|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A Disney cartoon.
(b) A James Cagney movie.
(c) An old American western.
(d) A science fiction thriller.
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Job opportunities up north.
(b) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(c) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(d) Frank's grandfather.
3. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(b) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(c) He i working late and she is worried.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
4. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money the students collect for the church.
(b) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(c) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(d) Food collected for the charity.
5. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has left Paddy's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
3. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
4. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
5. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)