|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
(a) She is miserable because she misses Ireland.
(b) She is sad because Malachy cannot hold down a job.
(c) She is depressed because Malachy is an alcoholic.
(d) She is depressed because Margaret died.
2. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) He has come to the wrong office.
(b) The IRA is all out of money.
(c) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
(d) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
3. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(b) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He fights with Frank.
4. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(b) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
5. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(b) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(c) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
(d) There isn't enough room for another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
3. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
4. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
5. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)