|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) She cannot pick them up from school.
(c) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(d) The family has no one to watch the children.
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(b) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(c) The new house is less expensive.
(d) The old house was flooded.
3. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He fights with Frank.
(b) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(c) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(d) He is kidnapped.
4. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
(b) He rushes him to the doctor.
(c) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
(d) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
5. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A dancing class.
(c) A soccer club.
(d) A religious organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
2. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
3. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
4. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
5. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)