|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(b) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(c) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
2. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
(a) That it is "respectful."
(b) Frank doesn't care about the new baby's name.
(c) That it is an "affliction."
(d) That it sounds like a girl's name.
3. What is the Confraternity?
(a) A soccer club.
(b) An employment agency.
(c) A religious organization.
(d) A dancing class.
4. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) On the boat coming to America.
(b) In church.
(c) In Limerick.
(d) At a party in America.
5. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) There is less money for the charity to give.
(c) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(d) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
3. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
4. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)