|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
(a) She is upset with Frank for skipping school.
(b) She is relieved that Paddy is alright.
(c) She is happy to see Paddy's family.
(d) She is sad that Paddy's father is ill when she has known him for so long.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) There is less money for the charity to give.
(b) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(c) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
3. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(b) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(c) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(d) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
4. Where does Frank get a new job in Chapter 16?
(a) At Eason's delivering newspapers.
(b) Tutoring students at school.
(c) At Mrs. O'Connell's shop.
(d) At the barbership.
5. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) New clothes for the children.
(c) A new bag of coal.
(d) Brother Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
2. Why do Frank and Laman fight in Chapter 13?
3. What is Peter's punishment when he gets into trouble with his money?
4. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
5. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)