|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(b) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
2. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) There is too much noise from outside.
(b) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(c) The mattress has fleas.
(d) The heat does not work.
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Irish dancing lessons.
(b) Gaelic lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Reading lessons.
4. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(b) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(c) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(d) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(b) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) The family has no one to watch the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
2. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
3. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)