|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(b) She is depressed because Margaret died.
(c) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(d) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
2. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
(a) He spends all of the wages on alcohol.
(b) He is robbed walking home.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He spends all of the wages on new clothes for the children.
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(b) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(c) The old house was flooded.
(d) The new house is less expensive.
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(b) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(c) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(d) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(b) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(c) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
2. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
5. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)