|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(b) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(c) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(d) The IRA is completely out of money.
2. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(b) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
(c) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(d) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
3. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
(a) Mr. O'Neill should not be striking the students.
(b) Mr. O'Neill should not be teaching fourth graders geometry.
(c) The children are complaining that they have not learned enough science.
(d) There are several books missing from Mr. O'Neill's class.
4. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) America has joined the war.
(b) He is tired of Ireland.
(c) Angela wants to move there.
(d) His father is living in England.
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank sold the food.
(b) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
(c) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
(d) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
2. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
3. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)