|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They steal it by causing a distraction.
(b) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(c) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
(d) They steal money to buy it.
2. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(b) She is tired of working.
(d) She has gone crazy.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) The family has no one to watch the children.
(b) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
4. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) The home on Roden Lane.
(b) The land by the river.
(c) His grandmother's.
(d) Mikey Molloy's house.
5. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
(b) Paddy won money gambling.
(c) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(d) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
2. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
3. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
4. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
5. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)