|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
(a) He is wanted for crimes committed while fighting for the IRA.
(b) He wanted to escape the weather of Ireland.
(c) He was looking for better job opportunities.
(d) He wanted to meet Angela.
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) In Limerick.
(b) At a party in America.
(c) On the boat coming to America.
(d) In church.
3. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(b) They are wearing girls' boots.
(c) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(d) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
4. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is caught cheating.
(b) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(c) He is caught skipping school.
(d) He steals some food from the other children.
5. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(b) He believes there is work there.
(c) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(d) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
2. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
3. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
4. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
5. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)