|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
(a) Mr. Hannon has two much work for one person.
(b) Mr. Hannon has bad legs.
(c) Mr. Hannon would like to share his wealth with Frank.
(d) Mr. Hannon cannot get to work at such an early hour.
2. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
(a) Mikey's father decides to stop drinking.
(b) Mikey's father has the consumption.
(c) Mikey's father quits his job.
(d) Mikey's father leaves his mother.
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's illness.
(b) Frank's bad behavior.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Their trip to Limerick.
4. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
(b) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
(c) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
(d) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
5. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(b) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(c) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
2. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
3. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
4. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)