|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
(b) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(c) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(d) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is less expensive.
(b) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(c) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(d) The old house was flooded.
3. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) New clothes for the children.
(d) A new bag of coal.
4. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(b) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(c) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(d) Frank sells newspapers.
5. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(b) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place where there is no rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
2. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
3. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
4. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)