|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(b) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's bad behavior.
(b) Frank's illness.
(c) Their trip to Limerick.
(d) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(b) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(c) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(d) The IRA is completely out of money.
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(c) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(d) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
5. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(b) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(c) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(d) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
5. Why does Frank miss his collection?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)