|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does young Malachy run away from Aunt Agnes's home in Chapter 10?
(a) He misses his mother and goes to see her.
(b) He is angry with Frank.
(c) There is no place for him to sleep at Agnes's.
(d) Aunt Agnes hit him when he asks for food.
2. Why are the other boys laughing at Frank when he first reports for work at the Post Office?
(a) He brings his mother to work with him.
(b) He is dirty and his clothes are a mess.
(c) He shows up to work without being offered a job.
(d) He does not know how to do the job.
3. Where does Malachy run away to in Chapter 10?
(a) Mikey Molloy's house.
(b) His grandmother's.
(c) The land by the river.
(d) The home on Roden Lane.
4. What job does Frank take on for Margaret?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Fetching coal.
(c) Taking food to Galvin.
(d) Delivering newspapers.
5. When Angela says that God has not been "seen lately in the lanes of Limerick," to what is she referring?
(a) Frank's bad behavior.
(b) Frank's illness.
(c) Their trip to Limerick.
(d) Malachy's chronic unemployment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Confraternity?
2. Why does young Malachy have to visit Barrington's Hospital?
3. Why do the McCourt children laugh at Aunt Agnes while they are staying with her in Chapter 10?
4. While at the hospital, what do the doctor's discover about Frank?
5. Who is able to visit Angela in the hospital when she is ill in Chapter 10?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)