|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Delivering newspapers.
(d) Cooking dinner.
2. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(b) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(c) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(d) She is depressed because Margaret died.
3. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place where there is no rain.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
4. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
(a) To visit her husband and bring him lunch.
(b) To apply for a job herself.
(c) To ask his boss to give her Malachy's wages.
(d) To show her children where their father is working.
5. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(c) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(d) She is in love with one of the doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
2. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
3. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
4. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
5. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)