|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Angela's health in Chapter 10?
(c) She is tired of working.
(d) She has gone crazy.
2. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
(a) Paddy won money gambling.
(b) Mrs. Clohessy remarried a rich man.
(c) Paddy's father died and his life insurance policy was huge.
(d) Paddy and his father now work in England and send money home.
3. Why is Frank disappointed that his mother is not speaking to his grandmother in Chapter 5?
(a) They cannot borrow sugar or tea from her.
(b) The family has no one to watch the children.
(c) She cannot pick them up from school.
(d) Angela is in a terrible mood.
4. What kind of lessons does Angela decide Frank must take?
(a) Reading lessons.
(b) Violin lessons.
(c) Irish dancing lessons.
(d) Gaelic lessons.
5. How do Frank and young Malachy get coal in Chapter 10?
(a) They pick up lose pieces on the street.
(b) They steal it by causing a distraction.
(c) They steal money to buy it.
(d) They borrow it from the pub owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
2. How does Agnes treat the children when they stay with her?
3. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
4. When does Pa Keating feed the children in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)