|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(c) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(d) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
(a) He blinks to clean his eyes.
(b) His eyes have an uncontrollable twitch.
(c) He is tired and falling asleep.
(d) He squints because of the sun.
3. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(b) Selling her belongings.
(c) Going to the dispensary.
(d) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
4. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(d) There is consumption going around.
5. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) A bag of coal.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
2. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
3. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
4. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
5. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)