|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(b) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) He i working late and she is worried.
2. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
(b) Frank sold the food.
(c) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(d) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(b) The body disappeared from the morgue.
(c) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(d) The body was cremated.
4. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) At a party in America.
(b) In Limerick.
(c) In church.
(d) On the boat coming to America.
5. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
(a) Malachy is disgusted by his own name.
(b) The child is named for Angela's father.
(c) Malachy was drunk and the clerk writing the birth certificate did not understand what he was saying.
(d) The child is given an American name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
2. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
3. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)