|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A soccer club.
(c) A dancing class.
(d) A religious organization.
2. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Taking food to Galvin.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
3. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
(a) When he is able to steal food.
(b) When Agnes is not around.
(c) When he has extra money.
(d) When the children have completed their chores.
4. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He spends the evening at the pub.
(b) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(c) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(d) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Frank's grandfather.
(b) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(c) Job opportunities up north.
(d) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
2. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
3. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
4. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)