|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(b) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
(c) Paddy won money gambling.
(d) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
2. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
(a) She has rheumatic fever.
(b) She has diphtheria.
(c) She has pneumonia.
(d) She has consumption.
3. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He steals some food from the other children.
(b) He is caught cheating.
(c) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(d) He is caught skipping school.
4. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Getting gangrene.
(b) Dying of pneumonia.
(c) Getting consumption.
(d) Dying of typhoid.
5. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Going to the dispensary.
(b) Selling her belongings.
(c) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(d) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
2. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
3. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
4. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
5. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)