Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) In the police barracks.
(b) Inside a homeless shelter.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) On the street.
2. What happens to Frank's brother Malachy on the playground?
(a) He fights with Frank.
(b) He slips in the mud and hurts his ankle.
(c) He falls off of the see-saw and injures himself.
(d) He is kidnapped.
3. Philomena urges Angela to make sure she doesn't have anymore children. Why?
(a) Angela is sick and her health would suffer.
(b) There isn't enough room for another child.
(c) Malachy drinks too much and does not have a job.
(d) Malachy has been unfaithful to Angela.
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
(b) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(c) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(d) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(b) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
3. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
4. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)