|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) His grandmother's.
(b) The home on Roden Lane.
(c) The land by the river.
(d) Mikey Molloy's house.
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
3. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(b) Peter beats him up.
(c) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
(d) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
4. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) He is tired and falling asleep.
(b) He blinks to clean his eyes.
(c) He squints because of the sun.
(d) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
5. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) No one is allowed to visit her.
(b) Margaret and Agnes.
(c) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
(d) Frank and young Malachy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
2. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
5. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)