|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's illness.
(b) Their trip to Limerick.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Frank's bad behavior.
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He i working late and she is worried.
(b) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(c) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(d) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
(b) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(c) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
(d) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
4. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He has left Paddy's mother.
(d) He works too many hours.
5. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A bag of potatoes.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) A bag of coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
3. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
4. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)