|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(b) There is too much noise from outside.
(c) The heat does not work.
(d) The mattress has fleas.
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(b) Frank's bad behavior.
(c) Frank's illness.
(d) Their trip to Limerick.
3. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Read the news on the BBC.
(b) Play soccer against Britain.
(c) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(d) Join the army in America.
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy sells his possessions.
(b) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(c) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(d) The family begs on the street.
5. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he could own a factory.
(b) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he can make his father proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
2. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
3. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)