|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is hostile and unkind.
(b) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
(c) She is welcoming.
(d) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
2. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(b) There isn't enough room for another child.
(c) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
(d) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
3. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) He is not old enough.
(c) He has not followed the rules in church.
(d) He has bad manners.
4. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is put to death.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He has puppies.
5. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) They learned he skipped school.
(b) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
(c) He was spending time with Paddy.
(d) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
2. Who is Frank excited to see when he is hospitalized the second time?
3. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
5. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)