|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(b) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
2. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) Frank and young Malachy.
(b) No one is allowed to visit her.
(c) Margaret and Agnes.
(d) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
3. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She has consumption.
(b) She never tips the delivery boys.
(c) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
(d) There are rumors that she is very mean.
4. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) Her parents forced her to go to America.
(b) She left town without him saying goodbye.
(c) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(d) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
5. What is the Confraternity?
(a) A dancing class.
(b) An employment agency.
(c) A religious organization.
(d) A soccer club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
2. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
3. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
4. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
5. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)