|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(b) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(c) Angela does not know where the store is.
(d) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
2. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She does not want to be alone.
(b) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(c) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(d) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(b) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
(c) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(d) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(b) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(c) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(d) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
5. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place where there is no rain.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)