|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Angela Davis return to the U.S.?
2. How long had Angela Davis been imprisoned when she was finally released on bail?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 16 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 12 months.
3. What did Stokely Carmichael say to disappoint Angela Davis at the Los Angeles rally?
(a) That Marx was irrelevant to the Black Liberation Movement.
(b) That blacks would never assimilate with whites in America.
(c) That violence was going to be necessary in the Civil Rights Movement.
(d) That blacks should resort to non-violent forms of protest.
4. Why did Howard Moore leave the pre-trial motions to other lawyers?
(a) He had to make concessions to the local legal team.
(b) The defense team could not raise enough money for his fee.
(c) He was committed to a case in Atlanta.
(d) He had been de-barred in California.
5. What was Franklin Alexander's view of racism?
(a) That racism is against whites' interest a well.
(b) That racism is fundamentally cultural, not economic.
(c) That racism makes a profit for whites.
(d) That racism would persist as long as the history of slavery had not been atoned for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned Angela Davis to the courthouse on Sunday morning for the verdict?
2. Who approached Angela Davis as soon as she entered the conference in London?
3. How long was Angela Davis asked to remain in the court after she returned from lunch while the jury was out?
4. What were the Soledad Brothers accused of?
5. What criterion did Angela Davis insist her lawyers agree on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose hands was Angela Davis holding when the verdicts were read?
2. What political activity did Angela Davis get involved in almost as soon as she returned to the U.S.?
3. What was the mood among Davis's legal team when the verdicts were read?
4. What role did Angela Davis play in the Black Panthers Political Party?
5. Describe Angela Davis's experience in London on her way back to America.
6. Describe the lunch Angela Davis had while the jury was deliberating.
7. Describe the genesis of the book Angela Davis wrote from prison.
8. Who was Gregory Clark, and what influence did he have on Angela Davis's life?
9. What event made Angela Davis and her legal team consider filing for a relocation?
10. What did the prosecution build its case against Angela Davis on?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)