|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) New clothes for the children.
(c) A new bag of coal.
(d) Brother Michael.
2. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(b) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
(c) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(d) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
3. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) He i working late and she is worried.
(b) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(c) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
(d) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
4. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has not followed the rules in church.
(b) He has bad manners.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He is not old enough.
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Job opportunities up north.
(b) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(c) Frank's grandfather.
(d) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What is the Confraternity?
4. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
5. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)