|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) Scraps from last night's dinner.
(b) Potato soup.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) They are not fed.
2. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She has a wart on her face.
(b) She cannnot cook.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) She uses a chamber pot.
3. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
(a) When Agnes is not around.
(b) When the children have completed their chores.
(c) When he has extra money.
(d) When he is able to steal food.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would die for Ireland.
(b) That they would never drink.
(c) That they would go to work like him.
(d) That they would always protect their mother.
5. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has not followed the rules in church.
(b) He is not old enough.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He has bad manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
2. What does Angela bring Frank in the hospital?
3. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Mr. O'Halloran tell Frank to go?
5. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)