|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
(a) When Agnes is not around.
(b) When he is able to steal food.
(c) When he has extra money.
(d) When the children have completed their chores.
2. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
(a) Mr. Hannon cannot get to work at such an early hour.
(b) Mr. Hannon has two much work for one person.
(c) Mr. Hannon would like to share his wealth with Frank.
(d) Mr. Hannon has bad legs.
3. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He steals some food from the other children.
(b) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(c) He is caught cheating.
(d) He is caught skipping school.
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy sells his possessions.
(b) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(c) The family begs on the street.
(d) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
5. What does Malachy bring Angela as a gift for Christmas in Chapter 12?
(a) A bottle of Guiness.
(b) A new coat.
(c) A half-eaten box of chocolates.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
2. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
3. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
4. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)