|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malachy's letter say to Angela in Chapter 12?
(a) He is staying in London.
(b) He will be home before Christmas.
(c) There is more money coming.
(d) He has lost his job.
2. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
(a) He gives it to Paddy Clohessy.
(b) He teases the other boys with it.
(c) He throws it away.
(d) Frank hides it so he can give it to his mother.
3. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Read the news on the BBC.
(b) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(c) Join the army in America.
(d) Play soccer against Britain.
4. Why is Frank thrown out of the library?
(a) He is making too much noise.
(b) He was eating in the library.
(c) He is reading inappropriate material.
(d) He is stealing books.
5. Why is Frank wearing a dress in Chapter 14?
(a) He washes his clothes and is waiting for them to dry.
(b) He enjoys cross-dressing.
(c) He is trying to scare his aunt.
(d) It is the only thing he has that does not have holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
3. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
4. Why is Frank hospitalized?
5. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)