|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paddy's dream?
(a) To run away to India.
(b) To travel to China and adopt children.
(c) To start his own business in America.
(d) To become a doctor.
2. Why does Paddy get into trouble with his mother in Chapter 6?
(a) He is fighting with Frank.
(b) He comes home late.
(c) He is urinating against a wall instead of using the chamber pot.
(d) He steals bread from school.
3. What is Mr. O'Neill particularly enthusiastic about teaching?
(c) American History.
4. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) The family has no one to watch the children.
(b) She cannot pick them up from school.
(c) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(d) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
5. Why is Mr. O'Neill called "Dotty?"
(a) He has a large birthmark on his face.
(b) His middle name is "Dot."
(c) He is small, like a dot.
(d) He is round, like a dot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
3. What does Grandma mean when she says that she has "God in me backyard?"
4. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
5. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)