Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A science fiction thriller.
(b) An old American western.
(c) A James Cagney movie.
(d) A Disney cartoon.
2. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(b) Malachy sells his possessions.
(c) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(d) The family begs on the street.
3. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The IRA is completely out of money.
(b) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(c) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(d) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
4. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "The Tempest."
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(c) "A Modest Proposal."
(d) The Holy Bible.
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(b) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(c) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(d) Angela does not know where the store is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
2. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
3. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
4. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
5. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)