|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
(a) Her kids drive her crazy, and she enjoys the break.
(b) She is in love with one of the doctors.
(c) She is the only one they have to drag out, because she enjoys the quiet and escape from the "real" world.
(d) She enjoys the company in the asylum.
2. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(b) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
3. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He is round, like a dot.
(b) He is small, like a dot.
(c) His middle name is "Dot."
(d) He has a large birthmark on his face.
4. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
(a) They help Angela with her housework.
(b) They go to an orchard to drink water and eat apples.
(c) They go work at the Post Office.
(d) They visit their friend Mikey.
5. Because they do not have bus fare home, where does the family sleep that night?
(a) On the street.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) In the police barracks.
(d) Inside a homeless shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Frank get in trouble with Mr. Benson at school?
2. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
3. What does Frank most want to see at the cinema?
4. After confessing to the priest on his first communion, why does Margaret send Frank back into the confessional?
5. Why does Frank miss his collection?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)