|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee and the Communist Party?
(a) They competed for members, but forced their members to choose between parties.
(b) The two parties worked together.
(c) The SNCC did not want to be associated with Communists.
(d) They worked together on political project, but the Communists worked alone in economic cases.
2. What did Angela Davis suspect about newspaper accounts of the second day of her trial?
(a) That they implied that she was involved with the adjournment.
(b) That she had arranged for the juror to be attacked.
(c) That she had threatened the judge's life.
(d) That she was guilty.
3. Why was there a large crowd outside the courthouse on the second day of Angela Davis's trial?
(a) One of the jurors had been threatened.
(b) There had been an escape attempt at the men's prison.
(c) Someone had come with a gun to the trial.
(d) Someone had threatened the judge's life.
4. What was Angela Davis's relationship with Rap Brown?
(a) They worked together in the Black Panthers.
(b) She raised funds for his bail.
(c) She was arrested with him.
(d) She served with him in the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
5. What was Angela Davis supposed to have with her, according to the demands that interrupted her trial?
(a) $500,000 and five parachutes.
(b) Printing materials and a papers from her legal defense.
(c) Other political prisoners.
(d) $102,500 and the Soledad Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the People's Tribunal Committee do after the murder of Gregory Clark?
2. What caused Angela Davis to be moved to a new cell?
3. What did Angela Davis say about Jonathan Jackson in her opening statement?
4. Why did Howard Moore leave the pre-trial motions to other lawyers?
5. What did the newspapers compare the second day of Angela Davis's trial to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the genesis of the book Angela Davis wrote from prison.
2. What was the relationship between different black liberation organizations when Angela Davis returned to California?
3. How did Angela Davis's lawyers arrange to get Davis out of solitary confinement?
4. What did Angela Davis say in her opening statement to the jury?
5. Describe the lunch Angela Davis had while the jury was deliberating.
6. What were the three charges against Angela Davis, and what were the three verdicts?
7. What was Angela Davis's relationship with the Communist Party?
8. What act of terrorism seemed to involve Angela Davis during her trial?
9. What was Angela Davis's philosophy on handling her defense in court?
10. What role did Angela Davis play in the Black Panthers Political Party?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)