|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
(b) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(c) Frank sold the food.
(d) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
2. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(b) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(c) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(d) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
3. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(b) Frank sells newspapers.
(c) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(d) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
4. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
(a) She is happy to see Paddy's family.
(b) She is relieved that Paddy is alright.
(c) She is sad that Paddy's father is ill when she has known him for so long.
(d) She is upset with Frank for skipping school.
5. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
(a) To sneak him into the cinema.
(b) To look at his naked sister.
(c) To give him his lunch.
(d) To do his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why is Frank hospitalized?
3. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
5. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)