|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
(b) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(c) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(d) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
2. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
(b) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
(c) She was in love with another man.
(d) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
3. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(b) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(b) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(c) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(d) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
5. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(b) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
(c) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(d) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
2. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
3. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)