|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(b) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(c) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(d) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
2. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
(b) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(c) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
(d) Peter beats him up.
3. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On dirty magazines.
(b) At the baseball game.
(c) At the cinema.
(d) On alcohol at the pub.
4. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
(a) Germany is more powerful than England or France.
(b) The war is good because the children can be soldiers.
(c) The war is profitable for Irish families.
(d) There is better food in Germany.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
2. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
3. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
5. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)