|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Angela Davis's status as a leader in the Black movement?
(a) She was considered too ambitious.
(b) She was appreciated.
(c) She was criticized.
(d) She was considered too young by many.
2. What emergency caused Angela Davis's lawyer to have to leave the prison suddenly?
(a) Ruchell Magee was murdered.
(b) George was murdered.
(c) The judge was threatened.
(d) Angela Davis was to be transferred to another prison.
3. Where was Angela Davis supposed to meet the people making the demands that disturbed the trial?
(a) At the airport in San Francisco.
(b) In front of the courthouse.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Chicago.
4. What was the relationship between the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee and the Communist Party?
(a) They worked together on political project, but the Communists worked alone in economic cases.
(b) The two parties worked together.
(c) They competed for members, but forced their members to choose between parties.
(d) The SNCC did not want to be associated with Communists.
5. What were Angela Davis's jail conditions like after she was first moved to her new jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What options did Angela Davis's legal team have after the second day of the trial?
2. Whose lectures did Angela Davis stop in London for when she was traveling back to the U.S.?
3. What did Angela Davis do that technically violated her bail bond?
4. On what basis did Angela Davis's lawyers win this concession at her arraignment hearing?
5. Where did Angela Davis want to be tried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Angela Davis's feelings about the Black Power group and other black movements in England?
2. How did Angela Davis technically violate the terms of her bail bond?
3. What did Angela Davis say in her opening statement to the jury?
4. What caused the change in venue for Angela Davis's trial?
5. What did the prosecution build its case against Angela Davis on?
6. What was Angela Davis's relationship with her co-defendant, Ruchell Magee?
7. How did Angela Davis's lawyers arrange to get Davis out of solitary confinement?
8. Where did Angela Davis go after she was free on bail?
9. Describe the genesis of the book Angela Davis wrote from prison.
10. What was Angela Davis's relationship with the Communist Party?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)