|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
(a) So that he can make his father proud.
(b) So that he can tutor Mr. Hannon's children.
(c) So that he can eventually leave Ireland.
(d) So that he could own a factory.
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Their trip to Limerick.
(b) Frank's illness.
(c) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
(d) Frank's bad behavior.
3. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(b) Malachy lost his job again.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
4. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Frank has been eating all of Declan's food.
(b) Frank has not been attending Confraternity meetings.
(c) Frank showed up to his Confraternity meetings dirty.
(d) Frank has been stealing newspapers.
5. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
(a) Pa Keating takes the boys to a pub where the owner gives them a bag.
(b) The boys stop and pick up pieces of coal on the side of the road.
(c) Frank takes a temporary job shoveling coal.
(d) Malachy steals coal from the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
5. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)