|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
(a) His clothes are always dirty.
(b) He cannot read.
(c) He is always fighting with the other boys.
(d) He is always asking questions.
2. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(b) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
3. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(b) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
(c) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(d) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(b) Job opportunities up north.
(c) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(d) Frank's grandfather.
5. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A Disney cartoon.
(b) An old American western.
(c) A science fiction thriller.
(d) A James Cagney movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
2. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
3. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
4. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
5. What is Paddy's dream?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)