|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) Food collected for the charity.
(b) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(c) The money the students collect for the church.
(d) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place where there is no rain.
(b) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(c) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(d) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
3. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(b) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(c) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(d) He is not feeling well.
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(b) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
5. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
(a) To ask his boss to give her Malachy's wages.
(b) To visit her husband and bring him lunch.
(c) To apply for a job herself.
(d) To show her children where their father is working.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)