|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
(a) He steals some food from the other children.
(b) He is caught cheating.
(c) He is caught skipping school.
(d) He is fighting because the boys were teasing him.
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(b) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(c) They cannot afford any groceries.
(d) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
(b) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(c) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(d) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
4. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To run away to India.
(b) To start his own business in America.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To travel to China and adopt children.
5. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has left Paddy's mother.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) He works too many hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
4. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
5. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)