|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) He comes home late.
(b) He is fighting with Frank.
(c) He steals bread from school.
(d) He is urinating against a wall instead of using the chamber pot.
2. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(b) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(c) They cannot afford any groceries.
(d) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
3. Mikey tells Frank that the best part of the first communion is the collection. What is the collection?
(a) When neighbors give sweets and money to the children receiving their First Communion.
(b) Food collected for the charity.
(c) The money the students collect for the church.
(d) The money collected from the church members to feed the families.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
5. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(b) Their trip to Limerick.
(c) Frank's illness.
(d) Frank's bad behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
2. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
3. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
4. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
5. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)