|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(b) He is round, like a dot.
(c) His middle name is "Dot."
(d) He is small, like a dot.
2. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(b) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) She cannot pick them up from school.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) The family has no one to watch the children.
(d) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
4. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) Food collected for the charity.
(b) The money the students collect for the church.
(c) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(d) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) The family begs on the street.
(b) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(c) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(d) Malachy sells his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
3. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)