|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of music do Frank and Mrs. Purcell listen to?
(a) Beethoven and Mozart.
(b) Duke Ellington and Billie Holiday.
(c) Classical Irish jigs.
(d) The Beatles.
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Delivering newspapers.
(c) Fetching coal.
(d) Cooking dinner.
3. Why does Mickey die?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has typhoid.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He is in a bad fight.
4. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has left Paddy's mother.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has pneumonia.
5. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is reading inappropriate material.
(b) He was eating in the library.
(c) He is stealing books.
(d) He is making too much noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
2. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
3. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)