|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He is put to death.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He runs away.
2. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
(a) Mickey is a Protestant.
(b) Mickey is a thief.
(c) Mickey looked at dirty pictures.
(d) Mickey is a liar.
3. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(b) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
4. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) In Limerick.
(b) At a party in America.
(c) On the boat coming to America.
(d) In church.
5. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He is robbed walking home.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(d) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
2. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
3. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
4. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
5. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)