|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
2. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "The Tempest."
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(c) "A Modest Proposal."
(d) The Holy Bible.
3. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(b) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(c) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(d) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
4. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) They learned he skipped school.
(b) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
(c) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
(d) He was spending time with Paddy.
5. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
(b) He believes there is work there.
(c) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(d) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank miss his collection?
2. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
3. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
4. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)