|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
(a) No one is allowed to visit her.
(b) Margaret and Agnes.
(c) Frank and young Malachy.
(d) Mr. Timoney and Laman.
2. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's mother sends them bread.
(b) He goes to Kathleen's store.
(c) He steals it.
(d) He borrows money from Grandma.
3. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
(a) He has pneumonia.
(b) He must have his tonsils removed.
(c) He has broken his arm.
(d) He has gained weight.
4. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(b) They steal it by causing a distraction.
(c) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
(d) They steal money to buy it.
5. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) She cannot pick them up from school.
(c) Angela is in a terrible mood.
(d) The family has no one to watch the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret get angry with Frank and make him take Galvin's food to the kiln for free?
2. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
4. Where does Aunt Aggie take Frank before he officially begins work at the Post Office?
5. Why does Alphie get so upset in Chapter 10?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)