|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has gained weight.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He must have his tonsils removed.
(d) He has broken his arm.
2. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(b) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(c) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(d) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
3. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(b) Frank sold the food.
(c) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
(d) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(d) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)