|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(b) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(c) Angela does not know where the store is.
(d) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
2. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
(b) He steals some food from the other children.
(c) He is caught skipping school.
(d) He is caught cheating.
3. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(b) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
4. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is less expensive.
(b) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(c) The old house was flooded.
(d) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Violin lessons.
(b) Irish dancing lessons.
(c) Reading lessons.
(d) Gaelic lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
3. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
4. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)