|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
(a) He has come to the wrong office.
(b) There is no record of his service in the IRA.
(c) The IRA is all out of money.
(d) There is a waiting period for his pension check.
2. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To start his own business in America.
(b) To become a doctor.
(c) To travel to China and adopt children.
(d) To run away to India.
3. What does Angela's note to Frank say at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) It says that he should never return to Laman's.
(b) It urges him to come home.
(c) It begs him to go back to work.
(d) It asks him to go find his father.
4. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is making too much noise.
(b) He is stealing books.
(c) He is reading inappropriate material.
(d) He was eating in the library.
5. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They visit their friend Mikey.
(b) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(c) They help Angela with her housework.
(d) They go work at the Post Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
2. What does Malachy believe is wrong with Frank in Chapter 8?
3. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
4. Who is Frank excited to see when he is hospitalized the second time?
5. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)