|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) He is tired and falling asleep.
(b) He blinks to clean his eyes.
(c) He squints because of the sun.
(d) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
2. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(b) His middle name is "Dot."
(c) He is small, like a dot.
(d) He is round, like a dot.
3. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) They do not see their fathers.
(b) The families usually move to England.
(c) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
(d) The children get to go visit their fathers.
4. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
(a) He is missing school because of work.
(b) She does not approve of Mr. Hannon.
(c) The work is too difficult for him.
(d) The coal dust is irritating his eyes.
5. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
(a) Mickey looked at dirty pictures.
(b) Mickey is a Protestant.
(c) Mickey is a thief.
(d) Mickey is a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
2. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
3. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)