|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(b) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(c) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(d) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He i working late and she is worried.
(b) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(c) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
3. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "Gulliver's Travels."
(b) The Holy Bible.
(c) "The Tempest."
(d) "A Modest Proposal."
4. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(b) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
(c) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(d) There isn't enough room for another child.
5. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(d) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
2. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
4. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)