|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
(a) He has puppies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He is put to death.
2. Why does Mr. Hannon need Frank's help at work?
(a) Mr. Hannon has bad legs.
(b) Mr. Hannon cannot get to work at such an early hour.
(c) Mr. Hannon has two much work for one person.
(d) Mr. Hannon would like to share his wealth with Frank.
3. Why does Frank want Angela's red flapper dress?
(a) To give it to Patricia.
(b) To sell it for food money.
(c) To make hearts for their football uniforms.
(d) To give it to Aunt Agnes.
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has broken his arm.
(c) He has gained weight.
(d) He must have his tonsils removed.
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) On alcohol at the pub.
(b) At the cinema.
(c) At the baseball game.
(d) On dirty magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
2. How does the family get coal for Christmas dinner?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. Why is Frank called Blinky at school?
5. Why does the family call the upstairs of their home Italy and the downstairs Ireland?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)