Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
2. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
(a) Malachy's family lives in Dublin.
(b) He believes there is work there.
(c) He has been told the IRA owes him money.
(d) There are better school opportunities for the children in Dublin.
3. Why do Philomena, Delia, Mrs. Leibowitz, and Minnie write to Angela's mother?
(a) They want Angela's mother to send money so that Angela and her family can move back to Ireland.
(b) They want Angela's mother to come to America to visit.
(c) They want Angela's mother to convince Angela to leave Malachy.
(d) They want Angela's mother to take care of Frank.
4. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "The Tempest."
(b) "Gulliver's Travels."
(c) "A Modest Proposal."
(d) The Holy Bible.
5. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(b) The IRA is completely out of money.
(c) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(d) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mickey die?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
3. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
5. Why does Frank miss his collection?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)