|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) In church.
(b) In Limerick.
(c) On the boat coming to America.
(d) At a party in America.
2. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(b) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(c) There isn't enough room for another child.
(d) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
3. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is caught cheating.
(b) He steals some food from the other children.
(c) He is caught skipping school.
(d) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(b) Malachy sells his possessions.
(c) The family begs on the street.
(d) Malachy finds a temporary job.
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
3. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
4. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
5. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)