|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He becomes very ill.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He runs away.
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(b) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(c) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
(d) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
3. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(c) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(d) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(b) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(c) Job opportunities up north.
(d) Frank's grandfather.
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the baseball game.
(b) On alcohol at the pub.
(c) On dirty magazines.
(d) At the cinema.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank envy the children whose fathers are in England?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. Why does the family move to Roden Lane?
4. What does the quote "We don't care about England or France, all we want is the German advance" mean?
5. How does Frank earn money from Mr. Timoney?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)