(b) Building one out of junk.
(c) Buying one from Kathleen.
(d) Stealing the bike.
3. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) There is too much noise from outside.
(b) The heat does not work.
(c) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(d) The mattress has fleas.
4. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To run away to India.
(b) To travel to China and adopt children.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To start his own business in America.
5. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Beethoven and Mozart.
(b) Classical Irish jigs.
(c) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(d) The Beatles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
2. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
4. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
5. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)