|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
2. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
(a) He wanted to meet Angela.
(b) He is wanted for crimes committed while fighting for the IRA.
(c) He was looking for better job opportunities.
(d) He wanted to escape the weather of Ireland.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would die for Ireland.
(b) That they would always protect their mother.
(c) That they would go to work like him.
(d) That they would never drink.
4. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They go work at the Post Office.
(b) They visit their friend Mikey.
(c) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(d) They help Angela with her housework.
5. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) They cannot afford any groceries.
(b) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(c) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(d) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
2. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
4. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
5. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)