|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
(a) To see Frank.
(b) To attend his mother's funeral.
(c) For a summer vacation.
(d) To retire.
2. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They help Angela with her housework.
(b) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(c) They visit their friend Mikey.
(d) They go work at the Post Office.
3. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
(b) She was in love with another man.
(c) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
(d) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
4. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) St. Anthony's spit.
(b) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(c) Washing them with salt water.
(d) Closing them for three days.
5. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He is small, like a dot.
(b) He is round, like a dot.
(c) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(d) His middle name is "Dot."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
4. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
5. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)