|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) The IRA is all out of money.
(b) He has come to the wrong office.
(c) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
(d) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(b) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(c) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(d) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
3. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(b) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(c) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(d) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
4. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
(a) She wants to get Malachy's dole before he can spend it all on alcohol.
(b) She wants to see how much money he is getting.
(c) Malachy has forgotten to collect his dole in the past.
(d) She does not want to be alone.
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
3. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)