|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy sells his possessions.
(b) The family begs on the street.
(c) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(d) Malachy finds a temporary job.
2. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(b) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(c) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The IRA is completely out of money.
(b) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
(c) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(d) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The old house was flooded.
(b) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(c) The new house is less expensive.
(d) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(b) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(c) Angela does not know where the store is.
(d) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
2. What does Tommy Flynn say happened to Margaret's body?
3. Frank's father, Malachy, originally comes to America for what reason?
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
5. Where were both of Frank's parents born?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)