|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
(b) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(c) He brings his mother to work with him.
(d) He does not know how to do the job.
2. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
(a) She takes him to the pub for a drink.
(b) She buys him new clothes.
(c) She takes him on the postal route so he can see where he is going.
(d) She takes him to meet his boss.
3. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) No one is allowed to visit her.
(b) Margaret and Agnes.
(c) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
(d) Frank and young Malachy.
4. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He spends the evening at the pub.
(b) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(c) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(d) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is welcoming.
(b) She is hostile and unkind.
(c) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
(d) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
4. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
5. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)