|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
(a) A new coat.
(b) A half-eaten box of chocolates.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A bottle of Guiness.
2. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
(b) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
(c) They learned he skipped school.
(d) He was spending time with Paddy.
3. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He is round, like a dot.
(b) He is small, like a dot.
(c) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(d) His middle name is "Dot."
4. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank sells newspapers.
(b) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(c) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(d) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
5. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
(a) The Sarsfield Barracks soldiers.
(b) The officers from the IRA office.
(c) His mother.
(d) Pat Sheehan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
2. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
3. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
4. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
5. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)