|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) His middle name is "Dot."
(b) He is round, like a dot.
(c) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(d) He is small, like a dot.
2. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
(b) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
3. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(b) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
(c) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(d) Angela does not know where the store is.
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the baseball game.
(b) On alcohol at the pub.
(c) On dirty magazines.
(d) At the cinema.
5. How does Frank envision heaven at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A place with plenty of food and music and dancing.
(b) A place where there is no rain.
(c) An empty place, like the inside of a coffin.
(d) A place without drunk fathers, with plenty of food, and with his other dead siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
4. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)