|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(b) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
(c) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
(d) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
2. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(b) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
3. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(b) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is depressed because Margaret died.
4. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) His middle name is "Dot."
(b) He is round, like a dot.
(c) He is small, like a dot.
(d) He has a large birthmark on his face.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
2. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What is the Confraternity?
4. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)