|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has bad manners.
(b) He is too poor.
(c) He is not old enough.
(d) He has not followed the rules in church.
2. What is wrong with Paddy's father in Chapter 6?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) He has left Paddy's mother.
(c) He works too many hours.
(d) He has pneumonia.
3. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On dirty magazines.
(b) At the baseball game.
(c) On alcohol at the pub.
(d) At the cinema.
4. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) There is less money for the charity to give.
(b) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
5. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(b) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(c) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
(d) Malachy gives Frank some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
2. What is the Confraternity?
3. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
4. After Eugene's death in Chapter 2, why does Frank get angry with his father in the pub?
5. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)