|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(b) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(c) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
2. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(d) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
3. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) Angela wants to move there.
(b) He is tired of Ireland.
(c) America has joined the war.
(d) His father is living in England.
4. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(b) She left town without him saying goodbye.
(c) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
(d) Her parents forced her to go to America.
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(b) The telegram boy was fired.
(c) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(d) Malachy did not send any money home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
3. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
4. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
5. Where does Frank plan on getting a bike for his school trip in Chapter 13?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)