|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He fights with Frank.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(d) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
2. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(b) A place where there is no rain.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
3. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
(b) There isn't enough room for another child.
(c) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(d) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
4. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(b) South Africa.
5. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In the police barracks.
(c) Inside a homeless shelter.
(d) On the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
2. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
3. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
4. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
5. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)