|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) Scraps from last night's dinner.
(b) They are not fed.
(c) Potato soup.
(d) Bread and jam.
2. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Agnes can better provide for the children.
(b) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(c) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
(d) Frank is misbehaving.
3. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) The mattress has fleas.
(b) There is too much noise from outside.
(c) The heat does not work.
(d) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
4. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(b) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
(c) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(d) Mr. Timoney passes away.
5. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go to stay in Chapter 13?
2. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
3. Why does Mikey call Frank a bastard in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)