|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
(a) His grandmother wants to send her love.
(b) He has to thank the priest for taking his confession.
(c) He forgot to confess that he stole some bread.
(d) He has to ask whether to use holy water or regular water.
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
(d) He teases the other boys with it.
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(b) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(c) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
(d) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
4. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Irish dancing lessons.
(b) Gaelic lessons.
(c) Reading lessons.
(d) Violin lessons.
5. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A cement factory.
(b) The butcher's shop.
(c) A potato farm.
(d) A pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
5. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)