Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He becomes very ill.
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(b) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(c) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
(d) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
3. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(b) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(c) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
4. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
(b) To give it to Patricia.
(c) To sell it for food money.
(d) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
5. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(b) They are wearing girls' boots.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gerry get upset with Frank in Chapter 17?
2. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
5. How does Mikey get hurt?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)