|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(b) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(c) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(d) He spends the evening at the pub.
2. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
(a) There is no place for him to sleep at Agnes's.
(b) He misses his mother and goes to see her.
(c) He is angry with Frank.
(d) Aunt Agnes hit him when he asks for food.
3. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Frank's grandfather.
(b) Job opportunities up north.
(c) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(d) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
5. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
(a) Frank sold the food.
(b) Frank ate Galvin's food before he got to the kiln.
(c) Frank dropped the food and it wasn't good anymore.
(d) Frank went to the cinema instead of taking the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
2. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
3. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
4. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)