|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Frank excited to see when he is hospitalized the second time?
(a) Nurse Rita.
(b) Dr. O'Connor.
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(b) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(c) They cannot afford any groceries.
(d) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
3. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
(b) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(c) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(d) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
4. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) America has joined the war.
(b) His father is living in England.
(c) Angela wants to move there.
(d) He is tired of Ireland.
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
(a) His clothes are always dirty.
(b) He is always fighting with the other boys.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is always asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
2. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
4. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
5. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)