|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
(a) She is upset with Frank for skipping school.
(b) She is sad that Paddy's father is ill when she has known him for so long.
(c) She is relieved that Paddy is alright.
(d) She is happy to see Paddy's family.
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(b) He i working late and she is worried.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) He is fighting with Frank.
(b) He is urinating against a wall instead of using the chamber pot.
(c) He steals bread from school.
(d) He comes home late.
5. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(b) His middle name is "Dot."
(c) He is round, like a dot.
(d) He is small, like a dot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mickey die?
2. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
3. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
4. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)