|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
(a) To become an altar boy.
(b) To read a sermon.
(c) His confirmation.
(d) To volunteer in the church's soup kitchen.
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
(b) He rushes him to the doctor.
(c) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
(d) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
3. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(c) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
(d) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
4. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(b) Read the news on the BBC.
(c) Play soccer against Britain.
(d) Join the army in America.
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) The telegram boy was fired.
(b) Malachy did not send any money home.
(c) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(d) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
2. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
3. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
4. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
5. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)