|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
(a) He wanted to escape the weather of Ireland.
(b) He is wanted for crimes committed while fighting for the IRA.
(c) He was looking for better job opportunities.
(d) He wanted to meet Angela.
2. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) He steals bread from school.
(b) He comes home late.
(c) He is urinating against a wall instead of using the chamber pot.
(d) He is fighting with Frank.
3. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(b) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(c) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(d) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
4. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) Because Angela came to his work.
(b) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
(c) Because he has been drinking on the job.
(d) He was late to work.
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(b) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(c) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
2. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
3. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
4. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
5. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)