|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
2. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) The family has no one to watch the children.
(b) She cannot pick them up from school.
(c) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(d) Angela is in a terrible mood.
3. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) There is too much noise from outside.
(b) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(c) The mattress has fleas.
(d) The heat does not work.
4. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) An old American western.
(b) A Disney cartoon.
(c) A science fiction thriller.
(d) A James Cagney movie.
5. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(b) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(c) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(d) She does not want to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
2. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
3. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
4. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)