|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the situation that brought Angela Davis to the circumstances that open the book begin?
2. What is Angela Davis learning when she made her trip at the beginning of the book?
3. Where was Angela Davis arrested?
4. Whom did Angela Davis go to see in Chicago?
5. Who were James McClain and William Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like for Angela Davis during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
2. What was Angela Davis's personality like when she was young?
3. Describe Angela Davis's trip to New York for school.
4. What was Angela Davis's experience in Paris?
5. Where was Angela Davis kept when she was in prison, and when was she moved?
6. What was Angela Davis's experience of the Birmingham church bombings?
7. Describe Angela Davis's arrival at college.
8. With whom did Angela Davis hide while she was running from the police?
9. Describe the decision that led Angela Davis out of Birmingham.
10. Describe Angela Davis's relationship with her fellow prisoners.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways was the Civil Rights movement an American movement, in keeping with the ideals of the founders who fought for freedom? In what ways was their situation unique in American history? What precedents did it have to fight against? What precedents did it establish?
Essay Topic 2
How have forms of political activism changed since the "war on terror" started after the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks in 2001? Would the Civil Rights movement have taken place differently today?
Essay Topic 3
Where was Angela Davis most free and comfortable in society? Was it in Europe, where she was free from American race tensions? Or America, where she was fighting the fight for her people?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)