|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
(a) She has rheumatic fever.
(b) She has diphtheria.
(c) She has pneumonia.
(d) She has consumption.
2. Who is Frank excited to see when he is hospitalized the second time?
(a) Nurse Rita.
(d) Dr. O'Connor.
3. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney passes away.
(b) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(c) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
(d) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
4. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He becomes very ill.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is put to death.
5. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She does not want to be alone.
(b) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(c) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(d) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
2. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
3. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
4. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)