|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) At a party in America.
(b) On the boat coming to America.
(c) In Limerick.
(d) In church.
2. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) Beethoven and Mozart.
(c) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(d) Classical Irish jigs.
3. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) The families usually move to England.
(b) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
(c) The children get to go visit their fathers.
(d) They do not see their fathers.
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house was flooded.
(b) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(c) The new house is less expensive.
(d) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
5. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
(b) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
(c) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
(d) She was in love with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
2. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
3. How does Mikey get hurt?
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
5. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)