|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) He is tired of Ireland.
(b) His father is living in England.
(c) America has joined the war.
(d) Angela wants to move there.
2. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
(b) Frank sells newspapers.
(c) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(d) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
3. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(c) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(d) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
4. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) It is cold outside.
(b) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(b) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(c) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
(d) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
5. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)