|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(b) They are wearing girls' boots.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
2. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(b) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
3. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(b) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(c) He i working late and she is worried.
(d) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
4. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
(a) He gives the boy a drink of beer to clear his sinuses.
(b) He and Angela take the boy to church to be blessed.
(c) He rushes him to the doctor.
(d) He sucks the mucus out of his nose so that he can breathe.
5. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) There is less money for the charity to give.
(c) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(d) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
2. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
5. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)