|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) A pub.
(b) A potato farm.
(c) The butcher's shop.
(d) A cement factory.
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Their trip to Limerick.
(b) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(c) Frank's bad behavior.
(d) Frank's illness.
3. What does Frank read to Mr. Timoney?
(a) "Gulliver's Travels."
(b) "A Modest Proposal."
(c) "The Tempest."
(d) The Holy Bible.
4. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(b) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
(c) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
(d) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
5. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
(a) Frank doesn't care about the new baby's name.
(b) That it is "respectful."
(c) That it is an "affliction."
(d) That it sounds like a girl's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
3. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
4. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)