|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(c) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(d) She is in love with one of the doctors.
2. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A potato farm.
(b) A cement factory.
(c) The butcher's shop.
(d) A pub.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) The family has no one to watch the children.
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the baseball game.
(b) On dirty magazines.
(c) At the cinema.
(d) On alcohol at the pub.
5. Why does Quigley seem to annoy his teachers?
(a) He is always asking questions.
(b) His clothes are always dirty.
(c) He is always fighting with the other boys.
(d) He cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
2. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
3. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
4. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
5. What do Paddy and Frank eat when they go to Finlan's for lunch?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)