|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(b) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(c) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(d) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
2. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
(b) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(c) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
(d) He believes there is work there.
3. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) In Limerick.
(b) In church.
(c) On the boat coming to America.
(d) At a party in America.
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house was flooded.
(b) The new house is less expensive.
(c) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(d) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
2. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
3. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
4. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
5. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)