|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(b) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(c) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
2. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) Malachy sells his possessions.
(b) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(c) The family begs on the street.
(d) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) The family has no one to watch the children.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(d) She cannot pick them up from school.
4. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
(a) They are not fed.
(b) Bread and jam.
(c) Scraps from last night's dinner.
(d) Potato soup.
5. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He i working late and she is worried.
(b) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
2. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. What is Paddy's dream?
5. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)