|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) Inside a homeless shelter.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the police barracks.
2. What is Peter's punishment when he gets into trouble with his money?
(a) He is grounded.
(b) He is locked in the coal hole with the rats.
(c) He has to work extra hours for his mother.
(d) He cannot have supper for two days.
3. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is welcoming.
(b) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
(c) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
(d) She is hostile and unkind.
4. What does Agnes say at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Frank should go home to Angela.
(b) That Frank is a fool for wearing a dress.
(c) That Frank is doing more to help his family than his father ever did.
(d) Frank should quit school.
5. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) He throws it away.
(b) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(c) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
(d) He teases the other boys with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
4. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
5. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)