|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(b) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(c) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(d) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) New clothes for the children.
(b) A new bag of coal.
(c) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(d) Brother Michael.
3. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In the police barracks.
(c) Inside a homeless shelter.
(d) On the street.
4. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
(a) The body was cremated.
(b) Malachy sold her body for drink money.
(c) Margaret was given a proper Catholic burial.
(d) The body disappeared from the morgue.
5. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place where there is no rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
2. When Malachy gets a job, what happens the third week he is supposed to bring home the wages?
3. Where does Malachy meet Angela?
4. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)