|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
2. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(b) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(c) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(d) Malachy gives Frank some money.
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(b) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
4. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
(a) His mother.
(b) The officers from the IRA office.
(c) Pat Sheehan.
(d) The Sarsfield Barracks soldiers.
5. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A Disney cartoon.
(b) A James Cagney movie.
(c) An old American western.
(d) A science fiction thriller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
2. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
5. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)