|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(b) The new house is less expensive.
(c) The old house was flooded.
(d) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(b) He i working late and she is worried.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(b) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) It is cold outside.
4. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(b) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(c) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(d) The body was cremated.
5. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Malachy gives Frank some money.
(b) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(c) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(d) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
2. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
3. What is Paddy's dream?
4. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
5. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)