|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(b) Food collected for the charity.
(c) The money the students collect for the church.
(d) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
2. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has left Paddy's mother.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He works too many hours.
3. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She was a great student.
(b) She was an excellent dancer.
(c) She was always poor.
(d) She once dated a senator.
4. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(b) Oliver is very sick.
(c) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(d) Frank has become tired of the stories.
5. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) An old American western.
(b) A science fiction thriller.
(c) A James Cagney movie.
(d) A Disney cartoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
2. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
4. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
5. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)