|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's mother sends them bread.
(b) He borrows money from Grandma.
(c) He goes to Kathleen's store.
(d) He steals it.
2. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
(a) When he has extra money.
(b) When he is able to steal food.
(c) When Agnes is not around.
(d) When the children have completed their chores.
3. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Reading lessons.
(b) Irish dancing lessons.
(c) Gaelic lessons.
(d) Violin lessons.
4. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(b) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(c) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(d) He has consumption.
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(b) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(c) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(d) He spends the evening at the pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
2. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
3. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)