|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachy believe he lost his job?
(a) He was late to work.
(b) Because he has been drinking on the job.
(c) He was not able to perform the duties of the job.
(d) Because Angela came to his work.
2. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) The mattress has fleas.
(b) The heat does not work.
(c) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(d) There is too much noise from outside.
3. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place where there is no rain.
(b) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(c) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(d) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
4. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(b) There isn't enough room for another child.
(c) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(d) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
5. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He fights with Frank.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(d) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
2. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
4. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)