|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(c) She is tired of working.
(d) She has gone crazy.
2. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She has consumption.
(b) She never tips the delivery boys.
(c) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
(d) There are rumors that she is very mean.
3. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(b) Agnes can better provide for the children.
(c) Frank is misbehaving.
(d) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Frank's grandfather.
(b) Job opportunities up north.
(c) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
(d) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
5. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
(a) She buys him new clothes.
(b) She takes him on the postal route so he can see where he is going.
(c) She takes him to meet his boss.
(d) She takes him to the pub for a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
2. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
3. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
4. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
5. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)