|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Angela Davis's legal team dissolved?
(a) Charges against her had been dropped.
(b) The pre-trial work was complete.
(c) She had won a mistrial.
(d) She had been released on bail.
2. What part of her trial was Angela Davis involved in?
(a) Filing motions.
(b) Raising bond.
(c) Pre-trial discovery.
(d) Jury selection.
3. What did the newspapers compare the second day of Angela Davis's trial to?
(a) The assassination of Martin Luther King.
(b) What had happened at the Marin County Courthouse.
(c) The previous relocation of Angela Davis' trial.
(d) The acquittal of the Soledad Brothers.
4. What emergency caused Angela Davis's lawyer to have to leave the prison suddenly?
(a) The judge was threatened.
(b) Angela Davis was to be transferred to another prison.
(c) Ruchell Magee was murdered.
(d) George was murdered.
5. What criticism did the Students Non-violent Coordinating Committee national representative make of Angela Davis's leadership of the LA chapter?
(a) He said they should be providing food and necessaries to poor people.
(b) He said they should provide job skills, not Marxist indoctrination.
(c) He said they should work on educating people with basic subjects, not advanced theory.
(d) He said they should be teaching people the history of black people's conflict with whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Angela Davis go after being released on bail?
2. Who came to see Angela Davis shortly after she was booked into jail?
3. In her opening statement, what did Angela Davis say motivated her action?
4. What kind of response to racism did Angela Davis believe would go nowhere?
5. What was the jury's verdict on the second charge against Angela Davis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Angela Davis's experience in London on her way back to America.
2. What was Franklin Alexander's position on black liberation?
3. What was Angela Davis's philosophy on handling her defense in court?
4. Describe the lunch Angela Davis had while the jury was deliberating.
5. What did the judge read from at the close of Angela Davis's trial?
6. Describe the genesis of the book Angela Davis wrote from prison.
7. What act of terrorism seemed to involve Angela Davis during her trial?
8. What strategy did the police take in opposing the black liberation movements?
9. What was Angela Davis's relationship with her co-defendant, Ruchell Magee?
10. What did Angela Davis say in her opening statement to the jury?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)