|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Downes return to Ireland?
(a) To retire.
(b) To see Frank.
(c) For a summer vacation.
(d) To attend his mother's funeral.
2. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(c) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(d) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
3. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
(a) Getting gangrene.
(b) Dying of pneumonia.
(c) Getting consumption.
(d) Dying of typhoid.
4. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(b) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
5. Why does Angela tell her children to stay inside at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The boys at school are bullying the younger boys.
(b) The other families are bragging about the money their fathers sent home from England.
(c) There is consumption going around.
(d) It is cold outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
2. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
3. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)