|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) Inside a homeless shelter.
(b) On the street.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) In the police barracks.
2. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A bag of potatoes.
(c) A bag of coal.
(d) Five pounds.
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A potato farm.
(b) The butcher's shop.
(c) A pub.
(d) A cement factory.
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(c) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(d) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
5. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) In church.
(b) In Limerick.
(c) At a party in America.
(d) On the boat coming to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
4. Why does Frank miss his collection?
5. What is Paddy's dream?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)