|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
(b) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
2. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
(b) Food collected for the charity.
(c) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(d) The money the students collect for the church.
3. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) Bread and jam.
(b) Potato soup.
(c) They are not fed.
(d) Scraps from last night's dinner.
4. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has left Paddy's mother.
(b) He has pneumonia.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He works too many hours.
5. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He is caught skipping school.
(c) He steals some food from the other children.
(d) He is caught cheating.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
2. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
3. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
4. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
5. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)