|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
(a) An employment agency.
(b) A dancing class.
(c) A soccer club.
(d) A religious organization.
2. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) His grandmother's.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) The home on Roden Lane.
(d) Mikey Molloy's house.
3. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
(a) She cannnot cook.
(b) She uses a chamber pot.
(c) She falls down the stairs.
(d) She has a wart on her face.
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He has broken his arm.
(c) He must have his tonsils removed.
(d) He has gained weight.
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Malachy lost his job again.
(d) Frank lost his prayerbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
2. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
3. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
4. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
5. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)