|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(b) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(c) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(d) Frank sells newspapers.
2. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
(b) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(c) Selling her belongings.
(d) Going to the dispensary.
3. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) Bread and jam.
(b) They are not fed.
(c) Potato soup.
(d) Scraps from last night's dinner.
4. Why are Angela and Malachy angry with Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) Frank stole money to go to the cinema.
(b) He was spending time with Paddy.
(c) Frank stole apples from the orchard.
(d) They learned he skipped school.
5. What does Peter Dooley want to do when he grows up?
(a) Read the news on the BBC.
(b) Join the army in America.
(c) Become a movie star in Bollywood.
(d) Play soccer against Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. O'Riordan write a note to Angela about Frank?
2. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
3. What does Seamus bring Frank in the hospital?
4. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
5. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)