|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the family waits for Malachy at the train station?
(a) They are told that Malachy is not coming home at all.
(b) He arrives early.
(c) The train crashes.
(d) He does not arrive until the next day.
2. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
(a) To see Frank.
(b) For a summer vacation.
(c) To attend his mother's funeral.
(d) To retire.
3. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
(b) To sell it for food money.
(c) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
(d) To give it to Patricia.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
5. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
(b) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(c) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(d) Paddy won money gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
2. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
3. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)