|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(b) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(c) The old house was flooded.
(d) The new house is less expensive.
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(b) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(c) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The IRA is completely out of money.
(b) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(c) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(d) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
4. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) New clothes for the children.
(b) A new bag of coal.
(c) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(d) Brother Michael.
5. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) The mattress has fleas.
(b) The heat does not work.
(c) There is too much noise from outside.
(d) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)