|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He is robbed walking home.
(b) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
(c) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(d) He is fired.
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) He throws it away.
(b) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(c) He teases the other boys with it.
(d) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
3. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) He believes there is work there.
(b) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(c) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
(d) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
4. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A Disney cartoon.
(b) An old American western.
(c) A science fiction thriller.
(d) A James Cagney movie.
5. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To run away to India.
(b) To start his own business in America.
(c) To travel to China and adopt children.
(d) To become a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
5. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)