|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
(a) The downstairs reminds them of home, while upstairs is unfamiliar.
(b) The downstairs has flooded and the upstairs is warm, like a vacation to Italy.
(c) The upstairs is cold and dirty, and the downstairs is where they spend their time.
(d) The children made up the names because both places begin with the same letter.
2. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
(a) Washing them with salt water.
(b) Closing them for three days.
(c) Eating an onion boiled in milk.
(d) St. Anthony's spit.
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Violin lessons.
(b) Gaelic lessons.
(c) Reading lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
4. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) The telegram boy was fired.
(b) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(c) Malachy did not send any money home.
(d) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
5. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
(a) He brings Mr. Timoney books.
(b) He reads to Mr. Timoney.
(c) He delivers coal to Mr. Timoney.
(d) He cleans Mr. Timoney's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
2. When Michael is sick, how does Frank's father save him?
3. Why is Frank shown more respect by his classmates in Chapter 11?
4. What great change occurs in Mikey's father in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)