|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
(a) There are several books missing from Mr. O'Neill's class.
(b) Mr. O'Neill should not be teaching fourth graders geometry.
(c) The children are complaining that they have not learned enough science.
(d) Mr. O'Neill should not be striking the students.
2. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is caught skipping school.
(b) He is caught cheating.
(c) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(d) He steals some food from the other children.
3. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(b) Oliver is very sick.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
4. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Selling her belongings.
(b) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(c) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
(d) Going to the dispensary.
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(b) The old house was flooded.
(c) The new house is less expensive.
(d) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family stay when they are evicted in Chapter 12?
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
3. Why does Mickey die?
4. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
5. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)