|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) There is consumption going around.
(b) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(c) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(d) It is cold outside.
2. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
(a) He delivers coal.
(b) He works in a shop.
(c) He delivers telegrams.
(d) He works in a factory.
3. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(b) She has gone crazy.
(c) She is tired of working.
4. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is welcoming.
(b) She is hostile and unkind.
(c) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
(d) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
2. For what religious event is Frank preparing for in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)