|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Frank's classmates laugh at him as they leave the store before Christmas?
(a) They cannot afford any groceries.
(b) Frank falls in the mud and is dirty.
(c) The only meat they can afford is a pig's head.
(d) Malachy is drunk and stumbling home.
2. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(b) So that he can make his father proud.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he could own a factory.
3. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has bad manners.
(b) He is not old enough.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He has not followed the rules in church.
4. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
(a) The families usually move to England.
(b) The children get to go visit their fathers.
(c) The fathers send home money for food and necessities.
(d) They do not see their fathers.
5. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(b) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(c) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(d) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
3. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
4. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
5. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)