|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He fights with Frank.
(b) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(c) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(d) He is kidnapped.
2. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
(b) The IRA is all out of money.
(c) He has come to the wrong office.
(d) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
3. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(b) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(c) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(d) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
4. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) A new bag of coal.
(b) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(c) Brother Michael.
(d) New clothes for the children.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
2. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
5. Why does Angela slide into a deep depression?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)