|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bridey tell Frank about his relationship with Mr. Hannon?
(a) Mr. Hannon hated the way Frank worked.
(b) Frank was a better worker than Mr. Hannon.
(c) Mr. Hannon was annoyed by Frank's mannerisms.
(d) Frank was like a son to Mr. Hannon.
2. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) The telegram boy was fired.
(b) Malachy did not send any money home.
(c) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
(d) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
(a) The new house is less expensive.
(b) The new house is closer to Angela's family.
(c) The old house reminded Angela too much of Eugene.
(d) The old house was flooded.
4. Why does Angela want Frank to quit his job in Chapter 11?
(a) The work is too difficult for him.
(b) He is missing school because of work.
(c) She does not approve of Mr. Hannon.
(d) The coal dust is irritating his eyes.
5. Why does Angela think Mr. Timoney lost his cleaning woman?
(a) He had tried to convert her to Buddhism.
(b) Mr. Timoney did not pay her well enough.
(c) She went to work for Mrs. Finucane.
(d) She was in love with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank get a job at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
3. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
4. What is Angela's last resort for feeding the children in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Declan upset with Frank in Chapter 7?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)