|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
(a) The man is angry that Malachy wasted his time.
(b) Malachy also requested money for a pint of beer.
(c) The IRA is completely out of money.
(d) The man believes that Malachy has enough money.
2. What does Mrs. Finucane want Frank to do?
(a) Read to her.
(b) Carry her bags of coal.
(c) Write threatening letters to her customers.
(d) Walk her dog.
3. Why is Frank afraid to go home in Chapter 6?
(a) His father found out he went to the cinema.
(b) There will be no food at home.
(c) His mother has consumption.
(d) He has learned that his parents know he skipped school.
4. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Violin lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Gaelic lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(b) They steal it by causing a distraction.
(c) They steal money to buy it.
(d) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Harrington upset at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
4. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
5. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)