|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
(a) Malachy is out drunk and the family is worried.
(b) The heat does not work.
(c) The mattress has fleas.
(d) There is too much noise from outside.
2. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
(a) The Pope's picture has been left outside in the rain.
(b) Frank has left his prayer book outside.
(c) Frank has thrown up his first communion.
(d) The priest has come to visit the family.
3. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A pub.
(b) A potato farm.
(c) A cement factory.
(d) The butcher's shop.
4. Why does Frank miss his collection?
(a) His grandmother makes him stay home and help her with chores.
(b) His father is out drinking and cannot take him.
(c) His grandmother makes him return to church for a confession.
(d) He is not feeling well.
5. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She was an excellent dancer.
(b) She was a great student.
(c) She was always poor.
(d) She once dated a senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. When told there is no work in Ireland, Malachy decides to go to Dublin. Why?
2. In Chapter 6, where do Paddy and Frank go when they skip school?
3. How does Mr. Benson have the boys practice for communion?
4. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
5. After receiving money from the Vincent de Paul society, why does Nora insist on going to the store with Angela?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)