|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) He has puppies.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He runs away.
2. Why does Malachy agree to go work in England?
(a) His father is living in England.
(b) Angela wants to move there.
(c) America has joined the war.
(d) He is tired of Ireland.
3. What does Grandpa McCourt send for the new baby?
(a) A bag of coal.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) A bag of potatoes.
4. Why is Frank hospitalized for a second time in Chapter 9?
(a) He broke his leg.
(b) He has conjunctivitis.
(c) He has pneumonia.
(d) He has consumption.
5. Why doesn't the telegram boy bring a telegram to the family?
(a) The telegram boy was fired.
(b) Angela and the children were not home to receive it.
(c) Malachy did not send any money home.
(d) The telegram boy had the wrong address.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
2. What is the Confraternity?
3. Why does Frank stop working for Mr. Timoney?
4. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)