|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angela believe that Frank was not accepted as an altar boy?
(a) He has not followed the rules in church.
(b) He has bad manners.
(c) He is too poor.
(d) He is not old enough.
2. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Gaelic lessons.
(b) Irish dancing lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Reading lessons.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) The family has no one to watch the children.
4. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He spends the evening at the pub.
(b) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
(c) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(d) He repays Aunt Aggie.
5. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(b) He brings his mother to work with him.
(c) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
(d) He does not know how to do the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
2. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
3. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
4. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)