|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has not followed the rules in church.
(b) He is not old enough.
(c) He has bad manners.
(d) He is too poor.
2. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is very sick.
(b) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
3. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
(b) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
(c) The IRA is all out of money.
(d) He has come to the wrong office.
4. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He is caught cheating.
(c) He is caught skipping school.
(d) He steals some food from the other children.
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
2. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
4. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)