|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is very sick.
(b) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(c) Frank has become tired of the stories.
(d) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
2. What happens when the family waits for Malachy at the train station?
(a) They are told that Malachy is not coming home at all.
(b) The train crashes.
(c) He arrives early.
(d) He does not arrive until the next day.
3. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
(b) He teases the other boys with it.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
4. Why is Frank hospitalized?
(a) He has typhoid.
(b) He has appendicitis.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He has pneumonia.
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(b) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(c) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(d) He spends the evening at the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
2. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
3. What is Peter's punishment when he gets into trouble with his money?
4. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
5. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)