|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(b) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(c) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(b) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(c) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
3. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(b) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
4. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(b) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(c) The money the students collect for the church.
(d) Food collected for the charity.
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He i working late and she is worried.
(b) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(c) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(d) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
4. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
5. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)