|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Frank's grandfather.
(b) Job opportunities up north.
(c) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(d) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
2. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(b) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(c) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(d) Malachy gives Frank some money.
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(b) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(c) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(d) She is in love with one of the doctors.
4. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(c) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) The family begs on the street.
(b) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(c) Malachy sells his possessions.
(d) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
3. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
4. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
5. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)