|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
(a) The war is profitable for Irish families.
(b) The war is good because the children can be soldiers.
(c) Germany is more powerful than England or France.
(d) There is better food in Germany.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
(a) That they would die for Ireland.
(b) That they would always protect their mother.
(c) That they would never drink.
(d) That they would go to work like him.
3. What does Mr. Hannon do for a living?
(a) He delivers telegrams.
(b) He delivers coal.
(c) He works in a factory.
(d) He works in a shop.
4. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
(b) They are wearing girls' boots.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
5. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(b) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
(c) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
(d) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
2. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
3. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
4. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)