|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
(a) Malachy misses his family.
(b) Malachy drinks too much.
(c) Malachy has been arrested.
(d) Malachy can get better work in Ireland.
2. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A potato farm.
(b) The butcher's shop.
(c) A cement factory.
(d) A pub.
3. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(b) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is depressed because Margaret died.
4. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) Closing them for three days.
(b) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(c) St. Anthony's spit.
(d) Washing them with salt water.
5. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They go work at the Post Office.
(b) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(c) They visit their friend Mikey.
(d) They help Angela with her housework.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
2. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
3. What is Paddy's dream?
4. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)