Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Frank do with Pat Sheehan?
(a) Frank peels Mr. Sheehan's potatoes.
(b) Frank sells newspapers.
(c) Frank delivers coal with Mr. Sheehan.
(d) Frank cleans Mr. Sheehan's lavatory.
2. What does Frank's teacher tell the boys who teased Frank about his shoes?
(a) The boys should be quiet in school, but could tease Frank and Malachy later.
(b) Only Americans wear boots made out of tires.
(c) Frank and Malachy's shoes were better than anyone elses.
(d) That the Lord Jesus did not wear shoes at all.
3. Why do the children at school tease Frank and his brother about their boots?
(a) The boots are falling off of them because they are too big.
(b) They are wearing girls' boots.
(c) The boots have holes in them and are falling apart.
(d) Frank's father has mended them using an old tire.
4. Why is the Meagher family too ashamed to go out?
(a) Mrs. Meagher has typhoid.
(b) Mrs. Meagher's sons have behavior problems.
(c) Mrs. Meagher's husband did not send home any wages.
(d) Mrs. Meagher is losing her hair.
5. What does Frank's father tell the officials from the St. Vincent de Paul Society about their lavatory?
(a) Angela is the only who cleans the lavatory.
(b) It is killing them because it is infested with disease.
(c) They are very lucky to have a lavatory.
(d) The lavatory is too far away for the boys to use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank at the pub celebrating with Mikey?
2. Why does Mr. Hannon encourage Frank to stay in school?
3. Why does Mickey die?
4. What does Grandma think will help Frank's eyes?
5. What happens to Macushla in Chapter 7?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)