|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
(b) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(c) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
(d) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(b) They cannot afford any groceries.
(c) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(d) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
3. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He is caught skipping school.
(c) He is caught cheating.
(d) He steals some food from the other children.
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(b) The IRA is completely out of money.
(c) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(d) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
5. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(b) Oliver is very sick.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
2. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
5. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)