|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Classical Irish jigs.
(b) Beethoven and Mozart.
(c) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(d) The Beatles.
2. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(b) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(c) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(d) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
3. For what does Peter Dooley charge Frank?
(a) To look at his naked sister.
(b) To sneak him into the cinema.
(c) To do his homework.
(d) To give him his lunch.
4. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(b) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(c) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
(d) Mr. Timoney passes away.
5. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(b) Paddy won money gambling.
(c) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(d) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
2. What happens when the family waits for Malachy at the train station?
3. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
4. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)