|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
(a) Malachy misses his family.
(b) Malachy drinks too much.
(c) Malachy can get better work in Ireland.
(d) Malachy has been arrested.
2. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(b) Frank sold the food.
(c) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
(d) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
3. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
4. How does Mikey get hurt?
(a) The drainpipe he is on collapses, and he breaks his shoulder.
(b) Peter beats him up.
(c) He trips and falls into the river, breaking his arm.
(d) He twists his ankle running away from Peter's mother.
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the cinema.
(b) On dirty magazines.
(c) At the baseball game.
(d) On alcohol at the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
2. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
3. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
4. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
5. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)