|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(b) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(c) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(d) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(b) There is less money for the charity to give.
(c) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
3. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy sells his possessions.
(b) The family begs on the street.
(c) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(d) Malachy finds a temporary job.
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has broken his arm.
(b) He has gained weight.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He must have his tonsils removed.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He is caught skipping school.
(c) He is caught cheating.
(d) He steals some food from the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
4. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
5. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)