|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
(b) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(c) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
(d) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
2. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) Bread and jam.
(b) Scraps from last night's dinner.
(c) They are not fed.
(d) Potato soup.
3. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He is in a bad fight.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has typhoid.
4. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
(a) He dismisses class early.
(b) He brings the boys food.
(c) He likes America.
(d) He sleeps in class.
5. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
(a) To give him his lunch.
(b) To look at his naked sister.
(c) To sneak him into the cinema.
(d) To do his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
2. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
3. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
4. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
5. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)