|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) Inside a homeless shelter.
(b) In the police barracks.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) On the street.
2. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(b) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
3. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
(b) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
(c) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(d) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
4. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(b) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(c) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(d) They cannot afford any groceries.
5. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He is put to death.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
2. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
3. Why does Frank miss his collection?
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
5. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)