|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(b) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(c) Mr. Timoney passes away.
(d) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
2. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A James Cagney movie.
(b) A Disney cartoon.
(c) An old American western.
(d) A science fiction thriller.
3. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(b) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(c) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(d) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would always protect their mother.
(b) That they would never drink.
(c) That they would go to work like him.
(d) That they would die for Ireland.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Frank plan to work when he turns fourteen?
(a) For Mrs. O'Connell.
(b) At the post office.
(c) At the pub.
(d) In the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
2. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
3. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
4. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
5. What is Paddy's dream?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)