|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
2. What happens when the family waits for Malachy at the train station?
(a) He does not arrive until the next day.
(b) They are told that Malachy is not coming home at all.
(c) He arrives early.
(d) The train crashes.
3. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(b) The money the students collect for the church.
(c) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(d) Food collected for the charity.
4. What is wrong with Patricia Madigan?
(a) She has rheumatic fever.
(b) She has pneumonia.
(c) She has consumption.
(d) She has diphtheria.
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is hostile and unkind.
(b) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
(c) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
(d) She is welcoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank's transfused blood come from?
2. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
5. What is unusual about Mr. O'Halloran?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)