|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) There is too much noise from outside.
(b) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(c) The heat does not work.
(d) The mattress has fleas.
2. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(b) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(c) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(d) Oliver is very sick.
3. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(b) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(c) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(d) She does not want to be alone.
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(b) The IRA is completely out of money.
(c) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(d) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(b) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(c) Job opportunities up north.
(d) Frank's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)