|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) He has consumption.
(b) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(c) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(d) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
2. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She never tips the delivery boys.
(b) There are rumors that she is very mean.
(c) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
(d) She has consumption.
3. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) The home on Roden Lane.
(c) The land by the river.
(d) His grandmother's.
4. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(b) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
(c) Paddy won money gambling.
(d) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
5. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) Her parents forced her to go to America.
(b) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(c) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
(d) She left town without him saying goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
2. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
3. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
4. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)