|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela go to Malachy's job?
(a) To visit her husband and bring him lunch.
(b) To apply for a job herself.
(c) To show her children where their father is working.
(d) To ask his boss to give her Malachy's wages.
2. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(a) South Africa.
3. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) Inside a homeless shelter.
(b) In the police barracks.
(c) On the street.
(d) At a friend's house.
4. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) They cannot afford any groceries.
(b) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(c) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(d) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
5. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place where there is no rain.
(b) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(c) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(d) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
2. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
4. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
5. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)