|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Frank's grandfather.
(b) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(c) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(d) Job opportunities up north.
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(b) Malachy lost his job again.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(b) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(c) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(d) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(b) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(c) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
2. What is the Confraternity?
3. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)