|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(b) Malachy gives Frank some money.
(c) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(d) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
2. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank sold the food.
(b) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
(c) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(d) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
3. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A science fiction thriller.
(b) An old American western.
(c) A Disney cartoon.
(d) A James Cagney movie.
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
(a) He forgot to confess that he stole some bread.
(b) His grandmother wants to send her love.
(c) He has to thank the priest for taking his confession.
(d) He has to ask whether to use holy water or regular water.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
3. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)