|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank so understanding when his father is telling Oliver stories about Cuchulain?
(a) Oliver is very sick.
(b) Oliver is really excited about hearing them.
(c) Frank realizes the stories are no longer his.
(d) Frank has become tired of the stories.
2. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(b) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) They are wearing girls' boots.
3. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Angela begs the ticket-taker to let him in.
(b) Mikey throws a "fit" and distracts the ticket-taker.
(c) Malachy gives Frank some money.
(d) Frank steals from Grandma's purse.
4. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
(a) Angela does not know where the store is.
(b) She is worried the store owner will cheat Angela.
(c) She wants Angela to buy her some groceries.
(d) Angela will need help carrying the groceries.
5. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
(b) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(c) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(d) They cannot afford any groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
2. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
3. Why does it seem that Nora Molloy enjoys being taken to the asylum?
4. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)