|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) They are not fed.
(b) Potato soup.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) Scraps from last night's dinner.
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(b) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(c) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(b) The body was cremated.
(c) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(d) The body disappeared from the morgue.
4. Why is Frank hospitalized?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) He has appendicitis.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has typhoid.
5. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He fights with Frank.
(d) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
2. What is the Confraternity?
3. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
4. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
5. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)