|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Angela Davis's relationship with Rap Brown?
(a) She served with him in the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(b) She was arrested with him.
(c) She raised funds for his bail.
(d) They worked together in the Black Panthers.
2. How was Angela Davis received by the black movement in San Diego when she arrived there?
3. What happened when the truth of the demands that interrupted the trial became known?
(a) Angela Davis was freed.
(b) The trial was declared a mistrial.
(c) The jury gave its verdict.
(d) Angela Davis returned to waiting for the verdict.
4. What did Richard Arnason do for Angela Davis?
(a) Returned her to solitary confinement.
(b) Set bail.
(c) Eased some restraints on her imprisonment.
(d) Prevented her from writing about her trial.
5. Who did Angela Davis spend her time in London with?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) The Black Power group.
(c) Herbert Marcuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angela Davis want to be tried?
2. What did Angela Davis suspect about newspaper accounts of the second day of her trial?
3. What caused Angela Davis to be moved to a new cell?
4. How did Angela Davis treat her trial?
5. How does Angela Davis explain the press's coverage of herself and her co-defendant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Franklin Alexander's position on black liberation?
2. How did Angela Davis technically violate the terms of her bail bond?
3. Where did Angela Davis go after she was free on bail?
4. What happened that allowed Angela Davis to be set free on bail?
5. What strategy did the police take in opposing the black liberation movements?
6. What caused the change in venue for Angela Davis's trial?
7. What were Angela Davis's feelings about the Black Power group and other black movements in England?
8. What political activity did Angela Davis get involved in almost as soon as she returned to the U.S.?
9. What did the judge read from at the close of Angela Davis's trial?
10. What role did Angela Davis play in the Black Panthers Political Party?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)