|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) It is cold outside.
(b) There is consumption going around.
(c) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(d) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
2. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Read the news on the BBC.
(b) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(c) Join the army in America.
(d) Play soccer against Britain.
3. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
(b) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(c) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
(d) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
4. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(b) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(c) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(d) She does not want to be alone.
5. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) Inside a homeless shelter.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the police barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
2. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
4. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
5. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)