|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(b) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(c) Malachy lost his job again.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
2. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(b) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(b) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(c) They cannot afford any groceries.
(d) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
4. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
(b) He was late to work.
(c) Because Angela came to his work.
(d) Because he has been drinking on the job.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
3. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
5. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)