|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) St. Anthony's spit.
(b) Closing them for three days.
(c) Washing them with salt water.
(d) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
2. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A dancing class.
(c) A religious organization.
(d) A soccer club.
3. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
(a) The war is profitable for Irish families.
(b) The war is good because the children can be soldiers.
(c) There is better food in Germany.
(d) Germany is more powerful than England or France.
4. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(b) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(c) She does not want to be alone.
(d) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(b) Malachy lost his job again.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
2. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
3. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)