|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) Angela does not know where the store is.
(b) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(c) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(d) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
2. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To travel to China and adopt children.
(b) To start his own business in America.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To run away to India.
3. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
(a) Frank has left his prayer book outside.
(b) Frank has thrown up his first communion.
(c) The Pope's picture has been left outside in the rain.
(d) The priest has come to visit the family.
4. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
(a) Malachy was drunk and the clerk writing the birth certificate did not understand what he was saying.
(b) The child is named for Angela's father.
(c) The child is given an American name.
(d) Malachy is disgusted by his own name.
5. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) A bag of coal.
(c) A bag of potatoes.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
2. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
3. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
4. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
5. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)