|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) A new bag of coal.
(b) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(c) New clothes for the children.
(d) Brother Michael.
2. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A religious organization.
(c) A dancing class.
(d) A soccer club.
3. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(b) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(c) The telegram boy was fired.
(d) Malachy did not send any money home.
4. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(c) There is less money for the charity to give.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
5. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) He has come to the wrong office.
(b) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
(c) The IRA is all out of money.
(d) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
3. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
4. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)