|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Their trip to Limerick.
(b) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(c) Frank's bad behavior.
(d) Frank's illness.
2. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She was always poor.
(b) She was an excellent dancer.
(c) She once dated a senator.
(d) She was a great student.
3. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
(a) Frank has left his prayer book outside.
(b) The Pope's picture has been left outside in the rain.
(c) The priest has come to visit the family.
(d) Frank has thrown up his first communion.
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(b) He i working late and she is worried.
(c) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
5. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A dancing class.
(c) A religious organization.
(d) A soccer club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
2. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
3. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
4. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
5. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)