|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's punishment when he gets into trouble with his money?
(a) He has to work extra hours for his mother.
(b) He is locked in the coal hole with the rats.
(c) He cannot have supper for two days.
(d) He is grounded.
2. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
(a) There are several books missing from Mr. O'Neill's class.
(b) The children are complaining that they have not learned enough science.
(c) Mr. O'Neill should not be teaching fourth graders geometry.
(d) Mr. O'Neill should not be striking the students.
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(b) The body was cremated.
(c) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(d) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
4. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(b) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
5. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A pub.
(b) A potato farm.
(c) The butcher's shop.
(d) A cement factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank miss his collection?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
3. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
4. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
5. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)