|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has broken his arm.
(b) He has gained weight.
(c) He must have his tonsils removed.
(d) He has pneumonia.
2. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
(a) Selling her belongings.
(b) Asking Agnes to borrow money.
(c) Going to work at Kathleen's shop.
(d) Going to the dispensary.
3. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
(b) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
(c) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
(d) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
4. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
(b) Frank sold the food.
(c) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(d) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) The family has no one to watch the children.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) Angela is in a terrible mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
2. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
3. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
4. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
5. When Mr. Hannon goes to the hospital, what do the doctors say he is in danger of?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)