|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
(a) To read a sermon.
(b) To volunteer in the church's soup kitchen.
(c) To become an altar boy.
(d) His confirmation.
2. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) They are not fed.
(b) Potato soup.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) Scraps from last night's dinner.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would go to work like him.
(b) That they would die for Ireland.
(c) That they would never drink.
(d) That they would always protect their mother.
4. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(b) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(c) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
(d) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
5. What does Angela bring Frank in the hospital?
(a) Bread and jam.
(b) Dirty magazines.
(c) A map of Ireland.
(d) A chocolate bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
2. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
3. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)