|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Angela Davis arrested?
2. Where did Angela Davis's family move when Angela Davis was four?
3. Where did Angela Davis go from Chicago?
4. What was the atmosphere in the Davis home after they moved when Angela Davis was four?
5. What was Angela Davis's reason for traveling to Helsinki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Angela Davis's reaction to Malcolm X?
2. Why was Angela Davis in hiding at the beginning of the book?
3. Describe the decision that led Angela Davis out of Birmingham.
4. What did Angela Davis study in high school?
5. What did Angela Davis attribute her current situation to?
6. What was Angela Davis's experience of the Birmingham church bombings?
7. What was Angela Davis's family's status when she was a child, and her did her status affect her?
8. How did Angela Davis communicate with her family during her flight from the police and then her imprisonment?
9. Describe Angela Davis's relationship with her fellow prisoners.
10. What was it like for Angela Davis during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was it useful for Angela Davis to see society itself as the culprit in the death of Gregory Clark or others? Or did it diffuse her political activities?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Angela Davis's family with the people with whom she fought in the Civil Rights movement. How are the families different? How are they similar? How did Angela Davis treat the two "families" differently?
Essay Topic 3
Research the rest of Davis's life after the period covered in the memoir. How was she consistent with her early self? Was she ever inconsistent with herself? How did she change and grow over the course of her life? How did she remain the same?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)