|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(b) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(c) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(d) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
2. Why is the family receiving less money at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) With two less children, the charity gives them less.
(b) With Angela's new job, the charity feels they do not need as much.
(c) Malachy had been drinking away all of the money.
(d) There is less money for the charity to give.
3. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(b) So that he can make his father proud.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he could own a factory.
4. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Selling her belongings.
(b) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(c) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
(d) Going to the dispensary.
5. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) She was in love with another man.
(b) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
(c) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
(d) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
4. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
5. Why does Mr. Downes believe Malachy may be sent back to Ireland in Chapter 9?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)