|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) His middle name is "Dot."
(b) He is small, like a dot.
(c) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(d) He is round, like a dot.
2. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(b) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
(c) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(d) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
3. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) The heat does not work.
(b) There is too much noise from outside.
(c) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(d) The mattress has fleas.
4. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "Gulliver's Travels."
(b) The Holy Bible.
(c) "The Tempest."
(d) "A Modest Proposal."
5. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(b) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Oliver is very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
4. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
5. Why does Mickey die?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)