|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) He was spending time with Paddy.
(b) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
(c) They learned he skipped school.
(d) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
2. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He is not old enough.
(b) He has bad manners.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He has not followed the rules in church.
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(b) The body was cremated.
(c) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(d) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
4. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(b) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(c) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(d) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
5. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
(a) He was looking for better job opportunities.
(b) He wanted to meet Angela.
(c) He is wanted for crimes committed while fighting for the IRA.
(d) He wanted to escape the weather of Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
2. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
3. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)