|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(b) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(c) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(d) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
2. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(d) He fights with Frank.
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) They cannot afford any groceries.
(b) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(c) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(d) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
4. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(b) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(c) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(d) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
5. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A potato farm.
(b) A cement factory.
(c) A pub.
(d) The butcher's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
5. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)