|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the baseball game.
(b) On dirty magazines.
(c) On alcohol at the pub.
(d) At the cinema.
2. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(b) Angela does not know where the store is.
(c) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(d) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
3. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has broken his arm.
(b) He must have his tonsils removed.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has gained weight.
4. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has left Paddy's mother.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has consumption.
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(b) The new house is less expensive.
(c) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(d) The old house was flooded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
2. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
3. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
4. What is the Confraternity?
5. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)