|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
2. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) New clothes.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) A bag of coal.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
3. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
(b) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
(c) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
(d) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
4. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Dying of typhoid.
(b) Getting consumption.
(c) Getting gangrene.
(d) Dying of pneumonia.
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) Malachy did not send any money home.
(b) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(c) The telegram boy was fired.
(d) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)