|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angela Davis first meet people from the Black Panther Political Party?
2. Where did Angela Davis want to be tried?
3. How does Angela Davis explain the press's coverage of herself and her co-defendant?
4. What criterion did Angela Davis insist her lawyers agree on?
5. What was Angela Davis's relationship with Rap Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Angela Davis's lawyers arrange to get Davis out of solitary confinement?
2. Describe the conditions when Angela Davis arrived in the Santa Clara jail.
3. What did the prosecution build its case against Angela Davis on?
4. Describe Angela Davis's experience in London on her way back to America.
5. What was Franklin Alexander's position on black liberation?
6. What act of terrorism seemed to involve Angela Davis during her trial?
7. Describe Angela Davis's legal defense team.
8. What political activity did Angela Davis get involved in almost as soon as she returned to the U.S.?
9. What caused the change in venue for Angela Davis's trial?
10. What was Angela Davis's relationship with the Communist Party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How were black American Communists different from other Communists around the world? How were their goals similar? How were they opposed? How was the Civil Rights movement irreconcilable with the Communists' goals?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Angela Davis's family with the people with whom she fought in the Civil Rights movement. How are the families different? How are they similar? How did Angela Davis treat the two "families" differently?
Essay Topic 3
Why had Angela Davis studied in Europe, and why did she ultimately return to the U.S.? What factors influenced her decision to keep herself apart from political events in the U.S., and what made it possible for her to come home and participate in them?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)