|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To travel to China and adopt children.
(c) To start his own business in America.
(d) To run away to India.
2. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) The body was cremated.
(b) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(c) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(d) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(b) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(c) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(d) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Fetching coal.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
5. Why does Mikey call Frank a bastard in Chapter 11?
(a) Frank's parents were not married when he was born.
(b) Frank and Mikey had gotten into an argument.
(c) Frank had relations with a girl at the pub.
(d) Frank's parents were not married for nine months before he was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What does Malachy look like when he arrives home from England in Chapter 12?
4. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)