|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
(b) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
(c) To sell it for food money.
(d) To give it to Patricia.
2. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) The children get to go visit their fathers.
(b) The families usually move to England.
(c) They do not see their fathers.
(d) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
3. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
(b) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(c) They steal money to buy it.
(d) They steal it by causing a distraction.
4. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he could own a factory.
(b) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he can make his father proud.
5. What does Frank give Michael when he comes to visit in Chapter 14?
(a) An apple.
(b) A book.
(c) A new drum.
(d) New boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mikey get hurt?
2. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
3. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
4. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
5. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)