|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Irish dancing lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Reading lessons.
2. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
(a) Frank is misbehaving.
(b) Angela is sick and hospitalized.
(c) Agnes is sick and needs help at home.
(d) Agnes can better provide for the children.
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
(b) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(c) He has consumption.
(d) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
4. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
(a) She is ecstatic to have children in her home.
(b) She is hostile and unkind.
(c) She is welcoming.
(d) She is quiet and does not react to their presence.
5. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(c) She is tired of working.
(d) She has gone crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
2. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
4. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
5. What is the Confraternity?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)