|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) His clothes are always dirty.
(c) He is always fighting with the other boys.
(d) He is always asking questions.
2. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(b) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(c) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(b) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(c) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(d) The body was cremated.
4. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
(a) He was looking for better job opportunities.
(b) He is wanted for crimes committed while fighting for the IRA.
(c) He wanted to meet Angela.
(d) He wanted to escape the weather of Ireland.
5. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(c) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(d) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
3. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
4. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)