|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's bad behavior.
(b) Their trip to Limerick.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Frank's illness.
2. What kind of teacher is Mr. Benson?
(a) Kind and nurturing to the boys and excited to talk about his faith.
(b) Devoted to his Catholicism, but hates answering questions about it.
(c) Selfish and greedy, refusing to teach the boys about Catholicism.
(d) Quiet and timid, answering questions slowly and only when asked multiple times.
3. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
(a) A James Cagney movie.
(b) A science fiction thriller.
(c) A Disney cartoon.
(d) An old American western.
4. How do the McCourts get back to Angela's family?
(a) The police take up a collection to pay their bus fare.
(b) The family begs on the street.
(c) Malachy finds a temporary job.
(d) Malachy sells his possessions.
5. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
(a) Malachy has spent the money intended for the funeral on alcohol.
(b) Malachy is drinking instead of attending the funeral.
(c) Malachy has put his glass on Eugene's coffin.
(d) Malachy does not seem to be upset about Eugene's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
3. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
4. Why does Mr. O'Halloran yell at Mr. O'Neill?
5. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)