|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
(d) American History.
2. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
(a) That it sounds like a girl's name.
(b) That it is an "affliction."
(c) That it is "respectful."
(d) Frank doesn't care about the new baby's name.
3. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(c) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
4. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) A bag of coal.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
5. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
(b) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
(c) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(d) Peter beats him up.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
2. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
3. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
4. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)