|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(b) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(b) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(c) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house was flooded.
(b) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(c) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(d) The new house is less expensive.
4. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He fights with Frank.
(d) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
(a) He is always asking questions.
(b) He is always fighting with the other boys.
(c) His clothes are always dirty.
(d) He cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
2. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
3. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
4. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)