|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) St. Anthony's spit.
(b) Washing them with salt water.
(c) Closing them for three days.
(d) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
2. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To sell it for food money.
(b) To give it to Patricia.
(c) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
(d) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
3. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(b) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(c) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(d) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
4. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he can make his father proud.
(b) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he could own a factory.
5. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Dying of pneumonia.
(b) Dying of typhoid.
(c) Getting gangrene.
(d) Getting consumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mickey die?
2. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
3. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Malachy make his children promise when he gets them out of bed late at night after drinking?
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)