|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
(a) Eggs, butter, and sugar to make sweets.
(b) A new bag of coal.
(c) New clothes for the children.
(d) Brother Michael.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(b) There is less money for the charity to give.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
3. What does Frank confess at his first confession?
(a) He was listening to dirty stories.
(b) He was disrespectful to his mother.
(c) He was drinking in the alley after school.
(d) He was thinking dirty thoughts about girls.
4. What does Paddy's father tell Frank about his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) She once dated a senator.
(b) She was always poor.
(c) She was a great student.
(d) She was an excellent dancer.
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On alcohol at the pub.
(b) At the baseball game.
(c) At the cinema.
(d) On dirty magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the family rents a room, why are they unable to sleep that first night?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. Why does Angela cry on the way home from Paddy's home?
4. How is Frank able to attend the cinema at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Why does the man at the IRA office refuse to give Malachy money for the bus fare home?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)