|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) The family has no one to watch the children.
(c) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(d) She cannot pick them up from school.
2. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Violin lessons.
(c) Irish dancing lessons.
(d) Reading lessons.
3. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(b) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(c) Paddy won money gambling.
(d) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
4. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
(a) He goes to Kathleen's store.
(b) He steals it.
(c) Mikey Molloy's mother sends them bread.
(d) He borrows money from Grandma.
5. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has gained weight.
(b) He has broken his arm.
(c) He must have his tonsils removed.
(d) He has pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
2. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What is the Confraternity?
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)