|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(c) South Africa.
2. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(b) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He fights with Frank.
3. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(b) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(c) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(d) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
4. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) There isn't enough room for another child.
(b) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(c) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(d) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
5. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(b) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(c) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
2. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
5. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)