|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
(a) At a party in America.
(b) On the boat coming to America.
(c) In church.
(d) In Limerick.
2. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is less expensive.
(b) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(c) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(d) The old house was flooded.
3. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(b) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(c) She does not want to be alone.
(d) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
4. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is very sick.
(b) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(c) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(d) Frank has become tired of the stories.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He steals some food from the other children.
(c) He is caught cheating.
(d) He is caught skipping school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
5. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)