|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank sometimes do when Mrs. Finucane falls asleep?
(a) Leaves to go visit Mikey.
(b) Steals her money.
(c) Takes her letters and throws them away.
(d) Reads all of her books.
2. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
(b) The children get to go visit their fathers.
(c) They do not see their fathers.
(d) The families usually move to England.
3. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
(a) He ate bad bread.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He has growing pains.
4. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
(a) He brings the boys food.
(b) He likes America.
(c) He dismisses class early.
(d) He sleeps in class.
5. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) There is less money for the charity to give.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
2. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
4. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
5. What does Malachy's letter say to Angela in Chapter 12?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)