|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(b) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(c) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's bad behavior.
(b) Their trip to Limerick.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Frank's illness.
3. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
(b) He was spending time with Paddy.
(c) They learned he skipped school.
(d) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house was flooded.
(b) The new house is less expensive.
(c) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(d) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
5. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He is in a bad fight.
(d) He has typhoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
3. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
5. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)