|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
(a) He has conjunctivitis.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He broke his leg.
2. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(b) South Africa.
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's illness.
(b) Their trip to Limerick.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Frank's bad behavior.
4. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(b) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
(c) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(d) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
5. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
(b) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(c) Peter beats him up.
(d) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
4. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
5. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)