|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(b) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(c) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(d) Oliver is very sick.
2. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(b) Food collected for the charity.
(c) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(d) The money the students collect for the church.
3. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
(a) To sneak him into the cinema.
(b) To look at his naked sister.
(c) To give him his lunch.
(d) To do his homework.
4. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) At a party in America.
(b) On the boat coming to America.
(c) In Limerick.
(d) In church.
5. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
(a) Aunt Agnes hit him when he asks for food.
(b) He misses his mother and goes to see her.
(c) He is angry with Frank.
(d) There is no place for him to sleep at Agnes's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
2. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
3. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
4. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)