|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He has typhoid.
(b) He is in a bad fight.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He has pneumonia.
2. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money the students collect for the church.
(b) Food collected for the charity.
(c) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(d) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
3. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(b) Frank sells newspapers.
(c) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(d) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
4. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) They are not fed.
(b) Bread and jam.
(c) Potato soup.
(d) Scraps from last night's dinner.
5. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
(a) His mother has consumption.
(b) His father found out he went to the cinema.
(c) There will be no food at home.
(d) He has learned that his parents know he skipped school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
2. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
3. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
4. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
5. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)