|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Violin lessons.
(b) Reading lessons.
(c) Gaelic lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
2. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) A bag of coal.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
3. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) Malachy did not send any money home.
(b) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(c) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(d) The telegram boy was fired.
4. Why is Angela angry at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Malachy is out late drinking instead of coming home with his wages.
(b) He i working late and she is worried.
(c) He forgets to pick the children up from school.
(d) He has been arrested for drunken behavior.
5. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
(a) Mr. Timoney is placed in a senior citizens' home.
(b) Mr. Timoney passes away.
(c) Frank gets ill and cannot work.
(d) Mr. Timoney finds someone else to work for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
2. What does the "Angel on the Seventh Step" bring the family?
3. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
4. What does Frank think of the new baby's name?
5. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)