|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(b) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(c) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(d) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
2. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Irish dancing lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Gaelic lessons.
3. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) Peter beats him up.
(b) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
(c) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(d) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On dirty magazines.
(b) At the baseball game.
(c) At the cinema.
(d) On alcohol at the pub.
5. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
(a) He forgot to confess that he stole some bread.
(b) He has to thank the priest for taking his confession.
(c) His grandmother wants to send her love.
(d) He has to ask whether to use holy water or regular water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
5. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)