|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(b) The money the students collect for the church.
(c) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(d) Food collected for the charity.
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place where there is no rain.
3. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) A new bag of coal.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(d) New clothes for the children.
4. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
(b) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
(c) He rushes him to the doctor.
(d) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(b) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
2. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)