|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank lost his prayerbook.
2. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
(b) The IRA is all out of money.
(c) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
(d) He has come to the wrong office.
3. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To start his own business in America.
(b) To become a doctor.
(c) To travel to China and adopt children.
(d) To run away to India.
4. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(b) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(c) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
5. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(b) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(c) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(d) Malachy gives Frank some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
2. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
3. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
5. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)