|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(b) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(c) The IRA is completely out of money.
(d) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(b) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(c) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(d) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
3. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
4. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(c) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(d) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
5. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He works too many hours.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has left Paddy's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
2. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Frank concerned for Mickey's soul?
4. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)