|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He is robbed walking home.
(b) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
(c) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(d) He is fired.
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Fetching coal.
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(b) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
4. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) At a party in America.
(b) In Limerick.
(c) On the boat coming to America.
(d) In church.
5. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(b) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(c) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)