|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's illness.
(b) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(c) Frank's bad behavior.
(d) Their trip to Limerick.
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(b) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(c) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
(d) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
3. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He is too poor.
(b) He has bad manners.
(c) He has not followed the rules in church.
(d) He is not old enough.
4. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
(a) The boys practice drinking alcohol.
(b) Mr. Benson has the boys swallow bits of newspaper.
(c) Mr. Benson gives the boys tea and cookies.
(d) The boys eat pieces of stale bread.
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(b) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(c) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(d) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. When Malachy goes to the IRA office to claim his pension, what is he told?
4. What does Frank do with the raisin he finds in his pastry?
5. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)