|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
(b) Her parents forced her to go to America.
(c) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(d) She left town without him saying goodbye.
2. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
(a) At the cinema.
(b) At the baseball game.
(c) On dirty magazines.
(d) On alcohol at the pub.
3. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He brings his mother to work with him.
(b) He does not know how to do the job.
(c) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(d) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
4. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Irish dancing lessons.
(b) Violin lessons.
(c) Reading lessons.
(d) Gaelic lessons.
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(d) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
2. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
3. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
4. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)