|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He spends the evening at the pub.
(b) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(c) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(d) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
2. What is the Confraternity?
(a) A religious organization.
(b) A dancing class.
(c) A soccer club.
(d) An employment agency.
3. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
(a) She is taken away to the asylum because of her relationship with Frank.
(b) She left town without him saying goodbye.
(c) She and Frank had a relationship outside of marriage and he is worried her soul is condemned.
(d) Her parents forced her to go to America.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Malachy lost his job again.
(d) Frank lost his prayerbook.
5. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Job opportunities up north.
(b) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(c) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(d) Frank's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
2. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
3. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
4. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)