|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) The home on Roden Lane.
2. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
(a) There is no place for him to sleep at Agnes's.
(b) He misses his mother and goes to see her.
(c) Aunt Agnes hit him when he asks for food.
(d) He is angry with Frank.
3. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
(a) When Agnes is not around.
(b) When the children have completed their chores.
(c) When he has extra money.
(d) When he is able to steal food.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(b) Frank lost his prayerbook.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Malachy lost his job again.
5. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
(a) He borrows money from Grandma.
(b) He goes to Kathleen's store.
(c) He steals it.
(d) Mikey Molloy's mother sends them bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
2. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
3. How does Frank spend his tuition money?
4. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)