|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
(a) Malachy misses his family.
(b) Malachy has been arrested.
(c) Malachy can get better work in Ireland.
(d) Malachy drinks too much.
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) New clothes for the children.
(c) Brother Michael.
(d) A new bag of coal.
3. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is hostile and unkind.
(b) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
(c) She is welcoming.
(d) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
4. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He is in a bad fight.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He has typhoid.
(d) He has pneumonia.
5. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She falls down the stairs.
(b) She has a wart on her face.
(c) She uses a chamber pot.
(d) She cannnot cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
2. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
3. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
4. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)