|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
(a) Frank wants to skip a grade level.
(b) He has been misbehaving at school.
(c) She is impressed with his reading.
(d) He has been stealing books.
2. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) No one is allowed to visit her.
(b) Frank and young Malachy.
(c) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
(d) Margaret and Agnes.
3. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(c) Beethoven and Mozart.
(d) Classical Irish jigs.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
5. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
(a) She does not approve of Mr. Hannon.
(b) He is missing school because of work.
(c) The work is too difficult for him.
(d) The coal dust is irritating his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
2. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
3. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)