|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
(b) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(c) He does not know how to do the job.
(d) He brings his mother to work with him.
2. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To run away to India.
(b) To become a doctor.
(c) To start his own business in America.
(d) To travel to China and adopt children.
3. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
(b) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(c) A place where there is no rain.
(d) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
4. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) He has left Paddy's mother.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has pneumonia.
5. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(b) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(c) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(d) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela insist on going to the Labour Exchange with Malachy after Oliver's death?
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
3. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
5. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)