|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Violin lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Gaelic lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
2. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he could own a factory.
(b) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(c) So that he can make his father proud.
(d) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
3. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
(a) Mikey's father decides to stop drinking.
(b) Mikey's father quits his job.
(c) Mikey's father has the consumption.
(d) Mikey's father leaves his mother.
4. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
(a) His mother has consumption.
(b) His father found out he went to the cinema.
(c) There will be no food at home.
(d) He has learned that his parents know he skipped school.
5. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(b) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(c) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(d) Malachy gives Frank some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
2. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
3. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
4. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
5. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)