|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) New clothes for the children.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) A new bag of coal.
(d) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
2. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(b) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
(c) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
(d) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
3. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(b) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(c) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(d) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
4. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) The heat does not work.
(b) The mattress has fleas.
(c) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(d) There is too much noise from outside.
5. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
(a) To ask his boss to give her Malachy's wages.
(b) To apply for a job herself.
(c) To show her children where their father is working.
(d) To visit her husband and bring him lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
4. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)