|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
(a) Angela's uncles in northern Ireland.
(b) Frank's grandfather.
(c) Job opportunities up north.
(d) Angela's happiness with Malachy.
2. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
(a) She buys him new clothes.
(b) She takes him on the postal route so he can see where he is going.
(c) She takes him to meet his boss.
(d) She takes him to the pub for a drink.
3. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
(b) Frank and young Malachy.
(c) Margaret and Agnes.
(d) No one is allowed to visit her.
4. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She never tips the delivery boys.
(b) There are rumors that she is very mean.
(c) She has consumption.
(d) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
5. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Reading lessons.
(b) Gaelic lessons.
(c) Violin lessons.
(d) Irish dancing lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
2. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
3. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
4. What is the Confraternity?
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)