|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(b) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He is robbed walking home.
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) He throws it away.
(b) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(c) He teases the other boys with it.
(d) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
3. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
(a) Mr. O'Neill should not be striking the students.
(b) The children are complaining that they have not learned enough science.
(c) Mr. O'Neill should not be teaching fourth graders geometry.
(d) There are several books missing from Mr. O'Neill's class.
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) He is fighting with Frank.
(b) He is urinating against a wall instead of using the chamber pot.
(c) He comes home late.
(d) He steals bread from school.
5. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank sells newspapers.
(b) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(c) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(d) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
3. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
4. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)