|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(b) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(c) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(d) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) A new bag of coal.
(d) New clothes for the children.
3. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To start his own business in America.
(b) To travel to China and adopt children.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To run away to India.
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(b) He i working late and she is worried.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
5. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(b) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
2. What is the Confraternity?
3. Why is Angela and Malachy's first born son not named after his father?
4. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
5. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)