|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
(a) Aunt Agnes hit him when he asks for food.
(b) There is no place for him to sleep at Agnes's.
(c) He is angry with Frank.
(d) He misses his mother and goes to see her.
2. How does Frank spend his first wages in Chapter 15?
(a) He takes Michael out to a movie and buys him something to eat.
(b) He spends the evening at the pub.
(c) He repays Aunt Aggie.
(d) He buys new clothes for himself and his mother.
3. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Taking food to Galvin.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
4. What is the Confraternity?
(a) A dancing class.
(b) A religious organization.
(c) An employment agency.
(d) A soccer club.
5. Why is Frank ashamed of Angela at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She had disappeared overnight.
(c) She is begging for charity at churches.
(d) Her dress is ripped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Frank nervous about delivering the telegram to Theresa Carmody's house?
2. Why does Frank feel guilty after Theresa is gone?
3. Why do the children go to live with Aunt Agnes for awhile in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Paddy Clohessy's family doing well in Chapter 15?
5. Why is Frank's grandmother not speaking to Angela at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)