|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
(a) She has consumption.
(b) There are rumors that she is very mean.
(c) She never tips the delivery boys.
(d) Her family has a reputation for drinking too much.
2. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They borrow it from the pub owners.
(b) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
(c) They steal money to buy it.
(d) They steal it by causing a distraction.
3. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Her dress is ripped.
(b) She had disappeared overnight.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She is begging for charity at churches.
4. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Malachy lost his job again.
(b) Frank was sick in grandmother's yard.
(c) Angela did not bring enough food for dinner.
(d) Frank lost his prayerbook.
5. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
(a) Young Malachy has drank some of his father's liquor.
(b) He has consumption.
(c) The older Malachy's dentures have gotten stuck in young Malachy's mouth.
(d) Young Malachy has caught pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
2. How does Frank provide food in Chapter 10?
3. What is the poem Angela shares with Bridey, "The Man From the North," about?
4. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
5. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)