|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
(a) Frank doesn't care about the new baby's name.
(b) That it is "respectful."
(c) That it sounds like a girl's name.
(d) That it is an "affliction."
2. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
(a) With Angela's cousin Laman.
(b) In a shelter.
(c) With Margaret.
(d) With Malachy's family in Northern Ireland.
3. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(b) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He fights with Frank.
4. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
(a) He misses his mother.
(b) He has a dirty diaper.
(c) He is sick with pneumonia.
(d) He is accidentally hit with a piece of coal.
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(b) Job opportunities up north.
(c) Frank's grandfather.
(d) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
2. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
3. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)