|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) He believes there is work there.
(b) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(c) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(d) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(c) A place where there is no rain.
(d) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
3. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(b) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(c) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
4. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) He has come to the wrong office.
(b) The IRA is all out of money.
(c) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
(d) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
5. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(b) The body was cremated.
(c) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(d) The body disappeared from the morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
2. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
3. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
4. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)